Adolescent Growth Reviews | Glassdoor

Adolescent Growth Reviews

Updated Oct 5, 2019

2.9

"Great team of honest professionals working hard to make a difference."

I have been working at Adolescent Growth

Pros

I have worked for this organization for nearly 7 years. I have grown as a professional and as an individual. I have been treated respectfully and honorably. In turn, I have had the opportunity to work with the very best therapists, psychiatrists, medical assistants, client care specialists; across the country. I have always been listened to and my thoughts and ideas have always been considered and welcomed. I have... been given opportunities to gain knowledge, advance my education, and further my career in the field of mental health and addiction. I have witnessed talented, young interns grow and blossom into licensed clinicians. My co-workers are like my second family. The environment can be very intense as we heal hurting families who come to us for help in all areas of their life. We answer the call every time. The admissions department, quality assurance department, accounting department, human resources department, utilization review department, our clinical teams, dietitians, floor staff, culinary staff, and outreach coordinators are top notch. The work culture allows for everyone to have the opportunity to collaborate and branch out in our organization. Our entire organization works hard each and every day to help the most vulnerable humans gain their lives back and enter recovery in a very challenging society. I feel fortunate to have a great job and I have been given the tools to be successful. My work ethic and my core values are in alignment with this organization. Working alongside the owners has shown me what it means to be a worker amount workers.

Cons

It’s hard work. It may not be the ideal job for someone who is not able to fully commit to the clients and their families.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are admired and appreciated by your employees and the community.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-02

"Anonymous"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

Great team workers and very nice people to work with; work and life balance

Cons

Employees turnover is a bit high.

Advice to Management

Have meeting with facility workers once a week

Adolescent Growth2018-10-11

"Great working environment"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

I like working for Adolescent Growth because of the communication between departments. It's a very friendly comfortable atmosphere but still very professional. The owners have very high energy and promote teamwork. Rima the admissions manager is amazing too!

Cons

Nothing I can think of.

Advice to Management

Always remember who we do it for.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-04

"Review"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Growth Adolescents and Growth Extended not only allows for the clients to grow, but for every staff member to grow as well. It's definitely not always easy and fun, but that's where the growth happens. I've learned how to motivate and push myself during stressful situations, which has helped me professionally. In the end, the work we do is not about us, but about our clients. That's one thing I love about my job... is that the owners and staff that have the same mentality of being client focused.

Cons

The work can be exhausting at times.

Advice to Management

Thank you!

Adolescent Growth2018-10-03

"God saved my best job for last"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time

Pros

Encouraging work environment. Positive reinforcement throughout management. Diverse opportunities. Room for growth and development.

Cons

Can’t think of one.

Advice to Management

Just keep doing what you’re doing.

Adolescent Growth2018-09-28

"The clients are the best!"

Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Lombard, IL

I worked at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

You can learn something new every day , it’s about helping others and making a difference ! You can be a positive impact in the life of the adolescents!

Cons

The micromanaging ! But the local managers and the therapists really care and are trying their best in helping the clients!!

Advice to Management

Trust the hard working people!!! Add more PTO!

Adolescent Growth2018-10-03

"Program Managers"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

great corporate support, great co-workers, and great work environment

Cons

No Cons that I can think of

Adolescent Growth2018-09-27

"Severe Burnout"

Former Employee - Client Care Specialist in Sherman Oaks, CA

I worked at Adolescent Growth part-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly coworkers, great kids, and supportive team

Cons

The upper management was atrocious. Made us do unethical things like taking pictures on cell phones of clients, wildly underpaid, had an insecure EHR, either over or underworked client care specialist staff. Suddenly having to cover staff that call out sick. shifts were either 12 hours, or 6 hours...

Advice to Management

make three different types of shifts: AM (6am-2pm), PM (2pm-10pm) and NOC (10pm-6am). Additionally have Part time and on call employee roles. That way, regular staff won't be forced to cover if they can't.

Adolescent Growth2018-09-20

"Run far far away from working here"

Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

With help from the therapists and floor staff the children get better.

Cons

Management is horrible! They are greedy and unethical. There is zero work/life balance and the benefits are garbage and don’t meet industry standard. These 5 star reviews are all written by management to try to up their rating. Don’t be fooled and don’t work here.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. You are corrupt and greedy people. These employees, children and families deserve so much better.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-08

"Appreciation"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upper management shows an enormous amount of appreciation to staff and welcomes all to embrace the open door policy. I really like how corporate always asks if we need support, and doesn't make us feel like we are on our own. There's a tremendous amount of dedication that goes into running a company. Everyone's dedication from the Program Managers to the Floor staff is telling of a really good program.

Cons

I think in any situation, the real con would be not following the rules, not asking for help, or loosing your joy. In any case, those who want to work here should always remember that it's not just about you, its about an entire team that is willing to make a difference everyday, in someones life that needs us.

Advice to Management

There are many leaves that fall off the branches, but no matter the season, the tree still stands.

Adolescent Growth2018-08-28