AdvanceMed Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.8
Charles K. Narang

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Statistician I (MIC contract) hired straight from grad school."

Former Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to learn SAS coding. Compensation is great for someone coming straight from school, but not as competitive if you are an experienced professionals. Tuition and certification reimbursement was very helpful.

Cons

The contract I was working on expired which affected turnover rate on our team

2. "Great potential"

Former Employee - Benefit Integrity Analyst in Grove City, OH
    Former Employee - Benefit Integrity Analyst in Grove City, OH

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Highly regarded in the world of government contract work.

Cons

Internal processes and lack of effective training bog down productivity and morale. Less than stellar benefits. Limited advancement opportunities.

Advice to Management

Show staff appreciation for the hard work that keeps the company winning big contracts.

3. "Great place to work"

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time

Pros

It is great to be part of such a successful team and to have such an important mission. Parent Company, NCI, Inc. very supportive of our work and allow us to "drive our own ship" for the most part.

Cons

As a federal contractor, we are sometimes at the mercy of the pendulum swing of the customer, but because we have grown with them into more of a partnership, we see less of that. Still there are always challenges associate with working with the government, however our parent co has lots of experience with various federal company so that helps.

Advice to Management

Make sure support orgs are held accountable. Also put systems in place for the most Sr. management to be kept informed without making staff feel that they are being micromanaged.

4. "Statistician"

Pros

Flexible schedule was great to have

Cons

There was a lot of turnover

"Fraud PI Analyst"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Nashville, TN

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There are some wonderful people there who are truly dedicated to their job and are willing to help you succeed. Starting pay is decent (around 50k).

Cons

extremely high turnover rate, corrupt upper management, not professional, lack of morale....the list goes on. If you are okay with being micro managed and required to complete meaningless administrative tasks, then this job is perfect for you. I have come to learn over the last two years that this company does not care about morale, their employees or the "work/life balance." Managers speak behind team members back, get caught and do not get in trouble. Upper management threatens to dock your pay when THEY CLOSE FOR A SNOW DAY, if you cannot make up the 8 hours within a following weekend. Take these reviews seriously, during my time at this company, I watched a person walk out almost every week. No proper training because the turn over rate is increasing and everyone is so bogged down with their own work. As a new member to the team you really have to learn to sink or swim.

Advice to Management

The turn over rate speaks for itself.

6. "Recruiter"

Pros

Good pay, attentive recruiters, weekly paychecks

Cons

Okay benefits package, but good 401k matching

"Technical Clerk"

Current Employee - Medical Records Technician in Lebanon, TN
    Current Employee - Medical Records Technician in Lebanon, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed (Less than a year)

Pros

Schedule Flexibility, friendly workplace environment

Cons

Structure is lacking, turnover rates are high. Room for job growth is difficult. Monthly premiums are much higher than average.

"Glad it's over!"

Former Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN
    Former Employee - Fraud Investigator in Nashville, TN

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

When you first come in, you learn a lot. I felt well prepared for my position and what was expected of me. Worked on a project that ended and gave me an opportunity to work in another dept.

Starting pay is decent.

Cons

If you transfer departments, it is sink or swim. They don't train you, you just have to figure it out. Pay increases are a joke. Company is constantly restructuring and it seems to promote the bad apples. There seems to be dofferent sets of rules for everyone. Some can work from home, some can't. No rhyme or reason. Heaven forbid you can't get there due to snow. Management told us we have to shut down due to a busted pipe on Elm Hill Pike. We either had to make up the time or they took your PTO.

Also, the State of TN recognizes full time as 36 hrs. As a salaried employee, you are expected to work overtime (all the time) with no pay but if you are short of 40 hours by 5 minutes and you don't make up that time, they take it from your PTO.

Advice to Management

Correct time keeping policies, be more lenient during inclement weather and emergency situations. Stop restructuring and promoting bad apples.

Also realize employees have a life outside those walls and be respectful of that.

9. "First Job out of Grad School"

Current Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Statistician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at AdvanceMed full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great place to get your feet wet and start a career. I was hired with no experience.

Cons

Pay and benefits are lower than with a bigger, successful company. This company is a Gov contractor for CMS and the contract could be given to another company when its over. Job growth is very minimal and not a lot of lateral movement to change an area in your career field.

Advice to Management

Not much they can do given the restraints of the contract, they are pretty good.

10. "good memory"

I worked at AdvanceMed full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

learn a lot from there.

Cons

office culture is not friendly.