Adobe Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated May 27, 2017
2,470 reviews

Full-time Part-time

2,470 Employee Reviews

Pros
  • The work life balance here is excellent though some teams ( especially those working on newer features) might have to spend a weekend or two here (in 427 reviews)

• Great benefits and work/life balance (in 195 reviews)

Cons

"Inside Sales at Adobe is a JOKE"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Executive in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adobe is the best company to work for in Utah, not even close. Comp package, benefits, employee stock plan and the #AdobeLife is elite. "I Don't Like it, I Love It," by Flo Rida and Robin Thicke wrote this jam about Adobe.

Cons

Only one problem: Inside Sales leadership. There are no leaders in management, though they have the titles, they cannot do their jobs because their leader appears to be dishonest, condesending and threatened his entire org during the most recent all-hands meeting, to not ask “career limiting questions,” regarding their quotas going up 40% to 125%. Any managers that challenge his ideas are pushed out. His pride is killing Inside Sales at Adobe.

Employees aren't heard, valued or respected. Twelve (12) from Inside Sales have left in the past month, but whats scarier is the amount of people actively looking. When it==the max exodus occurs they won’t care, but they won’t even see if coming because they think all is well in Zion. There are many more that will be gone by the Summer. Our leadership actually reached out to another local company that hired some of the Adobe employees, and demanded that company end existing interviews with all Adobe employees. The evdence is the emails that company sent to the interviewing Adobe employees. HR violation or not, that’s how this leadership behaves. They don’t listen and they think they can solve problems, but with no sales leaders in upper management they often misdiagnose the problem and the solutions just compound problems. This is not just a Lehi problem as two from San Jose left in the last two weeks. Our leadership will handpick specific people and situations and use that best case scenario as the typical example of how things should work every single time.

Leadership has raised quota 4 times mid-year in the last 22 months. Once you hit your number, they move the number back then brag about how they removed the cap that the last leader had. We miss that guy. After one such quota change they retroactively took money from an entire team of ADMs, totaling thousands per ADM. Retroactive folks! He has taken away entire revenue streams, not paid out spiffs, forced ADMs to compete against the field team and doesn’t provide cover over the top when we attempt to execute his plan against our field teams. We have “new quality standards” that are simply just busy work for him to report up some awesome new changes. All of this would be fine if we were being compensated properly to deal with his drama, but production has fallen off a cliff and he bragged that gives him more credibility as a leader. He may be delusional, narcissistic or just threatened by A+ players. I will admit, I’m not a doctor. I have heard comparisons to Lord Farquad, but I have not seen the movie Shrek, so I cannot comment. During our company Christmas party one of the white elephant gifts was rolls of toilet paper with his likeness custom printed on the ultrasoft. Many fought over that gift. During one exit interview he was called out on his threat to the org regarding “career limiting questions” and he denied ever making that comment. He forgot its recrded and that it was attended by nearly 150 people. It’s also cute that he personally posted a positive review of the great job he’s doing here at Adobe, lol. Now he has the other Inside Sales managers posting positive reviews on Glassdoor. Now you know you’re desperate…

Advice to Management

Focus on us and not the field sales team. Fix our org problems. Every new change is for the field and not your own org (TBP, Value Prompter, Auditor team). Just save face and fix our problems. We don’t need or want an apology because we don’t value public perception over production. With your Director title, you are accountable to fix it. No one is right all the time and we don’t hold it against you until you start lying and talking to us like we’re children. Don’t tell us that it’s a good thing that our quota doubled and then tell us we’re being recognized as a high performer when you give us a 20% quota raise tax on top of everyone else on our team. Stop using your fake smile. Its offensive when you smile like that as you end our careers at Adobe and then stop us from trying to leave on good terms. This is Ground Hog Day and Friday the 13th mixed together because when I finally die and the pain and horror is over, its starts all over again the very next day. I miss Pluralsight...

"Great company! Excellent people and culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

People are genuine and collaborative. People are focused on technology and innovation. Conducts a 4 day Tech Summit just for engineers. Great benefits and work/life balance.

Cons

SDLC processes can be more agile and efficient.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing.

3. "Solutions Architect"

Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Solutions Architect in New York, NY

I worked at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Great opportunities, colleagues and office space

Cons

Growth is slow and pay is not up to the mark

Advice to Management

Grow teams faster and find out new opportunities for the team

5. "Adobe Research Scientist"

Current Employee - Research Scientist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Research Scientist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

flexibility, vacation, culture, work space, friendly work force

Cons

base salary, restricted stocks, bonus

Advice to Management

increase total compensation for employees

6. "So much scope for creativity and problem solving"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adobe has a very relaxed management style. People are encouraged to be creative in how they solve problems, no matter what the role.

Cons

Like many large companies it can be hard connecting between departments.

"Inside sales org needs new leadership"

Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Account Development Manager in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Adobe is a great cook company to work for. It is unfortunate that the dark cloud of the inside sales organization overshadows all of the great benefits of a great organization. The people and direct managers are excellent to work with.

Cons

The upper management of inside sales seems like he's trying to force all of the talent to leave Adobe. I have been with the organization for over two years now and have seen a lot of talented people leave because of their lack of faith in his leadership abilities and organizational direction. I heard such great things about Adobe and the inside sales or prior to me coming and at first it was all true. Over the last year I have seen a complete turnaround in the organization and Moral across the sales team. I am looking for other positions within Adobe and outside of Adobe and most of the people that I speak with within the inside sales org are doing the same. I looked at Adobe as a place that I could retire at when first coming to Adobe. I can say for sure that that is not the case now.

Advice to Management

In my humble opinion something needs to happen quickly, If you do not want to lose the talented sales people within the inside sales organization that have worked so hard to see Adobe succeed.

8. "User Experience Designer"

Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - User Experience Designer in San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Products and work one can be very passionate about.

Cons

Long work hours, work from home is more of a con than a pro.

"Pretty on the outside, just a grind on the inside"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Good Salary & Benefits. US Company wide shutdown in July and Christmas

Cons

No independence or decision making for individual employees. Everything needs to be approved by a VP which can take a long time. Everything is tactical and high stress.

Advice to Management

Develop a strategy beyond hitting the quarterly revenue target

"Stay Away from Inside Sales"

Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lehi, UT
    Current Employee - Inside Sales Representative in Lehi, UT

I have been working at Adobe full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Adobe as a company is bar none. The benefits are great, the office building is great, the experience with corporate life is phenomenal.

Cons

The high-level management (director and above) in Inside Sales seems to care solely on their image, rather than their employees. Inside Sales org recently had changes that resulted in 70-150% increase in quota, unrealistic expectations on execution, and a downhill slope in morale.

Advice to Management

Listen to your people. Listen to their direct managers who are trying to be the voice of the team members who are doing the job, even if they may be low level. Take a step back and observe the changes from the team. Don't rely on high level management to be the only opinion on the floor.

11. "good"

Current Employee - SWE in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - SWE in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adobe (Less than a year)

Pros

everything was very good awesome

Cons

nothing was very bad at all

Showing 2,470 of 2,624 reviews