Adobe Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.2

2,785 Employee Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is one of the few top tech companies that truly wants you to have a good work-life balance (in 511 reviews)

• Great benefits and work/life balance (in 214 reviews)

1. Featured Review

"Awesome Place to Be - Celebrating 11 years!"

Current Employee - Senior Director, Demand Gen in Salt Lake City, UT
    Current Employee - Senior Director, Demand Gen in Salt Lake City, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

-It's a Billion Dollar Start Up - fast pace, highly-intelligent people, makes strategic decisions fairly quickly for such a large company.
    -Culture is fantastic - you love coming to work because of the great people!
    -The solution space is fantastic - everything digital!

Cons

We're a consensus-driven culture, which can make the decision making process all-inclusive; but the positive is that once a decision is made, it is fully supported.

Advice to Management

Keep up the Pace and Great Work. Continue a Relentless Focus on Making Our Customers Happy.

2. "Very poor executive leadership"

I worked at Adobe full-time

Pros

Easy to get lost in the shuffle if that's what you want to do.

Cons

Poor executive leadership, from the top down. High changeover year after year with significant re-orgs. Despite record earnings, employee benefits were subtly reduced each year. Seniority merely gets you a mention on a slide in an all-hands at 5, 10, 15 or 20 years. Observed executives laying off highly qualified seasoned veterans who were some of the most innovative people in the industry. Sadly, Adobe is now only after profits and it shows. Great place to work if you want to kill your creative instincts.

"Treats women unfairly"

I worked at Adobe full-time

Pros

People are smart and interesting, products are great, perks are excellent, especially the two company "shutdowns" each year. Facilities are attractive and colorful.

Cons

Treats women unfairly, has a lot of deadwood, doesn't have a clear strategy, ignores its own research in favor of management whims.

Advice to Management

I left Adobe because my manager treated women unfairly. He gave the men on our team clear preferential treatment, choosing them for projects when women were more experienced and qualified. Everyone warned me not to go to HR as they wouldn't help. I waited until I'd given notice to make my complaint. Indeed, HR did nothing, despite ample proof and corroboration from other team members. Adobe pays lip service to valuing women but doesn't actually protect them from rampant gender bias and mistreatment. Beware.

4. "Not for the young and the talented"

Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff
    Former Employee - Senior Member of Technical Staff

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good food, decent pay, mostly relaxed atmosphere.

Cons

Engineering management is inept, deadwood, lot of politics, poor quality of work, cost cutting in all aspects.
    Management has no ambition. Sick leaves debated. Engineering quality is going down the drain.

Advice to Management

No advice would help.

"Adobe Inside Sales Leadership HELP!"

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

Adobe as an overall organization is doing great things in the digital marketing space. They are an innovative company with the best CEO and CFO in the software business.

Cons

The inside sales management is lead by a guy who admittedly says he has never sold anything in his career and expects everyone under him to be yes men and is only worried about his own image and everyone else to deal with it or leave. If anyone says anything contrary to what he says they are blacklisted. Most of the new managers don't have any experience and are either there because they are total yes men or of the good ol' boy system. Because of lack of experience from the management team the inside sales program is not a good place to be and everyone is planning to leave, which that is what management wants so they can put younger more inexperienced people in our place. Which from a business $$$ standpoint in makes since. However, if you are a yes man and want to brown nose to advance and not worry about being talented Adobe's Inside Sales team is the place for you.

Advice to Management

Get rid of the inside sales management team and get managers in there that are serious about making an inside sales team legit and respectable within the organization.

"Inside Sale - Lehi"

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adobe as a company is great. Direct line managers are great.

Cons

If you want to get a great education and learn a lot Join the Inside sales department. You'll learn how to take a outstanding Department and run it into the ground in less than 4 months. You'll learn exactly how not to lead and motivate people, You'll learn how to ignore people and only rely on data. You'll learn how to take a simple successful system and over complicate it with busy work and pointless validations. You'll learn how to forget about the customer and doing what is best for them. You'll learn how to create an environment with no path to success. You'll learn how to talk out of both sides of your mouth.
     I am so thankful for this experience for now I know exactly what not to look for in my next company and how to not lead.

Advice to Management

The upper management team should be embarrassed that they have failed so many people. This isn't a game, we aren't genie pigs, these are peoples lives, families, and careers. Admit that you have failed, own it, and take a drastic step back. Fix the territories, developed a better realistic standard, and let people work and sale. Remember the people and the customer are number one and that data isn't always right. Take care of those that have been loyal for years, compensate them for the wrong and financial stress you have caused, respect their knowledge and experience. Make a real sincere effort to retain those that are leaving. Get rid of the bloated support staff. Bring back the fun and kick a** attitude!

"Inside Sales at Adobe is a JOKE"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adobe is the best company to work for in Utah, not even close. Comp package, benefits, employee stock plan and the #AdobeLife is elite. "I Don't Like it, I Love It," by Flo Rida and Robin Thicke wrote this jam about Adobe.

Cons

Only one problem: Inside Sales leadership. There are no leaders in management, though they have the titles, they cannot do their jobs because their leader appears to be dishonest, condesending and threatened his entire org during the most recent all-hands meeting, to not ask “career limiting questions,” regarding their quotas going up 40% to 125%. Any managers that challenge his ideas are pushed out. His pride is killing Inside Sales at Adobe.

