Adtaxi Reviews

Updated May 19, 2020

3.2
Pros
  • "Pay is competitive, there is a good work/life balance and lots of flexibility(in 10 reviews)

• "I love the collaboration and teamwork and the positive work environment(in 10 reviews)

Cons
  • "No 401k match, little vacation, poor healthcare options(in 13 reviews)

• "No 401k match and the 60-day health insurance wait period is unfortunate(in 10 reviews)

1. "Great place! Learned a lot"

Current Employee - Intern

I have been working at Adtaxi part-time

Pros

They gave me so much freedom on projects and made me feel like I was really a part of the team. Great work environment.

Cons

Interns don't get paid and the first few weeks were boring.

2. "Good Marketing Concept, Not So Much Execution"

4.0
    Current Employee - Ops to Sales

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The funnel approach in how to maneuver budgets between channels is good. Hours are flexible and mgmt understands the importance of family for the most part. Pay is good if you and/or your team reach your sales goals.

Cons

While the whole marketing concept is good the issue is the communication on execution. This could be a really great company. The biggest issue is that AE/AM positions are trying to drive strategy, but the CMs don't always know what's happening. They're also trying to drive their own strategy. Who's really supposed to drive the strategy? And no, a DAS is not a strategist. A DAS is an Analyst. It's a sales-driven environment which seems to take away from quality work.

Continue reading
  3. "Great work place for Digital Marketing!"

Current Employee - Client Solutions Manager in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time for more than a year

Pros

- Ability to work from home - Fulfilling work experience - Hands-on management with professional work development - Non toxic work environment - Free parking

Cons

- No 401k Matching - Salary

Continue reading

"Horrible culture with very poor management."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in North St Paul, MN

I worked at Adtaxi full-time for more than a year

Pros

A few of the people.

Cons

Terrible management that does not care about their employees. Culture is strange to say the least.

Continue reading
  5. "Very okay work environment"

Former Employee - Campaign Manager

I worked at Adtaxi full-time

Pros

Flexible work schedule, not too busy

Cons

No team environment. Felt isolated and alone. Definitely an old boys club.

"Solid company...great management"

Current Employee - Client Services in Denver, CO

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

- Leadership: Almost all mid to executive level management has been with the company for 5+ years...which is very unique in this industry. -Flexibility: The organization is flexible with work from home options. Usually the office is allowed to WFH between Christmas and New Year's. -Collaboration: Employees on our team have a voice. We are encouraged to speak up if we identify any inefficiencies, and are asked to offer potential solutions (which are always considered). I never feel like I am being micro managed. I control my day-to-day. -Culture: There is a team dedicated to planning events, competitions, etc. Some recent events include: cornhole tournament, fantasy football leagues, holiday potlucks, Halloween costume competition, and meat cook-offs. Every year a dozen (or so) folks volunteer to take the polar plunge to raise money for Special Olympics. There is a stocked snack station available. One employee posted that they had to pay for coffee...not sure what office they work out of, but there are a variety of coffee/tea options available for free in both of the Denver offices that I've been to. Upgrades are in the works for a pool table in the break room, as well as a flavored seltzer water station. They are working on upgrading the workout facility to include updated equipment, a Peloton bike, punching bag, etc. To summarize: There will always be annoyances, no matter where you work. On my team, the positives far exceed the negatives. I have been in the workforce for over two decades, and this is the first job I've had where I don't dread coming to work every day. I feel challenged, and am always learning.

Cons

- Benefits are not great...but insurance premiums are on the rise everywhere. - 401k is not matched - Not the most organized company, but there are hundreds of employees in dozens of locations around the country. I expect this is the case in most companies our size. To summarize: This is not a PERFECT company by any means...but does such a company exist? I've had the benefit of working at some pretty BAD jobs while in school. It definitely helps provide perspective for me. Ya, the lack of 401k matching is a bummer, but I've seen some employees leave the company, only to rejoin 6-12 months down the road (the grass is not always greener, in some cases).

7. "Disorganized and closed minded"

2.0
    Current Employee - Operations Manager

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time

Pros

It's not a terrible place to learn digital marketing techniques

Cons

It is a horribly disorganized company especially when it comes to the operations department. It seems like they were trying to fix this issue for a few years but never quite found a proper way to run the department, probably due to the fact that they aren't willing to fix issues, just find temporary band-aids. Since the company is very sales driven, the sales teams gets to step all over the ops team and everyone is just there to support them. Too much nonsense work and the work is just cyclical garbage. The company constantly brags about how much money it's making but pumps 0% of it back into the company. We had to fight for computer equipment, had to pay if you wanted a cup of coffee from the kitchen and the salary plus benefits was insulting. PS. I was literally rejected from another digital marketing company because they hired another employee from AdTaxi and refused to make that mistake again.

8. "Great Company!"

Current Employee - Sales Team in Saint Paul, MN

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Adtaxi is a quickly growing digital agency with tons of opportunity. In the last year, we've onboarded several new clients and a ton of people have been promoted. The sales and client service teams get to build strategy, manage and execute media plans allowing them to become experts in all things digital. The client portfolio represents every industry. It's a great place to learn and develop! Pay is competitive, there is a good work/life balance and lots of flexibility.

Cons

No 401K match.

"Look elsewhere"

2.0
    Former Employee - Digital Sales Executive in Saint Paul, MN

I worked at Adtaxi full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Flexibility, great co-workers, work/life balance is great

Cons

Upper management is horrible. This is strictly for the St. Paul location that falls under the Pioneer Press. Upper management needs training on how to develop people to grow business

"Poor Workplace"

1.0
    Current Employee - Digital Account Strategist

I have been working at Adtaxi full-time for more than a year

Pros

Work/Life Balance is manageable due to the Union

Cons

Management Transparency Career Development Feedback Compensation Honesty from Management Workplace Culture

Found 75 reviews