Adtalem Global Education Reviews

Updated Jul 28, 2020

3.6
Adtalem Global Education President Lisa Warner Wardell
Lisa Warner Wardell
Pros
  • "Not only do I feel supported in my career, but I feel that the organization cares about colleague's maintaining a good work/life balance(in 18 reviews)

• "You have flexibility to work from home in most positions(in 16 reviews)

Cons
  • "Upper management turns a blind eye to middle management(in 7 reviews)

• "Adtalem institutions take students nobody else will take and then charge them incredibly high tuition so they have huge student loans(in 5 reviews)

1. "Great organization!"

Current Employee - Senior Manager in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Culture, diversity, flexibility, social impact, care, career opportunities, etc.

Cons

The organization is great, maybe working more with "analytics" should drive us to the next stage.

2. "Toxic Environment and Culture"

2.0
    Former Employee - Human Resources Representative in Downers Grove, IL

I worked at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good work Life Balance and PTO policy.

Cons

Upper management turns a blind eye to middle management. Immature managers and their stunted knowledge of actual HR information created less opportunities to grow and evolve in your career. Cattiness and politics generated a work environment that was centered on sucking up to upper management/execs instead of being good at your job. It was unfortunate that a great team disintegrated under terrible management.

Continue reading

3. "Company with too much politics"

2.0
    Former Employee - Solutions Manager in Oak Brook, IL

I worked at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Flexible timings and remote work available if you need it.

Cons

There is too much politics and too much churn rate of the employees. There are more directors and as such too many decision makers than team members to actually finish the tasks on hand.

4. "Great Employer"

Current Employee - Talent Acquisition Consultant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great company culture; flexible/remote work opportunities; great benefits

Cons

While there are many advancement opportunities for some employees, this is not the case for all employees.

5. COVID-19

"Leaders Focus on Growth and Development"

Current Employee - Human Resources in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I have had a very positive experience so far. My leaders over the years have helped me develop my skills and grow in my career. With hard work, patience and a little resilience I have had opportunities to work on a variety of projects and stretch assignments . Additionally, during this Coronavirus Pandemic, leaders have been so understanding, helpful and allowed employees to work from home. I felt that the organize was somewhat prepared and have done a great job communicating to colleagues about updates, work from home expectations/tips and even some funny communications about working with kids/family at home. Their response shows that they truly care.

Cons

Over the past several years, there has been a lot of changes! I think the changes are for the best and that we are heading in the right direction but some of them were not well organized/planned. At times I feel like we are a little too reactive and need to be more proactive. Some employees and departments don't have the sense of urgency that is needed in today's workforce.

6. "Great Opportunity!"

Current Employee - HRIS Analyst in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Adtalem Global Education full-time for less than a year

Pros

An innovative company utilizing new technology Fair pay Good benefits and PTO policy Great culture Most positions have the option for working remotely Career advancement opportunities Global Company

Cons

No cons at this time

"Good company to work for"

4.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Remote work, tight knit community, strong focus on student satisfaction and colleague engagement

Cons

Low pay, lack of advancement opportunities

8. "Strategic Sourcer with forward thinking ideas"

Current Employee - Senior Sourcing Consultant in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Involved with projects to build our employee brand.

Cons

Still working on ways to bring more candidates to our career site.

Continue reading
  9. "The statements below are correct"

1.0
    Current Employee - Manager in Downers Grove, IL

I have been working at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Nice people that truly care but are not employing the right .leaders

Cons

We recently sent a plane to rescue our students and bring them back to the US. Why so late.? You put our students and faculty at risk. In speaking to other Safety leaders of other companies in Chicagoland, they took these actions with their employees in February. The Security leaders flew down and out with the plane but was not caring at all. The students and others came back and mentioned how terrible their safety conditions were on the island and how their calls to the security and safety teams on the island and Downers Grove were ignored. Pretty App but useless when the people at the other end have no clue or concern. They have been bragging about going down. Political grand standing! I work here but would never want my kids to attend classes at our campuses because of the poor safety and security of our teams.

Continue reading

"Good company to start with"

4.0
    Former Employee - Programmer Analyst

I worked at Adtalem Global Education full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good hours and decent deadlines on projects

Cons

There were constant rounds of layoffs

Found 130 reviews