Advanced Business Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 15, 2019

Found 32 reviews

3.6
Julie Strait
  1. "Great Career Potential! Love Everyone Here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time for more than a year

Pros

When I first applied to ABA, I was so used to my previous jobs where I had a limited opportunity for growth. I didn't quite understand my opportunity with this company until my second week when I was getting my first promotion. This company is a rare find because it is truly up to the individual to map out their own success. I have so many leaders and mentors that I have built relationships with in this business who have...

Cons

You have to be self motivated to work here. If you are not it is not going to be a good fit. People need to have a strong desire to learn, have positive attitudes, and want to be a good leader in order to succeed in this business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing more sales contests! Last month I got a lobster dinner and I want more chances to win things!!!!!!

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-01-21
  2. "Alright"

Former Employee - Sales Associate in Alba, MO

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Steady employment in my field

Cons

Commute is already an issue

Advanced Business Acquisitions2019-02-15
  3. "Multi Level Marketing..."

Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Surrounded by fun people. Learn great sales skills. Team-based activities. Julie is a very nice boss.

Cons

Door to door sales. The business model gives false hope for many as it focuses on people recruiting people to their "team", who then recruit under them and so on, but very few actually succeed. Many people working here are without a college degree/pursuing a degree so they have limited alternative options to work. The employee turnover is ridiculously high.

Advice to Management

I would say change your business model; however, it thrives on giving people false hope so I don't really have any advice that could make tangible change.

Advanced Business Acquisitions2017-02-02
  4. "Great first sales job"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time for more than a year

Pros

I enjoyed working with Julie and her team. Very fun place to work! Loved teams culture

Cons

100% commission, long hours, sometimes my sales got cancelled

Advice to Management

Pay hourly wages and don't make people work from 11am-9:30pm.

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-06-14

"This place is called Global Business Acquisitions now. New management, I guess"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Cool friendly and young coworkers. You play games in the morning and have classes/training when you're new. Lively atmosphere and can be fun if you're pitching with somebody else in the field

Cons

10 hours a day, 6 days a week Door to door sales (which they didn't tell you during the interview, they just tell you it's direct marketing. Very vague) 100% commission. If you earn $500 a week from your 4-5 sales, it's like you're earning less than $10 an hour Field immersion may happen in far cities. They don't pay for food or gas and you use your own car Probably only the owner and assistant manager earns the big bucks...

Advice to Management

Be honest in the hiring process!! Don't waste people's time because people quit after a month anyway

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-06-12

"Better Opportunities Out There"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Fun environment with good people. Definitely learn how to do sales and face rejection.

Cons

ABA is door to door sales, which is not worth it IMO. At the time, I had no better options but I think most people are above it. It is also 100% commission and only a few people excel with this pay structure. They will hire literally anyone as well. It's a shame.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. CEO is very nice.

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-04-12

"Door-to-Door sales.. They won't tell you that in the interview"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time for less than a year

Pros

Great work atmosphere Play games which is fun Good team bonding A lot of advice given Thursday team nights are fun

Cons

100% commission 10+ work days 6 day work weeks (don't do less that's frowned upon) No base salary Have to dress business professional for no reason A lot of walking and rejection Pretty much lie to customers to get them to buy

Advice to Management

Have a base salary and tell people its door sales in the interview

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-02-27
  8. "Work Environment"

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Excellent coworker relationships. Friendly atmosphere. Many opportunities for career advancement

Cons

Tedious, sometimes unrewarding work. Employers tend to lose you as soon as you get past entry level. At times feels punishing if you're not giving 120%.

Advice to Management

Be a little more realistic on the outset about what the job entails.

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-01-29

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. WORST JOB"

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

You meet nice people & do fun games in the morning meetings that pump you up. Make a lot of friends and nice people to work with.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE. 1. You work 10+ a day and with a commute I didn't get home until 10pm or 1030pm every night 2. COMMISSION ONLY. So some days you will work for free - outrageous. I made more money in high school working for minimum wage 3. Think you got 4 sales for the week only to find people canceled - so your once $400 ish paycheck would be lucky to fill your car with gas since management makes you drive EVERYWHERE...

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES IF YOU'RE SO RICH. Be honest. Tell people it's door to door sales & that they won't have benefits (since they're too expensive) and that they will not be able to pay rent or buy food. JUST BE HONEST

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-02-25

"ABA"

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

The firm's employees have a motivational entrepreneurial spirit. Leaders provide informational packet and go out of their way to teach you the basics. After work get togethers. Pretty good first job in sales if you're young and without experience in sales.

Cons

100% commission based salary, little compensation for gas/vehicle costs in outdoor sales position. A large time commitment involving mandatory morning meetings, without compensation, nor a guaranteed return on investment in time. DS-MAX style office and selling tactics.

Advice to Management

The manager of the office seems to be a genuinely nice person. It really is just a tough cutthroat business where profits are maximized at the cost of ethics. Promote the entry level position in a more honest manner to prevent less employee turnover.

Advanced Business Acquisitions2016-01-12