Adlens Reviews | Glassdoor

Adlens Reviews

Updated Feb 25, 2019

Found 28 reviews

4.2
Adlens CEO John Kennedy  (no image)
John Kennedy
  1. "Great to be with a company on the leading edge of technology"

I have been working at Adlens full-time for more than a year

Pros

It is exciting to work for a company that is paving a path to new technologies. I have worked for a number of top name technology companies much larger than Adlens and find Adlens to be a better culture and atmosphere than all the large companies I have worked for. I find the company has a great work life balance and good benefits.

Cons

I don't have any cons at this point.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing - continue to be open to all ideas from employees and keep pushing to create new products and enhance the current ones.

Adlens2018-09-13
  2. "accounts"

I worked at Adlens full-time

Pros

A fun, fast startup company

Cons

quality control with their product

Adlens2018-01-25

August 22, 2018HR Assistant

There’s been a huge change at Adlens in the past 18 months – we’re still committed to the original purpose of using the power of technology to help people see, but a new team have come in (I’m ex MOO, Green & Blacks, Richard worked on the 2012 Olympics and Sian’s from Dyson & Xerox). The culture is transformed, we’re working with some of the biggest names in AR/VR world and also developing cutting edge glasses. Come and see for yourself – we need we need talented creators to work on both augmented reality and variable focus glasses. John (the CEO)

3. "Great Company with Innovative Products."

I worked at Adlens full-time

Pros

Startup feel to the company even though it is growing. Your voice and opinion matter.

Cons

New technology that will take time for the general public to accept.

Advice to Management

Set a plan and stick to it.

Adlens2017-11-27
  4. "A remarkable culture and team."

Current Employee - Director of Customer Service in Boston, MA

I have been working at Adlens full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

For nearly five years I have been a part of the Adlens team. The culture is remarkable. My position is fast paced, challenging, interesting and constantly evolving. Adlens is a unique company with a very fascinating set of products and technology. The executive team are all thoughtful leaders and the general atmosphere of Adlens is one of mutual respect. I truly look forward to every small step toward future... success and we all play a part in the bigger steps. Adlens is the world leader in variable power optics. It is amazing to experience.

Cons

I can say that while no company is perfect we do constantly strive to improve communication, processes and service levels.

Adlens2017-11-21
  5. "Adlens"

I worked at Adlens full-time

Pros

Good compensation, benefits, travel reimbursement

Cons

Spread out, based in London

Adlens2017-09-12

"Disaster"

Anonymous in Boston, MA

I worked at Adlens

Pros

Quite a few nice people. If you are fortunate, you will travel the world, and eat well while doing it. As in other enterprises, if you are lucky to report to certain people, you will be well remunerated, regardless of your performance

Cons

Completely dependent on the whims of a CEO well past his prime, and unwilling to surrender any power. Horrific financial management, with money wasted shamefully on travel and entertainment. Abundant hypocrisy that tries to leverage the single owner's personal philanthropy into the fallacious claim that this commercial enterprise remotely cares about charity. Complete incompetency in manufacturing, marketing and... selling a product that is actually quite useful

Advice to Management

My advice to the owner, who is based in Asia, is to completely replace all the senior management or divest.

Adlens2016-02-08

7. "Employee"

in Chandler, AZ

I worked at Adlens for less than a year

Pros

The company has great products and is trying to change the optical industry for the better but unfortunately they don't have enough credibility. There have been so many other companies who have tried and failed when creating a similar product and if Adlens wants any credibility moving forward they're going to have to think outside the box.

Cons

Adlens has a great product but they are trying to move too fast because they're excited. They need to slow down. This is a new product (which has been tried by other companies and failed) so it needs to stand out and differentiate themselves from the similar products who have been introduced to the market before.

Advice to Management

Training for employees needs to be way more intense than it is. To become an expert on any product you need time. Also, moving forward managers should be more involved in the training process with each employee instead of other employees training new ones and giving feedback. It seems as if once you start receiving positive recognition from managers certain employees shut down and aren't willing to help you.

Adlens2015-09-18

August 22, 2018HR Assistant

8. "Fantastic Place to Work"

I have been working at Adlens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Adlens consists of some of the best and brightest minds around, focused on furthering really exciting technological innovation. Yet the company manages to remain relaxed and friendly, with a fantastic culture. There is no red tape or bureaucracy, instead it fosters an environment of openness, honesty and transparency; it is a place to genuinely share ideas - everyone here has a voice. The management team is... impressive too with a good attitude to work/life balance. Overall, an exciting, fun and friendly place to work

Cons

Genuinely can't think of any

Advice to Management

Keep up the excellent work!

Adlens2019-02-25
  9. "Engineer"

Current Employee - Engineer in Eynsham, England

I have been working at Adlens full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Genuinely new and interesting technology that no-one else it working on, nice people, lots of toys

Cons

Been a bit of a roller-coaster over the last few years (expand-contract-expand), but not more than you might expect from a start-up

Adlens2018-12-10
  10. "Good company to work for"

Current Employee - Senior Design Engineer in Eynsham, England

I have been working at Adlens full-time for less than a year

Pros

Interesting work in a dynamic field, good atmosphere, nice people, good working conditions.

Cons

The office is a little bit out of the way but easy enough to get to.

Adlens2018-12-10