Advanced Acoustic Concepts Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

3.1
CEO

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Outstanding to work!"

Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Manassas, VA
    Current Employee - Engineering Technician in Manassas, VA

I have been working at Advanced Acoustic Concepts full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ACC provides excellent training ad career opportunities, as well as an exceptional work environment. The people I have worked with have been great team members, motivating, and challenge me to grow.

Cons

AAC utilizes a number of third party agencies to handle long term/military leave, which makes reserve drill events difficult at times.

Advice to Management

If possible, try to see if the military/long term leave system can be streamlined a little.

2. "Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lemont Furnace, PA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lemont Furnace, PA

I have been working at Advanced Acoustic Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Dynamic and Fast workplace that engages employees and provides opportunities for professional growth and stability. Great compensation, awesome benefits package and generous PTO allocation. 9/80 schedule is very attractive (off every other Friday). HR does a good job at making sure new hires feel welcome within the company. Management cares about the employees. Hiring of recent college grads is common. Strong leadership team with a lot of industry experience and a steadfast commitment to the betterment of the company. The culture is high energy and very rewarding.

Cons

There are not any identified.

Advice to Management

Well done!

3. "Good Company to Work For"

Current Employee - Current Employee in Hauppauge, NY
    Current Employee - Current Employee in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Advanced Acoustic Concepts full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

When I interviewed I met with 3 people and it went on for about 45 minutes. They told me a lot about the company and I guess what I liked most is that they were honest about where they wanted to improve and no false expectations. People are mostly friendly, benefits are good (closed every other Friday), and work is usually interesting. Work is mostly for US Navy. Sometimes the pace is fast when there are big deadlines and other times it's slower. I have a good manager.

Cons

Government contractor so some work can be repetitive sometimes and the environment is tight on procedures and security. Hardest part is waiting for new contracts or re-competes.

Advice to Management

Support those people who try to make things even better.

4. "Summer Intern"

Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Morgantown, WV
    Former Employee - Engineering Intern in Morgantown, WV

I worked at Advanced Acoustic Concepts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I only worked here for one summer, but I really enjoyed my time. It's great knowing you're making a difference on the military font. For the most part, I was assisting the other manufacturing engineers and it was extremely gratifying.

Cons

There could certainly be more in the way of on-the-job training.

5. "Production Intern"

Former Employee - Production Intern in Lemont Furnace, PA
    Former Employee - Production Intern in Lemont Furnace, PA

I worked at Advanced Acoustic Concepts (Less than a year)

Pros

Lots of experience with 3D CAD (SketchUp), Microsoft Office, e-mailing, and phone calls. Great work environment with great co-workers who love their jobs. Would often have lunches out. Also, a great company summer picnic. Lots of ages, young, middle, and older ages.

Cons

I wanted more direct engineering experience on my first internship. Would've liked to see more production experience; instead got more sales and planning experience.

Advice to Management

Great work with the job that was offered. Give interns more of a chance to prove themselves.

6. "Intern/Co-Op"

Current Employee - Intern/Co-op in Monessen, PA
    Current Employee - Intern/Co-op in Monessen, PA

I have been working at Advanced Acoustic Concepts part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Easy and Interesting Work. Good First Job for college and high school students.

Cons

Not too many complaints. Limited ability to move up the ladder.

Advice to Management

Quality > Quantity

7. "Meh..."

Current Employee - Principal Engineer
    Current Employee - Principal Engineer

Pros

Compensation, Bonus, Decent benefits package.

Cons

Humdrum work at this point. Too many ignorant managers and not enough engineers. Suppose that's needed since we just resell the same broken old program to different customers. What happened to innovation? Moral?

Advice to Management

Fix it

8. "Well managed company"

Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Principal Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

Pros

AAC's senior management includes some of the smartest guys in the business.

Cons

Long Island is a hard sell for people that didn't grow up there.

Advice to Management

If it ain't broke...

9. "Poor Management at NY facility"

Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Software Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

Pros

Reasonably friendly staff, though some are flat out hostile. HR was good.

Cons

Management does not allocate work effectively. When I started I literally sat at my cube for weeks before projects were assigned to me. I consistently sought out work with no help.
    Some staff member were unapproachable and would deliberately lead you down the wrong path to make you look bad.

"Just a bunch of smoke and mirrors"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lemont Furnace, PA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lemont Furnace, PA

Pros

Interesting work. Friendly co-workers. Flexible hours and generous PTO allocation.

Cons

The omnipotent, self-appointed President, all knowing, do what I say, " I saved Fayette County by giving low paying manufacturing jobs to young adults" Director of Production is a joke. If another manufacturing company were to open up, 50% of the workforce would leave in a heart beat. Unfortunately, many are there to collect a paycheck and not develop a career.

Advice to Management

You cannot have one entity be in charge of buying an item, receiving the item, inspecting the item, then building an assembly. Where are the checks and balances? Just multiple layers of CYA to cover lower manager's lack of leadership and make the Director's numbers look good. All credit to the Director of Production, he has pulled the wool over the eyes of upper management for years.