Adolescent Growth "floor staff" Reviews | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

Adolescent Growth Employee Reviews about "floor staff"

Updated Oct 5, 2019

2.9
Pros
  • "I like working for Adolescent Growth because of the communication between departments(in 7 reviews)

• "Everyone's dedication from the Program Managers to the Floor staff is telling of a really good program(in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • "They(Upper Management will deceive you(in 10 reviews)

• "This was an impossible task and with no training to speak of(in 8 reviews)

Reviews about "floor staff"

Return to all Reviews

"Great team of honest professionals working hard to make a difference."

I have been working at Adolescent Growth

Pros

I have worked for this organization for nearly 7 years. I have grown as a professional and as an individual. I have been treated respectfully and honorably. In turn, I have had the opportunity to work with the very best therapists, psychiatrists, medical assistants, client care specialists; across the country. I have always been listened to and my thoughts and ideas have always been considered and welcomed. I have... been given opportunities to gain knowledge, advance my education, and further my career in the field of mental health and addiction. I have witnessed talented, young interns grow and blossom into licensed clinicians. My co-workers are like my second family. The environment can be very intense as we heal hurting families who come to us for help in all areas of their life. We answer the call every time. The admissions department, quality assurance department, accounting department, human resources department, utilization review department, our clinical teams, dietitians, floor staff, culinary staff, and outreach coordinators are top notch. The work culture allows for everyone to have the opportunity to collaborate and branch out in our organization. Our entire organization works hard each and every day to help the most vulnerable humans gain their lives back and enter recovery in a very challenging society. I feel fortunate to have a great job and I have been given the tools to be successful. My work ethic and my core values are in alignment with this organization. Working alongside the owners has shown me what it means to be a worker amount workers.

Cons

It’s hard work. It may not be the ideal job for someone who is not able to fully commit to the clients and their families.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work. You are admired and appreciated by your employees and the community.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-02

"Run far far away from working here"

Former Employee - Therapist

I worked at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

With help from the therapists and floor staff the children get better.

Cons

Management is horrible! They are greedy and unethical. There is zero work/life balance and the benefits are garbage and don’t meet industry standard. These 5 star reviews are all written by management to try to up their rating. Don’t be fooled and don’t work here.

Advice to Management

Close your doors. You are corrupt and greedy people. These employees, children and families deserve so much better.

Adolescent Growth2018-10-08

"Appreciation"

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

Upper management shows an enormous amount of appreciation to staff and welcomes all to embrace the open door policy. I really like how corporate always asks if we need support, and doesn't make us feel like we are on our own. There's a tremendous amount of dedication that goes into running a company. Everyone's dedication from the Program Managers to the Floor staff is telling of a really good program.

Cons

I think in any situation, the real con would be not following the rules, not asking for help, or loosing your joy. In any case, those who want to work here should always remember that it's not just about you, its about an entire team that is willing to make a difference everyday, in someones life that needs us.

Advice to Management

There are many leaves that fall off the branches, but no matter the season, the tree still stands.

Adolescent Growth2018-08-28

"I don't want to pile on but, this is not good"

Former Employee - Floor

I worked at Adolescent Growth part-time for more than 10 years

Pros

There is not much to say that hasn't been said already. This company has potential, but the owners creates a lot of conflict which makes you wonder what type of people would self sabotage they own business. It wasn't that bad working for the managers that were there because they at least knew about this field and brought stability to the place. With the right corporate office and owners this place could have really... grown. Every place you work has problems and there are conflicts and different views on how to do things, but this place wen t downhill fast because the owners never put anyone in the best position to really do their jobs and manipulated frustrations that came from the top down to pit employees against each other. I enjoyed the managers and some of the old employees at corprate office for different reasons and so did other employees. We watched them spend a LOT of their own money to make sure the clients who were paying a lot of money, didnt get cheated on food, games, crafts. I never heard of any division until recently and so that really says they tried to hold it together. Now after the one mamager left every thing fell apart. The other manager, all four therapist and any floor staff that didnt leave a lot of them were pushed out by owners. really good people. I wish that all of the former employees even the ones that were there before the managers were still around because this place could be nice, but the owner will never accept that they have simply made poor decisions. I will say is just look at what you have left behind to manage your facility now. People who only ever cared about theirselfs and who no one ever really trusted or got long with..

Cons

Not even worth restating ALL of the issues that people already talked about.

Advice to Management

Hope the next time you find good employees you don't run them away or turn everyone against each other. Its sad because you really don't realize how much everybody that is no longer there did for those clients and your company in spite of your nonsense.I honestly have never missed colleagues but I think about the people there all the time.

Adolescent Growth2017-12-07

"Horrible management"

Current Employee - Floor Staff in Sherman Oaks, CA

I have been working at Adolescent Growth full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great floor staff. Work with kids.

Cons

Greedy, inexperienced owners lead to dangerous work environment for clients. Lack of food and safety, unclean environment.

Adolescent Growth2017-10-11

"Some potential"

Former Employee - Ccs

I worked at Adolescent Growth full-time for less than a year

Pros

SOME nice co workers, rewarding work, a knowledgeable clinical manager that is great with kids and families. He is also good with employees, especially since he is the one that has to manage all the drama from the site and the crazies at corporate...a real professional. A nice house, good therapy, good staff, generally a good idea. The therapist meet with clinical manager all the time, but program manager doesn't... really train floor staff and has bad boundaries.

Cons

Micromanagement at corporate, late checks, nice house that is falling apart, ethical issues, no training, questionable business practices with families (they tell us everything), inconsistent rules and expectations, not exactly cutting edge treatment , though its good.

Advice to Management

Make better decisions! Use the employees in the way their talent can really help. Supervise and train floor staff. Find a better fit for the clinical manager, his talent and ideas are being wasted at the site. Get a mentor for the program manager because of the drama she can sometimes create. Update your approach for 2017 there are a lot of things that this program is way behind on like art therapy the kids always... ask about. There are other programs that are going to take your model and make better because you don't make good decisions. You will never solve your turnover problem with crazy from the top down, poor wages, a nasty team at your corporate office, late checks, late responses to issues, and the list goes on and on. Everyone knows you lost a good floor lead and a academic coordinator within a month. You cannot afford to lose any more good employees.

Adolescent Growth2017-07-11

"One of my working experiences.."

I worked at Adolescent Growth

Pros

The floor staff, LVN, and clinical staff are incredible. They are the only reason this place works, they put their hearts into what they do for these kids.

Cons

Upper management is an absolute nightmare. They will continue to shame you and make you feel inadequate at what you do. I witnessed multiple staff members cry while a work due to their cruel treatment. They over work their staff in pretty terrible conditions. They mercilessly continue to bill insurance even when the kids no longer need to be in treatment, and they do not put any of that money back into the company.... One example is that they do not order adequate amount of food per ratio of clients, the kids even complain to their families that there is never enough food. Staff will buy food/supplies for the kids out of their own pockets because they care... the same cannot be said about the owners of this company! Be prepared to repeatedly be written up on false charges that HR blows out of proportion. They are covering themselves because probably so many employees have sued them. They will do anything in their power to make you look like the bad guy so you have no chance of winning a case against them. Turn over rate in employees is VERY high. Most do not leave on good terms. Working in this environment was very stressful. Most of the stress was directly added by management.

Advice to Management

Develop empathy for staff and clients.

Adolescent Growth2015-08-17