Advance Publications Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated December 1, 2016

5.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Donald E. Newhouse

1. "Collaborative Work Environment"

Former Employee - Tax Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Tax Director in New York, NY

I worked at Advance Publications full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Wonderful and collaborative work environment with excellent people who truly care and are always helpful in providing assistance to colleagues in addition to discharging their responsibilities.

Cons

Business challenges in all lines including but not limited to the newspapers putting added pressure on all employees to do more with less.

2. "Great Place. Great People"

Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY
    Current Intern - Intern - Hourly in New York, NY

I have been working at Advance Publications as an intern (More than a year)

Pros

I really enjoy my time here. The people are great and they are all very friendly. It has been a great place to intern and gain some experience.

Cons

There aren't much cons to working here. For me, they are moving to the WTC soon so that'll be a bit of commute for me but I'm sure many people would love working in the WTC!

Advice to Management

Not much to say here either. Management is very friendly and always forgiving. Maybe give more benefits to the interns!

3. "Great Place"

Pros

Great people to work with. Enjoyed my time here. Will continue to work here for a while.

Cons

Not much to say con wise.

5. "Good company. Iffy future."

I have been working at Advance Publications full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Individual newspapers seem to be ran like independents (not owned by a huge corporation). Great Pay. Great Benefits. Love the people I work with. Very flexible. Lots of educational opportunities and training.

Cons

Need to get digital and in print in line, right now they are two separate companies, producing very similar products but competing. Future of print product is questionable. Advance is testing digital products in a few cities. Looks like most other products will be going in that direction.

6. "Positive"

Pros

If you work hard, if in the right place, and at the right time, you will get ahead just like anywhere else in te business world.

Cons

Competetion is fierce but if you're comfortable in that environment you will thrive. If not, it may not be a place for you. The Corporate side is not that bad as long as you work hard and prove yourself worthy.