Advanced Business Acquisitions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Julie Strait

1. "Great first sales job"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I enjoyed working with Julie and her team. Very fun place to work! Loved teams culture

Cons

100% commission, long hours, sometimes my sales got cancelled

Advice to Management

Pay hourly wages and don't make people work from 11am-9:30pm.

2. "Multi Level Marketing..."

Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Lead Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Surrounded by fun people. Learn great sales skills. Team-based activities. Julie is a very nice boss.

Cons

Door to door sales. The business model gives false hope for many as it focuses on people recruiting people to their "team", who then recruit under them and so on, but very few actually succeed. Many people working here are without a college degree/pursuing a degree so they have limited alternative options to work. The employee turnover is ridiculously high.

Advice to Management

I would say change your business model; however, it thrives on giving people false hope so I don't really have any advice that could make tangible change.

"This place is called Global Business Acquisitions now. New management, I guess"

Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Former Employee - Entry Level Account Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Cool friendly and young coworkers. You play games in the morning and have classes/training when you're new. Lively atmosphere and can be fun if you're pitching with somebody else in the field

Cons

10 hours a day, 6 days a week
    Door to door sales (which they didn't tell you during the interview, they just tell you it's direct marketing. Very vague)
    100% commission. If you earn $500 a week from your 4-5 sales, it's like you're earning less than $10 an hour
    Field immersion may happen in far cities. They don't pay for food or gas and you use your own car
    Probably only the owner and assistant manager earns the big bucks here

Advice to Management

Be honest in the hiring process!! Don't waste people's time because people quit after a month anyway

"Better Opportunities Out There"

Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Account Manager in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Fun environment with good people. Definitely learn how to do sales and face rejection.

Cons

ABA is door to door sales, which is not worth it IMO. At the time, I had no better options but I think most people are above it. It is also 100% commission and only a few people excel with this pay structure. They will hire literally anyone as well. It's a shame.

Advice to Management

Pay your employees. CEO is very nice.

"Door-to-Door sales.. They won't tell you that in the interview"

Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great work atmosphere
    Play games which is fun
    Good team bonding
    A lot of advice given
    Thursday team nights are fun

Cons

100% commission
    10+ work days
    6 day work weeks (don't do less that's frowned upon)
    No base salary
    Have to dress business professional for no reason
    A lot of walking and rejection
    Pretty much lie to customers to get them to buy

Advice to Management

Have a base salary and tell people its door sales in the interview

7. "Work Environment"

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

Excellent coworker relationships.
    Friendly atmosphere.
    Many opportunities for career advancement

Cons

Tedious, sometimes unrewarding work. Employers tend to lose you as soon as you get past entry level. At times feels punishing if you're not giving 120%.

Advice to Management

Be a little more realistic on the outset about what the job entails.

8. "Great Career Potential! Love Everyone Here!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

I have been working at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

When I first applied to ABA, I was so used to my previous jobs where I had a limited opportunity for growth. I didn't quite understand my opportunity with this company until my second week when I was getting my first promotion. This company is a rare find because it is truly up to the individual to map out their own success. I have so many leaders and mentors that I have built relationships with in this business who have helped me so much. ABA is like a family to me and I know that as I work towards achieving all of my goals, everyone is ready to help with any questions I have. I have always set high standards and goals for myself and ABA has been the only opportunity I have found that maximizes my true potential. I also LOVE the environment!!! It is so positive and co-workers become great friends.

Cons

You have to be self motivated to work here. If you are not it is not going to be a good fit. People need to have a strong desire to learn, have positive attitudes, and want to be a good leader in order to succeed in this business.

Advice to Management

Keep doing more sales contests! Last month I got a lobster dinner and I want more chances to win things!!!!!!

"RUN FOR YOUR LIFE. WORST JOB"

Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in San Jose, CA
    Former Employee - Door to Door Sales in San Jose, CA

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

You meet nice people & do fun games in the morning meetings that pump you up. Make a lot of friends and nice people to work with.

Cons

EVERYTHING ELSE.
    1. You work 10+ a day and with a commute I didn't get home until 10pm or 1030pm every night
    2. COMMISSION ONLY. So some days you will work for free - outrageous. I made more money in high school working for minimum wage
    3. Think you got 4 sales for the week only to find people canceled - so your once $400 ish paycheck would be lucky to fill your car with gas since management makes you drive EVERYWHERE and don't reimburse you for gas or ware and tear on the piece of crap car you can only afford
    4. Impossible to live on if you are taking care of yourself or especially your family
    5. Management cons everyone making them think they'll be millionaires. It's so sad to watch these poor 20 somethings make no money for a dream that will never happen

Advice to Management

PAY YOUR EMPLOYEES IF YOU'RE SO RICH. Be honest. Tell people it's door to door sales & that they won't have benefits (since they're too expensive) and that they will not be able to pay rent or buy food. JUST BE HONEST

"ABA"

I worked at Advanced Business Acquisitions full-time

Pros

The firm's employees have a motivational entrepreneurial spirit. Leaders provide informational packet and go out of their way to teach you the basics. After work get togethers. Pretty good first job in sales if you're young and without experience in sales.

Cons

100% commission based salary, little compensation for gas/vehicle costs in outdoor sales position. A large time commitment involving mandatory morning meetings, without compensation, nor a guaranteed return on investment in time. DS-MAX style office and selling tactics.

Advice to Management

The manager of the office seems to be a genuinely nice person. It really is just a tough cutthroat business where profits are maximized at the cost of ethics. Promote the entry level position in a more honest manner to prevent less employee turnover.

"Sales/Marketing Review - Excited about the future!"

Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in San Jose, CA
    Current Employee - Sales/Marketing in San Jose, CA

Pros

Advanced Business Acquisitions, Inc is about more than just "work hard, play hard", we all have respect for the common goal at hand within our employees, which is, gain success through hard work and making whatever necessary personal changes it takes to get there. If you thrive in a fast-paced, challenging, and exciting environment, then you will love it here. Being in the company for almost three years I have seen how flawlessly our company handles changes in the evolution of our campaigns and client’s needs. We operate the office as one tightly knit team instead of an office full of individuals trying to undercut one another to succeed. We are a true people helping people business! The best part is rather a ton of experience or none at all, the hands on training program is so simple, we trust that all our future candidates will reach their goals in no time.

Cons

ABA is not for the weak or lazy. It is a work hard - play hard environment. If you work hard and you get your job done - there is a ton of opportunity to make great money and advanced in the company. I really had to stretch past my comfort zone in many situations to become the confident and well-rounded leader that I am today. The growth and development never stops no matter what phase of development our employees are at.

Advice to Management

My advice would be to not only have everything be merit based (as it is), but to have a tenure based bonus that is tied in with achievements.