Adolescent Growth Reviews | Glassdoor

Adolescent Growth Reviews

Updated Oct 5, 2019

2.9
  1. "Great people, reasonable salary"

Current Employee - Admissions Specialist in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

1. Small company, intimate settings (CEO sitting with you in the same office, glass doors allow you to see the CEO and vice versa); 2. Receptive to Feedback (Even though I'm pretty new to my position, I've made several suggestions to the company and they took them very well.) 3. Equal opportunity environment and diverse workforce (I have Muslim, Christians, Atheist co-workers from at least 4 countries all sitting... under the same roof and being kind and nice to each other, love it!) 4. Clean and professional work environment (the office is on the 2nd floor of an office building, gorgeous interior designs, clean and cool). 5. Sincere and kind people (So far my impression on everyone in the office is that they are all very kind and nice, not to say that they are perfect, but I think their kindness is sincere and not fake.)--I think the people might be the most valuable assets of this company. 6. This is a growing company--which means that you will have opportunities to make a difference. However, if you just want to find a job and settle, you might as well find a larger firm and settle there. This company will help you to thrive if you are a self-starter, a leader, someone who is courageous and have an entrepreneur spirit. 7. Good surprises--since this is a small company, it has pleasant surprises for people here and there. For example, on my first day to work, I was invited to a super nice theater 2pm in the afternoon and watched Lion's King for free and was offered free drinks of my choice! After the movie, we were all sent back home to rest. That made my day.

Cons

1. Room temperature might be a little bit too low (this is the building manager's issue, though, not the company's issue)--still can't fix the AC, but I think it might be due to the fact that I'm female--all my previous male co-workers would think it's just right. (My previous company had the same struggles) I fixed this by adding on myself several layers of clothing...lol... 2. All the cons you might think of as a... small company... might apply here. 3. I will write more as I continue in my current position. I want to be honest with people who are out there looking for jobs: expect a reward, only if you put your efforts and hard work into your job, you will shine and be rewarded! (Gold will shine wherever it is!) I'm the type who works hard and expect to be paid afterwards, if they don't, I will let you know!

Advice to Management

I think I will write more in the future, as I'm still new to my position.

Adolescent Growth2019-08-29

"It's Been Good Working for This Company"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

I like that it's near my house. Everyone's been very welcoming and my department has great team work - we all work well together. I really like my co workers.

Cons

Cant think of anything right now.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-18

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

Great team workers and very nice people to work with; work and life balance

Cons

Employees turnover is a bit high.

Advice to Management

Have meeting with facility workers once a week

Adolescent Growth2018-10-11

"A Great Place To Work"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

I like the people that I work with - it’s a very positive and uplifting environment. I feel very supported here and everyone is working towards the same goal of helping people.

Cons

It’s all good at this work place.

Advice to Management

We feel appreciated - thank you for all you do!

Adolescent Growth2018-10-10

"Program Manager"

Current Employee - Program Manager in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Adolescent Growth is client and care driven. We put our clients first and it is a team effort. Upper management is super supportive and open to new ideas. The company is dynamic and growing and the owners are dynamic and positive. Employees matter. I love the work environment, my colleagues, upper management and most of all the clients we help.

Cons

Can't think of any at the moment

Advice to Management

Continue to emphasize empathy and compassion for our clients who are young and struggling w multiple issues

Adolescent Growth2018-10-07

"Great working environment"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

I like working for Adolescent Growth because of the communication between departments. It's a very friendly comfortable atmosphere but still very professional. The owners have very high energy and promote teamwork. Rima the admissions manager is amazing too!

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Always remember who we do it for.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-04

"Review"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth Adolescents and Growth Extended not only allows for the clients to grow, but for every staff member to grow as well. It's definitely not always easy and fun, but that's where the growth happens. I've learned how to motivate and push myself during stressful situations, which has helped me professionally. In the end, the work we do is not about us, but about our clients. That's one thing I love about my job... is that the owners and staff that have the same mentality of being client focused.

Cons

The work can be exhausting at times.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

Adolescent Growth2018-10-03

"Great team of honest professionals working hard to make a difference."

I have been working at Adolescent Growth

Pros

I have worked for this organization for nearly 7 years. I have grown as a professional and as an individual. I have been treated respectfully and honorably. In turn, I have had the opportunity to work with the very best therapists, psychiatrists, medical assistants, client care specialists; across the country. I have always been listened to and my thoughts and ideas have always been considered and welcomed. I have... been given opportunities to gain knowledge, advance my education, and further my career in the field of mental health and addiction. I have witnessed talented, young interns grow and blossom into licensed clinicians. My co-workers are like my second family. The environment can be very intense as we heal hurting families who come to us for help in all areas of their life. We answer the call every time. The admissions department, quality assurance department, accounting department, human resources department, utilization review department, our clinical teams, dietitians, floor staff, culinary staff, and outreach coordinators are top notch. The work culture allows for everyone to have the opportunity to collaborate and branch out in our organization. Our entire organization works hard each and every day to help the most vulnerable humans gain their lives back and enter recovery in a very challenging society. I feel fortunate to have a great job and I have been given the tools to be successful. My work ethic and my core values are in alignment with this organization. Working alongside the owners has shown me what it means to be a worker amount workers.

Cons

It’s hard work. It may not be the ideal job for someone who is not able to fully commit to the clients and their families.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are admired and appreciated by your employees and the community.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-02

"God saved my best job for last"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

Encouraging work environment. Positive reinforcement throughout management. Diverse opportunities. Room for growth and development.

Cons

Can’t think of one.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you’re doing.

Adolescent Growth2018-09-28

"Program Managers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

great corporate support, great co-workers, and great work environment

Cons

No Cons that I can think of

Adolescent Growth2018-09-27