Adelphoi Village Reviews | Glassdoor

Plair Kucinski

1. "Counselor"

Former Employee - Counselor I in Connellsville, PA
    Former Employee - Counselor I in Connellsville, PA

I worked at Adelphoi Village full-time (More than a year)

Pros

In general, the people are good to work with. You will learn responsibility and routine.

Cons

Unfortunately, very little education and no experience is required, and one bad apple spoils the bunch.

Advice to Management

You get what you pay for, personnel-wise. Pay a little bit more and get a better class of employee from the top down.

"Absolutely horrendous"

Former Employee - C1, C2, Caseworker II in Latrobe, PA
    Former Employee - C1, C2, Caseworker II in Latrobe, PA

I worked at Adelphoi Village full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Pto is good. Ability to move up from c1 to c2 easily. And another reviewer said it right: clocking out at the end of the day!

Cons

CONSTANT paperwork (not worth the pay to do that and supervise kids). The management is all out for themselves. Jobs like this should have a union because any mistakes or issues just pile up and then you're surprised with a reprimand! Also, a very good supervisor was let go recently over a water pitcher being placed over a smoke alarm while he was on pto!!!! It's unreal how they can find reasons to fire someone like that over the slightest thing.

Advice to Management

Get a clue! Don't assume that residential work is so easy and we should just be able to "do it all"! Pay more if you want us to work around the clock AND get told we can't get overtime! This place has become a dictatorship of idiocy. Very cliquey and misguided.

"Fill in"

Pros

You have a job at least.

Cons

The people that run the company are horrible human beings. The President hides illegal practices and fires people that uphold morals and values.

Advice to Management

Plant some moles, you will find out what is going on.

5. "Counselor"

Pros

Great support staff around you

Cons

Tuff atmosphere to work in

Advice to Management

None

6. "Do not work for this company."

Current Employee - Counselor
    Current Employee - Counselor

I have been working at Adelphoi Village full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is not worth the amount of paperwork, physical assault from the clients, and chaotic schedule. Unless you like to work 9 days in a row, then this company is not worth it. The quality of the treatment is very poor and overall the message Adelphoi tries to sent out is not true to its word at all. Not worth your time at all.

Cons

Schedule is terrible. Company does not care if you are physically assaulted by client to the point where you need hospitalized. Therapy in units are useless and poor quality. No raise in two years since I've been working here.

Advice to Management

Create set schedules. Offer yearly raises to employees.

7. "Youth Care Worker"

I have been working at Adelphoi Village full-time

Pros

The company gives you a lot of opportunities to work over time shifts and participate in a lot of training.

Cons

The stress levels and potential safety issues that arise when dealing with physically aggressive youth is not worth the little bit of money they pay you.

Advice to Management

Continue to try and work together and keep the lines of communication open to employees. Things change at a rapid pace in this company so communication is important.

8. "Not worth it."

Former Employee - Counselor in Seward, PA
    Former Employee - Counselor in Seward, PA

I worked at Adelphoi Village (More than 10 years)

Pros

Liberal Paid Time Off policy

Cons

Minimal advancement opportunities. Low pay, and terrible benefits. Unsafe work environment.

Advice to Management

Stop telling employees you care about them. This work is too difficult not to get yearly raise.

9. "Don't do it"

Current Employee - Counselor I
    Current Employee - Counselor I

I have been working at Adelphoi Village full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Once in a while you'll meet a few kids who have a positive impact on your life

Cons

Very low pay rate, long hours and awful schedule, disrespectful youth, chaotic environment, unsupportive staff, unorganized, huge workload

"Here we go again"

I worked at Adelphoi Village full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The people who do direct care are very good,but they receive no trading from the supervisor.

Cons

The supervisor continues her reign of terror. She singles out certain staff and builds a case against them. She is a control freak and yet she is supported by upper management. She is destroying the place. Referrals are down and also counties are irritated with the lack of communication.

Advice to Management

Where to start.Get more in touch with the people who do the work with children. They are kind people with good work ethic.PAY ATTENTION to them

"Last place I would recommend to work"

I worked at Adelphoi Village full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

There are no pros to working for this agency.

Cons

Low pay, low staff support. Work ethic and quality of work mean nothing to upper management. The only employees who move up in the agency are in the click of who is liked, which is not based on performance. Level of education does not matter for advancement. Employees are not treated equally, different rules for different people, rules are not uniformly enforced. Most upper management positions have the worst work ethic that I have seen. Support staff are not treated as equals and it is the common belief that those in support positions have mindless jobs. Support personnel are the lowest paid employees in the company. Without the support staff Adelphoi Village would not be able to operate.

Advice to Management

My advice to management is to open their eyes and really look at who they put in positions of authority and examine the work and work ethic of those they put on pedestals. Management a bunch of human service workers with no business experience who are trying to run a non-profit as a for-profit business. All the power is in the hands of the few.