Adobe Reviews | Glassdoor

Adobe Reviews

Updated April 18, 2017

1.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends

Pros
  • The work life balance here is excellent though some teams ( especially those working on newer features) might have to spend a weekend or two here (in 423 reviews)

• Great benefits and work/life balance (in 195 reviews)

"Inside Sale - Lehi"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adobe as a company is great. Direct line managers are great.

Cons

If you want to get a great education and learn a lot Join the Inside sales department. You'll learn how to take a outstanding Department and run it into the ground in less than 4 months. You'll learn exactly how not to lead and motivate people, You'll learn how to ignore people and only rely on data. You'll learn how to take a simple successful system and over complicate it with busy work and pointless validations. You'll learn how to forget about the customer and doing what is best for them. You'll learn how to create an environment with no path to success. You'll learn how to talk out of both sides of your mouth.
     I am so thankful for this experience for now I know exactly what not to look for in my next company and how to not lead.

Advice to Management

The upper management team should be embarrassed that they have failed so many people. This isn't a game, we aren't genie pigs, these are peoples lives, families, and careers. Admit that you have failed, own it, and take a drastic step back. Fix the territories, developed a better realistic standard, and let people work and sale. Remember the people and the customer are number one and that data isn't always right. Take care of those that have been loyal for years, compensate them for the wrong and financial stress you have caused, respect their knowledge and experience. Make a real sincere effort to retain those that are leaving. Get rid of the bloated support staff. Bring back the fun and kick a** attitude!

"Inside Sales at Adobe is a JOKE"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adobe is the best company to work for in Utah, not even close. Comp package, benefits, employee stock plan and the #AdobeLife is elite. "I Don't Like it, I Love It," by Flo Rida and Robin Thicke wrote this jam about Adobe.

Cons

Only one problem: Inside Sales leadership. There are no leaders in management, though they have the titles, they cannot do their jobs because their leader appears to be dishonest, condesending and threatened his entire org during the most recent all-hands meeting, to not ask “career limiting questions,” regarding their quotas going up 40% to 125%. Any managers that challenge his ideas are pushed out. His pride is killing Inside Sales at Adobe.

Employees aren't heard, valued or respected. Twelve (12) from Inside Sales have left in the past month, but whats scarier is the amount of people actively looking. When it==the max exodus occurs they won’t care, but they won’t even see if coming because they think all is well in Zion. There are many more that will be gone by the Summer. Our leadership actually reached out to another local company that hired some of the Adobe employees, and demanded that company end existing interviews with all Adobe employees. The evdence is the emails that company sent to the interviewing Adobe employees. HR violation or not, that’s how this leadership behaves. They don’t listen and they think they can solve problems, but with no sales leaders in upper management they often misdiagnose the problem and the solutions just compound problems. This is not just a Lehi problem as two from San Jose left in the last two weeks. Our leadership will handpick specific people and situations and use that best case scenario as the typical example of how things should work every single time.

Leadership has raised quota 4 times mid-year in the last 22 months. Once you hit your number, they move the number back then brag about how they removed the cap that the last leader had. We miss that guy. After one such quota change they retroactively took money from an entire team of ADMs, totaling thousands per ADM. Retroactive folks! He has taken away entire revenue streams, not paid out spiffs, forced ADMs to compete against the field team and doesn’t provide cover over the top when we attempt to execute his plan against our field teams. We have “new quality standards” that are simply just busy work for him to report up some awesome new changes. All of this would be fine if we were being compensated properly to deal with his drama, but production has fallen off a cliff and he bragged that gives him more credibility as a leader. He may be delusional, narcissistic or just threatened by A+ players. I will admit, I’m not a doctor. I have heard comparisons to Lord Farquad, but I have not seen the movie Shrek, so I cannot comment. During our company Christmas party one of the white elephant gifts was rolls of toilet paper with his likeness custom printed on the ultrasoft. Many fought over that gift. During one exit interview he was called out on his threat to the org regarding “career limiting questions” and he denied ever making that comment. He forgot its recrded and that it was attended by nearly 150 people. It’s also cute that he personally posted a positive review of the great job he’s doing here at Adobe, lol. Now he has the other Inside Sales managers posting positive reviews on Glassdoor. Now you know you’re desperate…

Advice to Management

Focus on us and not the field sales team. Fix our org problems. Every new change is for the field and not your own org (TBP, Value Prompter, Auditor team). Just save face and fix our problems. We don’t need or want an apology because we don’t value public perception over production. With your Director title, you are accountable to fix it. No one is right all the time and we don’t hold it against you until you start lying and talking to us like we’re children. Don’t tell us that it’s a good thing that our quota doubled and then tell us we’re being recognized as a high performer when you give us a 20% quota raise tax on top of everyone else on our team. Stop using your fake smile. Its offensive when you smile like that as you end our careers at Adobe and then stop us from trying to leave on good terms. This is Ground Hog Day and Friday the 13th mixed together because when I finally die and the pain and horror is over, its starts all over again the very next day. I miss Pluralsight...

"Inside sales org needs new leadership"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adobe is a great cook company to work for. It is unfortunate that the dark cloud of the inside sales organization overshadows all of the great benefits of a great organization. The people and direct managers are excellent to work with.

Cons

The upper management of inside sales seems like he's trying to force all of the talent to leave Adobe. I have been with the organization for over two years now and have seen a lot of talented people leave because of their lack of faith in his leadership abilities and organizational direction. I heard such great things about Adobe and the inside sales or prior to me coming and at first it was all true. Over the last year I have seen a complete turnaround in the organization and Moral across the sales team. I am looking for other positions within Adobe and outside of Adobe and most of the people that I speak with within the inside sales org are doing the same. I looked at Adobe as a place that I could retire at when first coming to Adobe. I can say for sure that that is not the case now.

