Advance Enterprise Reviews | Glassdoor

3.8
Shawn Uong
  1. "Marketing Representative"

I worked at Advance Enterprise full-time

Pros

The interviewer described everything I was looking for in a career path. The management team truly believes in their employees and are great mentors on building your career. I gained essential skills that is irreplaceable. The staff and employees works with you individually to improve your marketing and sales abilities. Overall, it was a great experience to have under my belt.

Cons

The only con I would say about the company is that it can be very fast paced. If you're a fast learner and have an willingness to learn, then you will be successful.

Advance Enterprise2017-08-28
  2. "Salesman"

I have been working at Advance Enterprise

Pros

No pros to working here

Cons

This is a bad company to work for. No benefits

Advance Enterprise2018-03-12

"Great Experience"

Former Employee - Sales Representative

I worked at Advance Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

The working environment is much more enjoyable than my previous jobs. To be quite frank, it is better than most companies out there. The company pays for team bonding nights that allowed us to decompress. There are occasional bonuses, which is a plus! Earning potential is definitely there but will require you to put in work. Put in the work and you'll see the benefits! Simple as that.

Cons

Requires a certain level of dedication in order to excel into the management role.

Advance Enterprise2017-08-04
    • "Great opportunity"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Advance Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

This is a great work environment, awesome team dynamic, and there is so much room for growth and advancement as long as one is willing to work hard and meet company expectations.

Cons

Definitely requires a flexible work schedule, considering you are scheduled to work weekends.

Advice to Management

Good job!

Advance Enterprise2017-08-06

"A job that's both rewarding and challenging"

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in San Diego, CA

I worked at Advance Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Challenging, but provides an opportunity to make money based on the individuals' performance. Made 50k in my first year. The job also strengthened my overall level of professionalism. Great growth opportunity for those who desire. Overall fantastic experience.

Cons

Requires some driving and multiple meetings on a week-to-week basis.

Advice to Management

Improve the work-life balance of the job. Drop the $50 increase on MCSL

Advance Enterprise2017-05-22

"False promises"

Current Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Advance Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Very easy to get a job here. Just meet with some little Asian guy and say you want a job. You will get picked.

Cons

No benefits. No 401 or anything but working to sell Directv in Costco. Hours are the store hours, but you must stand whole shift. Small bonus if you sell the package.

Advice to Management

Be honest and tell the whole story and not misled people.

Advance Enterprise2016-04-05

March 27, 2017Owner

We apologize for any miscommunications or any unpleasant experiences, but we do try and make sure our employees know the position before starting any kind of training. We will get with our Human Resource and Management team to make sure this problem does not happen again.

"Sales Associate"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in San Diego, CA

I worked at Advance Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

reinforces discipline and requires a lot of self motivation, potential to earn good money ($800-$1000/wk if you are exceptional) very fast structure, growth is there if you want it

Cons

consumes your life, can be draining, easy to "neg out", meetings are daily and "non-mandatory" (which pretty much means mandatory) and you drive to a different costco warehouse every day = gas expense

Advance Enterprise2016-01-19

"Account Manager"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Diego, CA

I worked at Advance Enterprise full-time for more than a year

Pros

Good compensation for new customer acquisitions.

Cons

Schedule, both hours and days of week. Performance based so hours are not guaranteed. No benefits! Direct sales, a lot of rejection. Retail hours.

Advice to Management

Be in stores with your team more. Especially the account managers who are interested in further growth. A lot of the Account Managers felt the training was lacking after being promoted.

Advance Enterprise2015-12-22

January 5, 2016Market Manager

Im so sorry you felt that way! We definitely do not want our current or former employees feeling that way! Thats the huge reason we run meetings and training EVERYDAY! So the Market Manager gets a chance to train with you. But thank you for the feedback Ill will get with everyone ...

"Misleading"

Former Employee - Entry Level Marketing Assistant

I worked at Advance Enterprise full-time for less than a year

Pros

Potential to make money, if you're a good salesman that doesn't mind selling TV subscriptions in Costco. Some of the account managers do really well and seem happy with the work. They do offer paid training, which is a plus...but don't get to excited about $12/hr.

Cons

Misleading. They try to get you in focusing on marketing, but in reality this job has nothing to do with marketing. It's pretty much a floor sales job. Soliciting customers at the storefront about new products is sales, not marketing. I wasn't going to make a post but figured I should since there were no honest reviews about the type of work. Pyramid management structure.

Advice to Management

Be honest and state that it's a sales position. Face to face in store marketing is merely a synonym for sales.

Advance Enterprise2015-08-19

January 5, 2016Market Manager

Good Evening, I do apologize for any miscommunication. We as Advance Enterprise, Inc. most definitely want to make sure we are very detailed and precise with what we say in our phone interviews/face to face interviews. As the word "marketing" is very broad. we specialize in "In-Store ...

"You stand in front of stores and sell"

I worked at Advance Enterprise for less than a year

Pros

If you want to stand in front of a store and sell this is the job for you

Cons

They list the job on craigslist as a customer service position. There is the option to list this job as a sales job. They did not. There is an option to list this job as a marketing position. They did not. They listed it as customer service. It is not. Do you want to work for someone who stretches the truth from the very beginning

Advice to Management

Don't be afraid to represent your company as it is. If your recruitment is founded on deception, the foundation of your organization is morally rudderless.

Advance Enterprise2015-08-21