Adecco Reviews in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

Adecco CEO John L. Marshall III
John L. Marshall III

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Cons

1. "Bad contractor terms"

Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in London, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - Anonymous Contractor in London, England (UK)

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

Big company that can get you high salaries as an employer to contractors. Adecco was my official employee working for the financial sector and the bridge from my umbrella company and actual place/company of work.

Cons

Beware: Payment terms are appealing. I could not stress this enough! They try and hold to their money until last minute and not like major contractor companies at all. If you are a contractor please note you might not get a payment date until last minute and might not get one at all.

Advice to Management

You need to treat your contractors fairly. It's all nice until you sign a contract but payment terms not disclosed until last minute. Your payment terms are very unreasonable and your competition knows that.

"They DONT pay!!!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Birmingham, England (UK)

Pros

fake people that are trying to scamm you.

Cons

They dont pay your money.

3. "Adecco Belfast branch"

Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)
    Former Employee - Graphic Designer in Belfast, Northern Ireland (UK)

I worked at Adecco full-time

Pros

Very few, I could get a holiday when I wanted one That's about it.

Cons

Not helpful, everything seems like a hassle, no contact whatsoever after starting role, terrible pay, holiday format is terrible

Advice to Management

Be more helpful, actually care about who you employ, try not to sound like what someone is asking is hassle.

4. "Treated like a second class citizen!"

Former Contractor - CSA in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)
    Former Contractor - CSA in Corby, Northamptonshire, East Midlands, England (UK)

I worked at Adecco as a contractor (More than 3 years)

Pros

None! No communication between the agency and staff other than a member of Adecco visiting the placement once a week to butter up the manager.

Cons

Adecco treat their staff atrociously. Payments were always late or short and when you ring up to query this, you are a complete inconvenience to them. Don't even try and ask for maternity pay despite being an employee for 3 years.

Advice to Management

A workforce works for the manager not the company.

5. "Very poor"

Former Employee - Program Manager in London, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Program Manager in London, England (UK)

Pros

Paid on time every month but very little contact with anyone from Adecco which was not a bad thing as they are very disorganised. The HR managers are also not very motivated.

Cons

No real engagement with employees working on contracts for other organisations. No chance of growth within the organisation

"Racist, unprofessional and rude to name a few"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Manchester, England (UK)

Pros

Absolutely none. Glassdoor says I need 5 words, I can't come up with one positive adjective

Cons

I worked as a recruiter for a few recruitment agencies but Adecco has to be the most unprofessional of them all. Some of the incidents I witnessed could easily end up in convictions. There is utter chaos in the structure and absolutely no professionalism. I worked with not more than 10 people during that time and I saw police interventions, racial abuse and the lowest form of human behaviour. I don't even know how this company is still allowed to operate legally and how they get away with what the recruiters do to people.

Advice to Management

Don't hire mentally unstable recruiters. It seems most of your company is made of them

Adecco Response

Feb 20, 2017 – Marketing Executive

I am extremely sorry that you feel like this and am also very surprised to hear this. I am the Manager of the Adecco Manchester branch and I have not had a resourcer leave within the last 3 years so... More

7. "Jelly bean stuck to bottom of paper bag"

Former Freelancer - Administrator in London, England (UK)
    Former Freelancer - Administrator in London, England (UK)

Pros

Did not go through the pretence of a typing test.

Cons

I have 20 years administrative experience in the charity sector and I was looking for similar work within the not for profit sector, but Adecco – King’s Cross only contact me when they are looking to fill cleaning jobs, labouring and loading and unloading vans. I find their profiling interesting!

"AVIOD ADECCO"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Stockport, England (UK)

I worked at Adecco full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Sadly none at all.

Cons

Please see below- Far too many to list.

Advice to Management

I worked for Adecco in Stockport for approx 2 years and I HATED it. The Stockport branch was micro-managed and poorly ran and the staff rapport was non-existent. The office was dirty with no organisation , the manager was a disgrace and the consultants are made to lie to candidates all the time.

Perm staff who they place with clients are treated like a piece of meat and they just look at them like a 'bum on a seat' just so they get a ridiculous fee for them (the fees are no way justified - way too high and ripping clients off left, right and centre). They have no real admiration for you to succeed and they couldn't care less about you on a personal level. Like I said, you're just a bum on a seat for them and a nice hefty fee.

Temp staff aren't informed of their holiday allowance throughout the year and Adecco keep any unused holiday pay if the candidates don’t ask for it or don’t take it so be warned. Also, even though they may only pay some of the temporary candidates min wage, they are ripping the clients off by charging them double what the candidates earn at least.

They lie all the time, the branch is a joke, and it’s just a rip off scheme (AND SUCH THINGS)

"Constant mistakes with pay and refusal to rectify"

Current Contractor - Analytical Technician in Oxford, England (UK)
    Current Contractor - Analytical Technician in Oxford, England (UK)

I have been working at Adecco as a contractor (Less than a year)

Pros

None as a temp, minimum holiday and nothing if ill.

Cons

Pay every month was wrong, taxed far too much. Adecco corrected this the first two times and then said they wouldn't any longer as it required their time to do so. I was told I would need to wait until the end of each tax year and claim it all back from HMRC. So every month I would overpay by aprox 20% of my salary.
    I escalated this until I spoke with a director and was told that they weren't going to change the way they did things and if I didn't like it then find another job!

Advice to Management

Sort your payroll department out and have a clearer, easier to use holiday system !

10. "Avoid this company, dont hire from them ,"

Current Employee - Partner in Altrincham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Partner in Altrincham, England (UK)

Pros

I am a hirer not an employee

Cons

,On highlighting serious shortfall in claimed ability, no one will take responsibility

Advice to Management

vet your candidates, one was a disaster. candidate thought she knew eveything, but actually knew nothing. cost my company thousands in missed invoices

Showing 12 of 1,180 reviews