Adobe Reviews in Orem, UT | Glassdoor

Updated May 2, 2017

Orem, UT

3.7
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • The work life balance here is excellent though some teams ( especially those working on newer features) might have to spend a weekend or two here (in 431 reviews)

• Great benefits and work/life balance (in 194 reviews)

Cons

1. "Adobe is a great place to work with lots of opportunity for growth."

Former Employee - IT Client Services in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - IT Client Services in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, good coworkers, great benefits. This company takes care of you, while giving you a lot of room to grow, train, and try out new things. I had a good relationship with some in upper management and felt like they cared about what was going on in their organizations.

Cons

The same as anywhere else you work- some uninspired middle management, old foagies hanging on not wanting to grow, double standards. Nothing inordinately different about the cons here versus other places. Your average corporate America shenanigans.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Most of the management did a fine job with that, but there were always a couple people with their ears shut.

2. "Great Company, Questionable Managers"

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orem, UT
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Adobe provides a Flexible work schedule. Often found myself working on cutting edge work. The teams were friendly and welcoming.

Cons

Front line managers lack the motivation to get to know employees and care about their development. Management would talk bad about employees behind closed doors while telling the employees that they are doing great and have little to work on.

Advice to Management

Managers should give real actionable feedback to employees when there is something to improve instead of just belittling the employee.

"Big Company - Little Career Advancement"

Former Employee - User Experience Manager in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - User Experience Manager in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adobe cares a lot about employees and provides incredible benefits. I worked with really talented people all across the world and learned a lot about powerful technology in the domain of digital marketing / analytics. The products I worked on were complicated and challenging. Also - you didn't have to be a manager of people to advance.

Cons

Lots of politics and (at the time) weak product management organization. Also, there wasn't room to advance as a manager because of other Adobe "lifers" who liked their comfortable management jobs.

Advice to Management

Continue to invest in the learning and growth of individual contributors. Don't put people in management positions that are poor people managers or don't know how to help others grow.

"Decreasing ability to make money in sales year over year."

Former Employee - Account Executive in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Account Executive in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good products and good company culture. It was hard to get a job because everyone in Utah wanted to work here. That probably got worse once the new building was built.

Cons

Upper management had been making it harder to make money for the last couple of years since the Omniture acquisition before I left. That was strange because the Adobe Marketing Suite is going to have to grow really quickly to stay ahead of Google and IBM.

Advice to Management

Don't let short term stock price pushing take your eye off the long term opportunity of being a leader in Digital Marketing Optimization.

5. "Great company with a compelling vision for growth"

Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT
    Former Employee - Associate Consultant in Orem, UT

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adobe offers exciting work in a fun, growing space. They have a clear, compelling vision for where they are taking this mature software company. Great opportunities lie ahead and Adobe is well positions to capitalize on those. Being a part of this company was exciting and fun

Cons

Opportunities for internal growth and advancement were very limited.

Advice to Management

Look for more ways to reward top talent and provide opportunities for growth.

"Adobe is a great place to work."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The benefits at Adobe are excellent. They really do a lot for their employees. The Adobe culture is great and I think it is getting better. The people at Adobe enjoy their jobs and it shows in interactions.

Cons

Very tall company and a lot of middle management feels a bit stale. I think many departments are a bit over segregated creating unnecessary levels of management and hierarchy between employees and people with real authority.

Advice to Management

Don't allow middle management to stay too long without progressing.

7. "Very happy working for Adobe"

Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Associate Project Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits are fantastic, opportunities are varied

Cons

A very policied company to work for and with

"Great place to work with good people, plenty of advancement opportunity."

Current Employee - Project Manager in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Good work life balance for the most part. There is a high value on PTO from upper management. Family first. Advancement opportunities if you have the drive to learn and move up. The company is still small enough to know a lot of key people up to Ops Staff.

There is a huge push to improve the workspace on a global level and it is making it an even more enjoyable place to work.

There is also a new welcomed push from HR to remove the annual review process. This is a huge innovated step for a company this size. It shows that HR is listening to the employees and making changes.

Ultimately, Adobe is a great place to work because of the people I work with. I genuinely enjoy working with most of my peers. It creates a solid experience.

Cons

The HR policy that restricts the salary increase when you move to a new position. Too many new jobs where you completely change roles are considered "lateral" moves and thus not eligible for an appropriate salary based on the new job or stock options.

Advice to Management

Re-evaluate the HR policy around around lateral moves and new positions within the company. Career advancement should also be rewarded financially.

9. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Solutions Consultant in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great benefits... Really. I work for a company that everyone else is impressed with. It's good for the resume. Free software. In my position I get fun tech toys to play with. I work for a company that I respect

Cons

I see no real cons...

"Good or bad depending upon department"

Current Employee - Support Engineer in Orem, UT
    Current Employee - Support Engineer in Orem, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Benefits are extensive and very competitive.

Cons

Yearly layoffs and outsourcing jobs to other countries

Advice to Management

Less management and more leadership.

Showing 20 of 2,665 reviews