Aderant Reviews | Glassdoor

Aderant Reviews

Updated Oct 28, 2019

3.3
Aderant President Deane S. Price (no image)
Deane S. Price
Pros
Cons
  • "(in 5 reviews)

• "Limited room for growth; slow hiring; too much work for so few people; poor communication with management; poor benefits(in 4 reviews)

1. "Great Company"

Current Employee - Finance

I have been working at Aderant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great company to work for with a family oriented environment.

Cons

Work flow can be slow at times

Aderant2019-02-19
  2. "Great Place"

I have been working at Aderant full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Decent pay. Decent benefits. Great experience.

Cons

Can't think of any cons.

Aderant2019-10-28
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Nice place to work"

Former Employee - Senior Software Engineer in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aderant full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

They were very flexible with my work situation, and I was able to work remotely. Reasonable benefits. Competent management.

Cons

Much of the growth of the company was through seemingly disparate acquisitions. That sometimes seemed to cause culture and communication issues.

Aderant2019-08-07
  5. "good place"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Atlanta, GA

I worked at Aderant full-time

Pros

Growth is possible at the company, with good benefits

Cons

some customers are very demanding with unrealistic demands.

Advice to Management

please listen to your junior associates

Aderant2018-12-17

"Maintenance billing analyst"

I worked at Aderant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Decent location, pretty good technology, company volunteer activity

Cons

Unstructured, most people were unfriendly and didn’t communicate at all, management was very “clicky,” if you’re not in, you’re not in, woefully inadequate training

Advice to Management

Learn to effectively train, encourage more communication in departments and between departments

Aderant2018-08-13
  7. "Good place to work"

Current Employee - Professional Services in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aderant full-time for more than a year

Pros

High growth company with strong leadership and smart people

Cons

Demanding clients with sometimes unrealistic expectations.

Aderant2018-04-17
  8. "Sales"

I worked at Aderant full-time

Pros

Solid and experienced co-workers Great clients Opportunity for advancement

Cons

At times challenging to win highly competitive deals due to constraints based on external requirements

Aderant2017-12-05

"The best thing I did at this company was leaving it"

I worked at Aderant full-time

Pros

-Work/life balance- I could work exactly 40 hours with no issue -Events to get to know each other

Cons

-Lack of interdepartmental communication -Bad management Managers will not take care of you as an overall employee (which is their job)- instead only focusing on themselves. Opportunities to grow are stifled. There is barely any training, and employees were expected to learn on the job with harsh criticisms. There is a feeling of micro-management that can give people anxiety: 1. Inflexibility in work from home days. You had to take what little PTO adds up if you were sick, or if you had kids and needed to watch them at home for any reason. 2. Clocking in and out of a time system is doable but not when we are watched like hawks because we absolutely had to take "at least" 30 minutes of lunch for some reason.

Advice to Management

Learn what it means to manage. Managing isn't always about the work that your employees do, but about knowing and growing people which then encourages them to be better as people AND employees. The company I work for now is so much more flexible, and I feel so much more cared for and my actual health is better. I work slightly longer hours and I definitely work harder, and not because my manager pressures me to- because I want to. That's how you manage people.

Aderant2017-11-02

"Needs new leadership to shock the current complacency."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Aderant full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly staff. Decent benefits. Work life balance. Global presence. Decent software platform, but too many releases and patches to manage successfully.

Cons

No direction or proper leadership in place to develop the right processes and procedures to move the needle forward. New hire onboarding is minimal. Communication and accountability is lacking.

Advice to Management

Terminate any manager that has been employed with the company greater than 2 years because they are not contributing to growing the company. They have displayed no leadership skills to date or developed a department. Employees simply ride the payroll until they find new employment or laid off.

Aderant2017-10-31

"Growing & Challenging"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

I have been working at Aderant full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

* Executive team really cares * A LOT of great managers * Opportunities available * Great Culture * SMART people (awesome people) * Challenging but realistic goals The culture is something really special. The leaders of the company really do try to communicate, and when stuff gets missed (and it does) it doesn't feel intentional. For a REALLY global company (scattered), they make a lot of effort to know as many of the employees as they can. And that whole open-door thing... it's a thing that is really encouraged.

Cons

* Extreme time zones/global distribution * Some managers don't like "managing" their team * lots of system changes all the time * sometimes hard to FIND career opportunities Although most of the managers I've worked with are great, there is a handful that really like being a worker, and don't ever try to spend time with their employees. I know they are a minority, but their teams get really frustrated and bleeds over into other teams. These are the same managers who refuse to consider people for different roles in the company and since HR isn't doing it, people are left feeling "stuck" unless they have the skills & gumption to go to other depts. and FIND what they want.

Advice to Management

A cross-department communication strategy. Not just talking about how we need to talk, but an actual implementation of communication. Some kind of cross-department mentoring or enforced meetings to make sure - especially those depts. without obvious connections DO get a chance to (a) share information and (b) build some relationships to get some of these initiatives really moving.

Aderant2017-09-08