Adolescent Growth Admissions Reviews | Glassdoor

Adolescent Growth Admissions Reviews

Updated Oct 3, 2019

Found 8 reviews

4.1
  1. "Great people, reasonable salary"

Current Employee - Admissions Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Small company, intimate settings (CEO sitting with you in the same office, glass doors allow you to see the CEO and vice versa); 2. Receptive to Feedback (Even though I'm pretty new to my position, I've made several suggestions to the company and they took them very well.) 3. Equal opportunity environment and diverse workforce (I have Muslim, Christians, Atheist co-workers from at least 4 countries all sitting... under the same roof and being kind and nice to each other, love it!) 4. Clean and professional work environment (the office is on the 2nd floor of an office building, gorgeous interior designs, clean and cool). 5. Sincere and kind people (So far my impression on everyone in the office is that they are all very kind and nice, not to say that they are perfect, but I think their kindness is sincere and not fake.)--I think the people might be the most valuable assets of this company. 6. This is a growing company--which means that you will have opportunities to make a difference. However, if you just want to find a job and settle, you might as well find a larger firm and settle there. This company will help you to thrive if you are a self-starter, a leader, someone who is courageous and have an entrepreneur spirit. 7. Good surprises--since this is a small company, it has pleasant surprises for people here and there. For example, on my first day to work, I was invited to a super nice theater 2pm in the afternoon and watched Lion's King for free and was offered free drinks of my choice! After the movie, we were all sent back home to rest. That made my day.

Cons

1. Room temperature might be a little bit too low (this is the building manager's issue, though, not the company's issue)--still can't fix the AC, but I think it might be due to the fact that I'm female--all my previous male co-workers would think it's just right. (My previous company had the same struggles) I fixed this by adding on myself several layers of clothing...lol... 2. All the cons you might think of as a... small company... might apply here. 3. I will write more as I continue in my current position. I want to be honest with people who are out there looking for jobs: expect a reward, only if you put your efforts and hard work into your job, you will shine and be rewarded! (Gold will shine wherever it is!) I'm the type who works hard and expect to be paid afterwards, if they don't, I will let you know!

Advice to Management

I think I will write more in the future, as I'm still new to my position.

Adolescent Growth2019-08-29

"Worst Job I've Ever Had"

Former Employee - Admissions Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I worked at Adolescent Growth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Might have helped some people. Worried that that's not the case.

Cons

The parent company is called Growth Management, so I wasn't able to see company reviews before accepting the job, but if I had I would have thought, "It can't be that bad, right?" It is. Don't work here. I've never had a worse job. Management is dishonest and seem more interested in money than helping people. I felt worse and worse working here and less and less sure that we were actually helping people in the... long run. Management even requested that I leave a positive review here on Glass Door. I almost did at the time, but I forgot. I was happy at first and thought the company was great, so I'm glad I didn't. I think that's why there are so many positive reviews. I don't mind an employer requesting employees to leave a review on Glass Door, but pressuring an employee to leave a POSITIVE review on Glass Door seems unethical. Ultimately, my biggest problem is that management (the Lewises) don't care about the clients, just money.

Adolescent Growth2019-10-03

"Professional and caring work environment"

Current Contractor - Admissions

I have been working at Adolescent Growth for more than 8 years

Pros

Everybody truly cares about the clients and have mutual respect for each other. Growing and expanding nationwide after being established in California market for 12 years.

Cons

Commute and LA traffic take time

Advice to Management

Thank you for sharing all your experience and knowledge with your staff and clients. I truly appreciate the dedication to those who suffer from Mental Illness and Substance Abuse.

Adolescent Growth2017-12-12
  4. "Trustworthy Compassionate Care at Adolescent Growth"

Current Employee - Admissions Specialist in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

As a employee of Adolescent Growth, it is apparent that all staff is genuine concern for well-being of clients, extensive training, overtime always available, general positive work environment. The treatment team is very helpful.

Cons

I can't think of any at this time.

Advice to Management

Continue treating adolescents and their families. I would not change a thing. Keep up the good work.

Adolescent Growth2016-03-03

"Adolescent Growth - A wellness journey for teens."

Current Employee - Admissions in Commerce, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great office culture, wonderful staff, informative admissions team, great employers and well maintained facilities. Definite personal-growth possibilities with the company.

Cons

Lengthy period of time before receiving benefits.

Advice to Management

Continue being the great people you are! :)

Adolescent Growth2014-07-25

"Positive Impact In The Lives Of Young Individuals, Adolescent Growth"

Current Employee - Admissions Specialist in Commerce, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great Co- workers.& staff. Most of our staff is young & up beat. Environment is that similar as a team! Being an athlete all my life this is home to me. Its a true pleasure to work with such bright intelligent individuals. As a team, we have one goal in common... Mission Accomplishment, That mission is... To excel at the delivery of quality adolescent healthcare.

Cons

We do not have our own fitness center/ facilities for our clients & staff as of yet.

Advice to Management

Amount of time to receive benefits, is a considerable factor.

Adolescent Growth2014-07-28

"What's not to love about a job where you feel appreciated and you know you are making a difference."

Current Employee - Admissions Manager in Commerce, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

All the employees understand that this job gives us the opportunity to positively affect the lives of young people. The work atmosphere is very upbeat.

Cons

This job can be emotionally draining, often times families are calling in during a time of crisis. It is hard sometimes not to let the distress they are feeling not affect you.

Advice to Management

More interaction between the departments to boost moral..... Although I feel moral is very high already

Adolescent Growth2014-07-25

"I LOVE MY JOB"

Current Employee - Admission Specialist in Commerce, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

I definitely agree with everything that this company stands for. It feels at home, coming to work. Everyone that I work with and have met are sweethearts :)

Cons

none....nothing.... I'm happy with this company

Advice to Management

You guys do a amazing job

Adolescent Growth2013-12-31