Adolfson & Peterson Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

4.4
Jeffrey J. Hansen

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Work hard, have fun!"

Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Human Resources Business Partner in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

People are great, there i a lot of activity and it is never boring. Spirit of entrepreneurship and growth! A family owned business with a family atmosphere.

Cons

Sometimes still operates as a small company and there can be a lack of consistency and collaboration across the business

2. "Change is Good!"

Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Project Manager in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Progress moving forward as a company.
    Positive changes in leadership EVERYWHERE!
    Great to see optimistic influences from everyone in the company.

Cons

Training (I know not overly unique!)

Advice to Management

Increase communication, helps me see the vision and be part of it.

3. "Mediocre at Best"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Aurora, CO

I worked at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice people. Busy work and a lot of hands on. Great culture with the exception of a few areas that need to be improved upon. Benefits are amazing!!

Cons

Like to hire new employees rather than promote existing. And also task employees above their pay level but not change their title or pay. Good way to lose people who have been hard working and done everything and then some that was asked of them.

Advice to Management

Management or rather higher levels of management need to learn manners as well as etiquette when speaking to others. Do not speak down to others as if you know everything.

4. "Putting goals into action"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Many companies say they care about their employees, but AP really puts that caring into action in a way that most companies don't. Their culture is based on safety, family, productivity and fun -- they make sure that you can find an appropriate work/life balance and get home to your family safely at the end of each day and they actively take steps each day to make the office and the field an enjoyable place to be.

Cons

None that I've experienced.

5. "Awesome Company"

Current Employee - Leaderhip in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Leaderhip in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Family culture, deep care and concern for the safety and well-being of all employees and their families, honest, ethical, transparent business model, promote and support community service.

Cons

Nothing that I can think of.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing!

6. "Was looking for the next step in my career and I found it at AP Colorado..."

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

If culture, teamwork, and being apart of something significant is what you're looking for, AP is the place for you. I was looking for something new and worthwhile, and after searching for months I lucked out when an opportunity at AP fell into my lap. The people here care about each other and the work they do, and you always feel that you're welcome and your input matters. A good way to judge a workplace is to look at the leadership team that is in place, because most often these individuals have worked their way up to get to where they are. At AP Colorado, the Leadership Team is leaps and bounds ahead of those at my past employers. These individuals are genuine, they lead by example, and they are easy to approach. That is exactly the type of leadership you need in a large organization.

Quality of life, compensation, and benefits are all very fair at AP.

Cons

Some other reviewers spoke to outdated process' but since I'm relatively new I've only experienced the upswing in using technology to it's fullest. It feels like the company is pushing hard to ditch the old and embrace the new. I say keep going and don't be afraid to implement new strategies and ways of doing business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. You make people feel welcome and you lead by example. AP Colorado has high quality and high character individuals leading it's teams.

7. "Rare Culture"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

This company has worked hard to maintain it's foundation of family culture, and it shows. AP has grown to be large enough to compete with the "big boys" but still feels like a family run company where everyone matters. You never feel like a number here. I see the company working hard to make positive changes and to be an industry leader in the things that matter: customer service, quality and process. It feels good to be apart of a company that make such an impact.

Cons

AP is doing better at standardizing processes to increase efficiencies, but there is still room for improvement. In this office, we are behind the curve on some technology but that is being addressed as well.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work! We are headed for great things.

8. "Company review"

Current Employee - Senior Supt in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - Senior Supt in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

The people and the culture; people work hard and are willing to help when others need it.
    Managers are willing to let others take the credit for the good things/accomplishments its not all about them.

Cons

There are times when it is hard to plan Vacation because our work load flexes so much but this is an industry problem more then a company problem.

9. "Exceeded My Expectations"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tempe, AZ

I have been working at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great team of people here in the office! Lots of laughing, fun office environment, professional, many team events throughout the year, great benefits/perks, compensation is excellent, work-life balance, family orientated. The IT team is out of state but very easy to get a hold of and very helpful. I'm thankful I have landed at this company!

Cons

Great benefits but they only offer one plan of each thing.

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

10. "Project Engineer"

Former Employee - Project Engineer in Aurora, CO

I worked at Adolfson & Peterson full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Rapid growth - great for seeking challenges and varying project scopes/types

Cons

Rushed completion dates prevent actual completion. Punch lists drag on because work isn't 100% finished when tenants occupy buildings
    OJT needs to be supplemented with mentorship
    Pay is imbalanced with workload at lower levels
    To be "successful" you have to devote your life to the project

Advice to Management

Revisit the original values of the company. As growth continues to explode, it's too easy to focus just on the "bottom line." Look at WHY the founders did what they did, and identify where the split happened between then and now. Get the values back, and work toward the vision, not just the profit. Figure out where people's strengths lie instead of just pushing them do do more/better.