Advice to Management

In my humble opinion something needs to happen quickly, If you do not want to lose the talented sales people within the inside sales organization that have worked so hard to see Adobe succeed.

"Sales: Digital Marketing"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe (More than 3 years)

Pros

The products are well received by customers but are definitely starting to slip. Stock is flying, espp program excellent as well as benefits.

Cons

Where do I begin. In my twenty plus years of sales this place was the most toxic and frustrating for ridiculous reasons. The management team creates an unnecessary toxic environment that prevents effective selling and supporting of customers. The amount of internal work far outweighs the selling that should be going on to the customer base. The aggressive nature of the sales management team creates an ugly environment, that then gets pushed on to the customers. Some of the management is talented but feels intimidated by upper management and that is pushed to the salesforce. There are unqualified people in management that micromanage to a level I have never seen. The worst part is having commission taken back when a customer doesn't renew that you didn't sell in the first place! Numerous good reps and managers have left for this reason. I can't stress this enough, stay away from this toxic environment

Advice to Management

Go back to what made Adobe/Omniture successful

"Terrible Company to work for"

Former Employee - Build Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Build Engineer in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

They used to have Hard wall Offices but they are almost all gone now.
    Almost nothing left here that is good anymore.

Cons

HR does not stand up for the Employee only for Management . Managers Lie over and over again and then they let you go for poor performance for the lies they told. I will never work for this company again. They work you to the bone there is not work/life balance it is just work.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the Open Office crap and listen to your Employees and not just to the managers.

7. "if the recuriter calls you hang up"

Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in McLean, VA
    Former Freelancer - Anonymous Freelancer in McLean, VA

I worked at Adobe (More than 3 years)

Pros

Allot of interesting products- well known company gets you in the door. You can cobble together solutions for customers. the overall company is doing well.

Cons

They have figured out everyway possible to not pay their sales reps.End of the quarter they have a " soft close" Basically any deal you close you do not get paid on for and extra 30 days. " big deal" anything over $3.6M they have to discuss and they send you a letter thanking for closing a big deal but we are not going to pay you. If you are new rep you are responsible for deals that other reps did before you.if the customer does not renew that deal you go in the hole.

Advice to Management

Good products but upper management could care less about the person on the street. AT the sales conference every year they talk about how good the company doing but very few people are making their quota. The turn over rate at this company is extremely high, run do walk away form them.

"The worst culture ever"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

The money, the perception that the company name gives you in the job market when you decide you're done with this nonsense.

Cons

The culture is the worst I have seen in my professional career. The company is mostly run by white males who give lip service to diversity but have zero interest in it. There is a huge amount of narcissism and a bias towards people who talk nonstop about how great the company is and brown nose. It's like the worst frat you've ever seen. Most salespeople have never used the products they are selling. They have their sales scripts but that's it.

You are expected to attend meetings and engage in typical workaholic behaviors if you want to go anywhere or save your job. They literally openly threaten firing during conferences and meetings if you do not praticipate to their liking. I have spoken to a number of people who have missed family events years in a row or missed milestones like their child walking for the first time because they are expected to attend grueling meetings regardless. It is very clear that these people must give total control of their homelife to their spouse or partner, otherwise their home would be in shambles.

Expect poor to no training or mentorship. When you struggle, you will be blamed. You'll be pointed to the web with countless trainings that will teach you zero valuable skills. Your mentor will end up being someone who is way too busy trying to be a superstar suck up to actually mentor you. When you fail you'll be labeled as "just not adobe material."

The processes are a bureaucratic nightmare that would make George Orwell say "really? That seems over the top." Expect that any process will require you to call or interact with offshore resources in India who struggle to communicate and have zero understanding of the process beyond their link in the chain.

It is without question the least empathic work environment I have ever seen. God forbid you bring up anything unpleasant like a death in the family or anything similar as just small talk. The employee will gloss over it and talk about how "excited" they are about the "opportunities" Adobe has in the market. That is unless they want to sell you something and then they will act like they care until the deal is done.

Advice to Management

Stop talking about things and actually do them. Get the female population above 20%. That's a shameful number for a company that is in this market.

Actually focus on work-life balance rather than paying it lip services ("I know you'll need to miss your moms funeral, but...").

Basically, just try and be human, good people. You know, the stuff you talk about but don't actually do.

9. "Business Process Manager Intern"

Current Intern - Business Process Manager in San Jose, CA
    Current Intern - Business Process Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

perfect company to work for Work-Life balance
    Employee friendly
    Very good salary

Cons

Not any as of now

"Awful Place, Awful People"

Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Developer in New York, NY

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

It's a stable job. Some smart people work there. I'm just typing at this point to fill the 20 word minimum.

Cons

Soulless corporate entity. Underpay their employees. Blow sunshine up everyones' butts to get them to work on products no one actually cares about or uses.

Advice to Management

Don't lead people on when there are not any opportunities to grow in the company. Listen to employee feedback. Pay competitive salaries, you are not a startup.

"Not good"

Former Employee - Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Director in New York, NY

I worked at Adobe (Less than a year)

Pros

Recognizable name on the creative services side. Has a lot of smart people working at the company. Great salary and benefits.

Cons

Very little collaboration happening internally between the different platform teams. Management was in constant influx of change which was not a good sign.

Advice to Management

Listen to your employees. Make sure that teams are acting collaboratively. This tone is set by the management of the different teams. So make sure they enforce the rules.

Showing 78 of 2,617 reviews