Adtaxi Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.3
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Digital Marketing Strategist"

Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I use to work for another division of Adtaxi from 2008-2013, right out of college, I left to try something new, but discovered I was missing what I was passionate about and the company I use to work for. So, I came back to Adtaxi in Feb 2017 and I am so thankful for the opportunity. My current role provides me with the opportunity to be creative, to work with businesses I am passionate about, and offers flexibility for a working Mama. As a women in business I feel I am treated equally and my management team is always open to listen to my ideas and suggestions. I love the collaboration and teamwork and the positive work environment. My team members enjoy what they do and it shows. I am excited to be part of a growing company. A MAJOR pro from a business standpoint which I found out after leaving was that I was spoiled with the solutions we are able to offer our clients. We aren't selling a couple products or cookie cutter strategies, we are providing clients with a custom digital marketing plan with the platforms specific to their need. I've been in the industry for almost 10 years and this is a company you want to know (or work for).

Cons

The health benefits could be a little better, but they still provide a full benefit package, so that's a plus.

Advice to Management

Keep the positive momentum going!

2. "You're just a number on a spreadsheet."

Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive
    Current Employee - Digital Sales Executive

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

AdTaxi does have some world class products and technology in programmatic, digital, search, social, etc... But don't EVER expect them to be transparent with you or the client on how those products actually work. If you're looking to have an opportunity to sell something new and different every six months and add another tool to your toolbox, there certainly isn't a lack of that. But you're basically on your own to pave your own way...learn the nuance of the products you sell. Training isn't anything to call home about...because all the trainers have left the building.

Cons

Antiquated culture, driven by old newspaper mentalities. Completely reactionary to market conditions and competition. No forward thinking people in management roles. Work life balance is a challenge after a couple years because the expectation to grow 30%+ year over year with minimal support is a reality. Expectations are high 100% of the time and management's memory is short. Example...make 11 monthly goals in a row and miss the 12th and you get the "what have you done for us lately" attitude.

Upward growth is non-existent. All of the mid-level managers fight tooth and nail for position and aren't afraid to throw anyone from their team to the wolves to advance position or favor. Finally, most of the newspaper institutions that AdTaxi is tethered to have thinned their workforce to the point that there's basically skeleton crews in place across all departments. Expect to wear as many hats as they give you.

Advice to Management

Solicit employee feedback occasionally. You have some smart people working for you.

3. "Sales"

Current Employee - Sales in South San Francisco, CA
    Current Employee - Sales in South San Francisco, CA

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

flexible hours, decent base, nice co workers. They provide nice equipment and have a lot of partnerships with major ad platforms and tech companies to give you a lot to work with in terms of products.

Cons

fee structure is atrocious and very telling of their overall value or lack thereof. utterly no transparency. they will promise you advancement and the ability to create a path for yourself, but you soon realize that is because the guy in charge is in the process of creating a path for himself in the form of a new product and company your revenue is helping build, but they aren't transparent about. You get hired, make numbers, and realize once it's too late all your hard work is going to fall by the wayside because it will be utilized to create a CEO position for someone lying to the entire company about their purpose for being there. No one in upper management cares to correct longstanding retention issues because they don't intend to stay.

Advice to Management

get rid of anyone that cant transparently discuss their 1 year plan. if they can't be transparent and articulate with actual numbers how they achieved their actual numbers , it's because they aren't honest.

this could be an amazing company if not for a few bad eggs that make the culture toxic to anyone that wants to sell and play by the rules.

Adtaxi Response

Nov 3, 2017

Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate hearing from our employees on what we're doing well and how we can improve. We understand the importance of transparency around career advancement... More

"Great Stepping Stone Into The Digital Marketing World"

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time

Pros

- Learn the digital marketing landscape and new technologies
    - Location & secure building
    - Work from home 2x/mo
    - Friendly people & hard workers
    - Peer to peer recognition rewards program
    - Computer provided
    - Work out facility in building
    - Monthly chair massages
    - Snacks
    - Verbal praise

Cons

- No raises unless promoted
    - Growth opportunities rare
    - no 401k match
    - Poor company culture
    - Consensus of co-workers is that they do not feel valued by the company
    - Upper management discusses employee's personal issues with others on the team
    - Parking garage costs $140/mo
    - Digital teams work separate - not clear how digital channels work together
    - Overpromise and underdeliver
    - Revolving door of employees

"Great company and leadership"

Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - National Sales Executive in Boston, MA

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time (More than a year)

Pros

You're given a ton of training the minute you're hired, it's in your best interest to retain as much information as you can. Resources that are up to you to utilize (If you don't, you'll lose in the field), a product that you can use with all verticals, case studies, market researchers, close relationships with Google & Facebook. You have the ability to sale huge campaigns to large companies, National Brands, Auto, Education and much more.

Cons

The biggest con I have is the benefits and retirement plan. With the growth within DFM, there should be more push on better health coverage and retirement plans for employees. Not only does this help assist in the quality of life of your employees, it allows for us to plans our lives around the growth of Adtaxi, too. Once this changes, I can say you have a life long employee, no doubt.

Advice to Management

Keep harmonizing across different platforms, keep working together in a team effort, helping in struggling markets, and keep innovating new products and procedures giving us more chances to win. So far, it's been a great experience with management and the executives I've engaged with.

Adtaxi Response

Jul 28, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We appreciate
    your input and are happy to hear you’re enjoying your experience
    with Adtaxi. I will pass along your feedback regarding benefits and... More

"Adtaxi: Too Much Smoke"

Former Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Digital Marketing Strategist in San Jose, CA

I worked at Adtaxi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I had the privilege of working with some good people who collaborated with me in achieving our marketing strategies. They have some good partnerships with the likes of Google and Facebook

Cons

The company is still unknown and hardly does any brand marketing. In a saturated digital marketing place, the company has no traction or legacy. The sales goals are aggressive and unrealistic- the leads never came to fruition from your partners from the print side (Bay Area News Group).

Advice to Management

Be patient with your hirings-it is a long-term investment, not a short-term investment. Don't be in the business of attrition and losing folks-it is never a good experience for the client. It takes a long time to build a book of business especially when targeting bigger marketing transactions. It seems like the management expects wonders in the trenches when they have no idea with the challenges facing sales cycles-it may take months before you close on the bigger transactions. You cannot expect folks to meet those target goals solely on solo leads. They need to fix their expectations and understand the dynamics of the local market. You are not the only fish in the market. It is very hard to find passionate professionals who are willing to learn and educate businesses about what they should do.

"Need to work hard."

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time

Pros

Great products for online marketing.

Cons

Very little training and need better managers.

Advice to Management

More training.

"Loved it"

Pros

Great people and environemnt

Cons

None, loved everything about this company

Advice to Management

great team and they help you out a lot

"Hit growth ceiling after year 2"

I worked at Adtaxi full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Most hires were incredibly knowledgeable and eager to assist the team. It was a pleasure to learn and grow together. Gained great experience for future endeavors.

Cons

Appreciate the time original management invested in their team. The effort was noticeable and encouraging. Current upper management lacks the skills to keep their team motivated. Glad I got out before I gave this place a lower review.

Advice to Management

Management has been made aware of issues. Listen to them and take action

"Happy to be here"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

+Great interviewing experience
    +My recruiter had my best interests
    +Solid role play
    +Ping pong table is a great break during the day

Cons

-None of the perks that one might come to expect from Silicon Valley companies
    -Culture is way behind but SVP in digital is making improvements

Advice to Management

Get more competitive with the Bay Area's benefits and perks to employees