Employees aren't heard, valued or respected. Twelve (12) from Inside Sales have left in the past month, but whats scarier is the amount of people actively looking. When it==the max exodus occurs they won’t care, but they won’t even see if coming because they think all is well in Zion. There are many more that will be gone by the Summer. Our leadership actually reached out to another local company that hired some of the Adobe employees, and demanded that company end existing interviews with all Adobe employees. The evdence is the emails that company sent to the interviewing Adobe employees. HR violation or not, that’s how this leadership behaves. They don’t listen and they think they can solve problems, but with no sales leaders in upper management they often misdiagnose the problem and the solutions just compound problems. This is not just a Lehi problem as two from San Jose left in the last two weeks. Our leadership will handpick specific people and situations and use that best case scenario as the typical example of how things should work every single time.

Leadership has raised quota 4 times mid-year in the last 22 months. Once you hit your number, they move the number back then brag about how they removed the cap that the last leader had. We miss that guy. After one such quota change they retroactively took money from an entire team of ADMs, totaling thousands per ADM. Retroactive folks! He has taken away entire revenue streams, not paid out spiffs, forced ADMs to compete against the field team and doesn’t provide cover over the top when we attempt to execute his plan against our field teams. We have “new quality standards” that are simply just busy work for him to report up some awesome new changes. All of this would be fine if we were being compensated properly to deal with his drama, but production has fallen off a cliff and he bragged that gives him more credibility as a leader. He may be delusional, narcissistic or just threatened by A+ players. I will admit, I’m not a doctor. I have heard comparisons to Lord Farquad, but I have not seen the movie Shrek, so I cannot comment. During our company Christmas party one of the white elephant gifts was rolls of toilet paper with his likeness custom printed on the ultrasoft. Many fought over that gift. During one exit interview he was called out on his threat to the org regarding “career limiting questions” and he denied ever making that comment. He forgot its recrded and that it was attended by nearly 150 people. It’s also cute that he personally posted a positive review of the great job he’s doing here at Adobe, lol. Now he has the other Inside Sales managers posting positive reviews on Glassdoor. Now you know you’re desperate…

Advice to Management

Focus on us and not the field sales team. Fix our org problems. Every new change is for the field and not your own org (TBP, Value Prompter, Auditor team). Just save face and fix our problems. We don’t need or want an apology because we don’t value public perception over production. With your Director title, you are accountable to fix it. No one is right all the time and we don’t hold it against you until you start lying and talking to us like we’re children. Don’t tell us that it’s a good thing that our quota doubled and then tell us we’re being recognized as a high performer when you give us a 20% quota raise tax on top of everyone else on our team. Stop using your fake smile. Its offensive when you smile like that as you end our careers at Adobe and then stop us from trying to leave on good terms. This is Ground Hog Day and Friday the 13th mixed together because when I finally die and the pain and horror is over, its starts all over again the very next day. I miss Pluralsight...

"Inside sales org needs new leadership"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adobe is a great cook company to work for. It is unfortunate that the dark cloud of the inside sales organization overshadows all of the great benefits of a great organization. The people and direct managers are excellent to work with.

Cons

The upper management of inside sales seems like he's trying to force all of the talent to leave Adobe. I have been with the organization for over two years now and have seen a lot of talented people leave because of their lack of faith in his leadership abilities and organizational direction. I heard such great things about Adobe and the inside sales or prior to me coming and at first it was all true. Over the last year I have seen a complete turnaround in the organization and Moral across the sales team. I am looking for other positions within Adobe and outside of Adobe and most of the people that I speak with within the inside sales org are doing the same. I looked at Adobe as a place that I could retire at when first coming to Adobe. I can say for sure that that is not the case now.

Advice to Management

In my humble opinion something needs to happen quickly, If you do not want to lose the talented sales people within the inside sales organization that have worked so hard to see Adobe succeed.

"Account Executive"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Solid products. Good marketing support. A lot of time off

Cons

The entire sales org is a mess. People are leaving in droves. Quota's are very high against account lists and very few reps hit quota. This has caused a real problem with morale. Most reps realize their quotas are a joke, so there is a high level of apathy. Also, if you are thinking about working at Adobe you need to understand you are penalized when your customers cancel. The value of the cancelled contract goes directly against your quota. This means you can have negative commission checks. Finally, you will take as much abuse from Sales Management here as you will anywhere else. So, don't think you are coming to work for a friendly, happy place.

Advice to Management

Get rid of attrition and have more realistic quotas. Also, pay market rate.

"Adobe is Two Different Companies"

I have been working at Adobe full-time

Pros

Great coworkers and benefits throughout the company, except on the Federal team. The main company has great atmosphere and diversity, plus a lot of innovation and creativity!

Cons

Federal sales team is a mess. Women are paid 30% or more less than men, and are routinely passed for promotions or raises. They've interviewed candidates at strip clubs and have no respect for diversity or the company's core product line (creatives).

Advice to Management

Look at your Federal team, and look at how the women are paid less, promoted less, and treated horribly in that division. The sales team knows nothing about the products and does not care.

Showing 2,785 of 2,992 reviews