Advance Financial Reviews | Glassdoor

1. Featured Review

"Great Culture"

Current Employee - Manager in Knoxville, TN

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

This is a family owned business based out of Nashville. They believe in giving back to the employees. Pay is good for the responsibility. I am cared for both as a person and a employee.

Cons

Its not much of a trade off but would like to have more growth opportunities. Most growth is in a different area of the state. I am unable to move at this time.

Advance Financial2019-05-07
  2. "Easy job, but with no work-life balance."

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Smithville, TN

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

Easy job with good pay and benefits.

Cons

Poor upper management with no work-life balance.

Advance Financial2019-10-02

October 3, 2019Recruiter

Hey there! Thank you so much for taking the time to share your thoughts and for your time with us. We would love to have you share more feedback with us on how we can do better (email hr@af24).

3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Not a career. I would highly not recommend."

Former Employee - Customer Service Specialist in Morristown, TN

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The Pay if you are just starting out of high school. Other than that the pay is really not that good.

Cons

Management, Work Life Balance, Culture, Schedules. You will constantly deal with people leaving because the job to be honest is horrible. You are stuck behind bullet proof glass staring outside all day maybe seeing 1-10 customers a day by yourself. You will be bored out of your mind. This job is perfect for a retired person looking for employment who just wants to read. If you want anything out of life this place... isn’t for you. Huge mistake trying it out. They will lie to get you into the door but I promise you will see the truth in no time. They don’t care about you or if you have an actual college degree. This place is not helping the community.

Advice to Management

Good luck.

Advance Financial2019-09-25

September 26, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We love the fast-paced nature of the work we do, but there can be some downtime. That is the nature of the work we do - being available to customers 24/7. In and out of the community, we strive to serve everyone where they are, when they need it. We care deeply for all customers and employees and are disappointed you felt that way. We would love to have you share ways we can improve by emailing hr@af247.com. Best of luck in your new endeavors and thank you again for your feedback!

5. "Great company, could be better though"

Current Employee - Store Manager

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

The company pays for health insurance, which is a great benefit. It's a pretty high deductible but you can't complain about free. There are buy up options for those who chose to. The company offers a good bonus structure. Id does require your store to be profitable to bonus though, so if you've got a new store it may take some time.

Cons

The company 401K match could be better.. it's currently at 5%, but given the revenue of this company I believe 8-10% would be more appropiate. This is the lowest 401K match I've ever received. Also, the ability to move from store manager to ops seems to have stopped now that the company is not growing their number of stores so rapidly anymore.

Advice to Management

Please increase the 401K match. It wouldn't do a huge number to the companies bottom line, but an 8-10% match would put this benefit in line with the rest of the benefits. If you want to encourage seniority, maybe have the match increase to 10% after say a year or two years. It would be greatly appreciated and really help us save for our families future.

Advance Financial2019-09-08

September 13, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for your feedback! We are proud of all of our benefits and are always looking to provide the best package possible. We have made note of your suggestion and will pass it along! Thank you for all that you do and for helping to make Advance Financial the best place it can be.

6. "I love working at Advance Financial"

Current Employee - Current Employee

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Great benefits. Love the help with paying back my student loans

Cons

Never enough time to get everything done.

Advance Financial2019-08-30

September 13, 2019Recruiter

We are so happy to hear that you love it here! The student loan benefit is a direct result of employee feedback, so it's great to see a tenured employee using it. Thank you for all that you do to make Advance Financial great!

"The pros don’t outweigh the cons"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Good benefits - 401k, student loan payment, flexible schedules (Pro & con)

Cons

The hours! The flexible schedules are good if your manager will work with your needs. Otherwise it’s terrible. You’re stuck working every weekend and holiday. But corporate? They’re off enjoying their weekends and holidays with family while we are at work. The pay isn’t too great. If you work a lot of overtime its good but who wants to live at work. Management pretends to care. If you’re family or in the clique... you’ll do great!

Advice to Management

Friends helping friends needs to be followed by management and corporate. Stop forcing good reviews.

Advance Financial2019-08-26

September 13, 2019Recruiter

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve and have made note of your scheduling concerns. We do value all employees and are disappointed your experience didn't make you feel that way. We appreciate your time with us and wish you nothing but the best!

8. "Crazy work hours"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for less than a year

Pros

Good pay, good benefits, good employees, close to the house

Cons

The hours are CRAZY!! Very inconsistent, not a good job for a single parent like myself

Advance Financial2019-08-16
  9. "Best place to learn how to sell loans"

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Murfreesboro, TN

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

the pay was and also the schedule

Cons

your always alone and sometimes teller won show up and you might stay for the shift

Advance Financial2019-07-31
  10. "AF 24/7"

Former Employee - Branch Manager

I worked at Advance Financial full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

There is no pros to mention.

Cons

Poor work life balance. Poor upper management and terrible communication.

Advance Financial2019-07-30

"Worst company. Never work here."

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in Memphis, TN

I have been working at Advance Financial full-time for more than a year

Pros

There are no pros to working here.

Cons

Poor management Poor training Poor work ethic Racist Sexist Terrible benefits

Advance Financial2019-07-26