Adobe Reviews | Glassdoor

Adobe Reviews

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • This is one of the few top tech companies that truly wants you to have a good work-life balance (in 446 reviews)

• Great benefits and work/life balance (in 197 reviews)

Cons

"Adobe is one of the best places in the world to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Awesome products -- fun working on a product used by millions of people
    Great Technology
    High level of trust and respect for employees
    Great work environment

Cons

Some employees have a lack of urgency for making needed product improvements. We need to be more customer focused. Sometimes we have great technology that is too hard for people to use.

Advice to Management

Drive accountability for more accountability from business and engineering leaders for ensuring that we are doing right by our customers.

2. "I love adobe"

Former Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Computer Scientist in San Jose, CA

Pros

1. Smart, diligent, friendly people to work with
    2. Very interesting projects that match my background well
    3. An excellent quality control software projects
    4. Good pay
    5. Nice environment, amenable weather in bay area

Cons

Unfortunately, the adobe creative suite, specifically, cs4, didn't sell well due the the economic downtime. Adobe had to lay off twice in one year, sigh...

Advice to Management

None... I am grateful to my manager and manager's manager. I wish Adobe didn't acquire the omniture but stick to the desktop creative suite, but I understand that's not the reality..

3. "Good place for an intern."

Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Software Engineer in San Jose, CA

Pros

Environment was really helpful especially in development. All engineers are free to talk and help. The building is extremely nice and the amenities are top notch.

Cons

Sometimes the products are not the most exciting. Every product uses flash or so it seems, and speed is not always the first priority.

Advice to Management

Look into other options, flash is not the answer to everything. Overall, I feel there needs to be more innovation.

4. "One of the top innovation houses - Adobe!"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Newton, MA

Pros

- Challenging work on new technology
    - Flexibility in hours and casual work environment
    - Excellent benefits
    - Good compensation packages

Cons

I cannot think of any cons of working at a company like Adobe. I see that they provide an environment that caters best to each employee making the experience conducive and meaningful

Advice to Management

- To spear further innovation having events like brown bags and idea exchange between teams and encouraging engineers to attend more conferences and summits will be some great steps forward.

5. "Very good overall"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Great salary and benefits, interesting work

Cons

Offshoring of jobs, high stress

Advice to Management

Compensation is very good, but it is not the only or even best way to attract and retain top talent.

6. "Supportive Environment"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Pros

Adobe has a great culture, supporting employees while producing great technology.

Cons

It is tough to have to talk about Apple vs Adobe all.the.time...

Advice to Management

Fix things with Steve Jobs!

"Great place to work, but like all other places, there are areas for improvement."

Current Employee - Legal Counsel in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Legal Counsel in San Jose, CA

Pros

Most of my colleagues are super--smart, hard-working, team-players, operate in the best interests of the company. Great innovation--it is incredible how much innovation is going on within the company. Cool products, cool brand, users love Adobe!

Cons

Organization is pretty flat, so some feel potential promotions is more limited.
    Consensus-driven company (although in some cases is a good thing, it can bog down decision making, especially at the very top levels of the company).
    Pay could be better--not sure how HR does its benchmarking, but we seem to have lower salaries than my colleagues at other high-tech companies in the Valley.

Advice to Management

Great culture, great products and innovation. Be aggressive in the market place and remain visionary, not just tactical. Make sure to not run functional groups, like legal, too lean for too long.

"No other place I would rather be"

Current Employee - Consultant (Adobe Consulting, for Omniture Technology) in Orem, UT

Pros

Collaborative
    Smart
    Balanced work/life
    Engaging, dynamic projects with huge companies
    Great internal resources
    Cutting edge in field
    Remote office supported

Cons

(Omniture consulting)
    Unclear guidelines for promotions
    New innovations constantly
    Lots of offerings to learn about

Advice to Management

Very satisfied, admire strategies and principles of management.

"Great Place to Work-Systems Need Improvement"

Current Employee - Sales Operations Specialist in McLean, VA
    Current Employee - Sales Operations Specialist in McLean, VA

Pros

Great place to work, where goals are clearly outlined and communicated in clearly defined manner. Fun atmosphere where creativity is encouraged.

Cons

Some of the internal systems are dated making them extremely difficult to use. There are inconsistencies with what all groups use, making comparisons challenging.

Advice to Management

Invest in one robust system for all internal needs that will allow multiple groups to communicate effectively and without second guessing data.

"Think Tank for Internet technologies"

Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Scientist in San Francisco, CA

Pros

My team and I write code that is executed on over a billion computers -- 98% of the world's internet-connected computers. No other company has a product that can boast this. We brought TV to the internet, and won a freakin' Emmy award for it. I feel extremely privileged and happy to be working at Adobe. My co-workers are geniuses, all as smart as the guys at Google.

Cons

Senior management is getting greedy and insecure, and it shows in some of their big decisions.

Advice to Management

Get your greed under control. Make decisions that will make us thrive in the long term, not so much in the short term. $1.8B was way too much for Omniture, and it was purchased out of a sense of insecurity. We should have bought On2, and we should buy Unity, ASAP. Also, we'd like free lunch in SF, if not every day, then every monday and wednesday or something :-)