Advanced Career Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.6
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Kishor Mehta

"Fantastic Firm To Work For"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Denver, CO

Pros

After years of working for Advanced Career Technologies, I can say that I've enjoyed my time a great deal. As a family run organization, management has a vested interest in ensuring the company's and its employees' success. A benefits package is offered to sales people, which is very nice. The potential for succeeding is great as the amount of leads is endless and just depends on how much effort and time the salesperson wishes to invest in closing a deal.

Cons

If you don't have talent as a salesperson or find that you need a great deal of direction initially then you may experience problems here as this is not the dynamic nor the nature of the company.

Advice to Management

Keep up doing what you do!

"Out With The Old & In With The New Job Hunting Methods For 2012"

Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Consultant in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

After working with the company for the last 5 months, I can honestly say that this is one of the best run organizations I have ever seen. It's a family run company that invests a large amount of money behind each and every one of their employees. One of the best things I've learned about the current job market is basically reinforcing Einsteins definition of insanity?

Basically, repeating the same actions and expecting different results. Keeping that in mind, now consider your current job search. The first thing you need to ask yourself is if your resume is getting any attention. If you've been sending out the same resume and it's been a month without any calls for interviews; then I'd say it's time to re-think your current strategy.

We've reached a point in the job market where old job hunting methods simply don't work! The market is saturated with millions and millions of electronically submitted resumes. The reverse chronological resume, highlighting your job title, objectives, previous experience and education. Blah, blah, blah.

First things first, develop a plan and implement a solution. Advanced Career Technology can help get you back in the game and effectively competing in today's job market. Period. They have some amazing information and technology that can dramatically speed your search. They also can supply you with the materials and support you need to stand out and achieve success. Don't blame the job market for a failed job search, blame outdated methods and materials. Take action that matters. You can thank me later.

Cons

Requires dedication and participation. You either do it, or don't. It's that simple.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work!

3. "In response"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from any where, beautiful office, great staff, CEO and his dad are great. Open door policy for all.

Cons

If you don't have the work ethic and are a person that gives up easily, stay at home. This job is for big boys.

Advice to Management

Great job. Cutting edge. I don't know many companies that can change their web site on a dime to help customers, But you can.

"Work Ethic? Where has it gone"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As an employee, gives the Sales Consultants every possible tool to be successful - lead flow, nice CRM to manage the lead flow through out the process; changes are continual and can be disruptive - always looking for a better way to get the message of world class technology and predictability for the job search closer to clients and easier for sales consultants. You either change, or are stagnant and someone else takes your place...it is a great place to build a career if you have the drive, work ethic and smarts.

Cons

being around people who fail in the company - if you are in Denver you are all together. They typically do not work ...they complain, they think because they are handed tools they should be automatically successful. Whatever happend to work ethic? I have never seen such a flow of entitled, depressing people - who want to be paid for thier "vacation" to Denver, then disappear? There are changes - many, you flow with it, and keep doing what you can do best, which is helping people to see better ways to manage their job search. Change is necessary when you want to maintain the top spot - which this company consistently does. Very few people (clients-and there are thousands) do not get what they have expected in their engagment with the company, and the sales consultant is never involved in that side.

Advice to Management

it would be good to have more sales contests, company wide success stories and constant encouragement from sr management to offset the negativity of some people. Share more about the positive and where the company is heading - not just in emails.

6. "Year and a 1/2 and still going strong"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been one of the most exciting career experiences of my life. I've worked harder than I've ever worked before. I've helped more people achieve their professional goals than I could've ever imagined I would. I've learned how to communicate on a level that few ever achieve in their sales careers. I have received mentoring and advice from some of the recruiting industries' greatest talent. I have had great months and I have had slow months, it comes with the industry and is a direct reflection of how much time and energy you're investing. All in all you get what you give. People can't blame this company if they don't succeed. They need to blame themselves. Organization and diligence are two of the most essential skills necessary to succeed here. If you don't have a firm grasp of those two things, you won't even make it a week. Not for the faint of heart. If you truly invest your heart and soul into this, you'll reap the rewards. Your clients will too. Success is contagious.

Cons

It takes at least 3-6 months to truly understand how to do this.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

7. "Great firm to work for..."

Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from anywhere, the staff is amazing, upper management is knowledgeable and helpful.

Management gives you all of the tools that you need to succeed, though some won't. This is a job that takes dedication and time put in. Those that are willing to take the tools, dedicate themselves to learning the industry and put the time in have a very high earning potential and will find themselves in a position to realize that what they are doing is HELPING people. It's very rewarding.

This is a family run business and it's one of the best run organizations I have ever worked for. They see the value in their staff and they honestly believe in what they do. So do I.

Cons

The almost constant change can be disruptive to some (though, I thrive on it).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

8. "Professional, cutting edge company in executive recruiting and job search assistance."

Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clarity and detail of product product. Traing and support.

Cons

Pricing changes too often. Always within a given range but too many options

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

9. "president"

Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advance Career Tech is in business for long time and Company culture represents honesty, integrity and loyalty to their clients. works very hard to fulfill their commitment.

Cons

Advanced Career Tech is a fine company and wonderful to work for but need to organize and participate in more seminars.

Advice to Management

Advance Career Tech is very fine organization. Need to spread their wings in IT field but the president is an Engineer so Stayed in Engineering market

10. "Beware, not what you expect."

Former Employee - Account Representative in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Centennial, CO

I worked at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is nice, beautiful offices.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to make money on straight commission. Had to leave within three months.

Advice to Management

Don't promise what you cannot deliver.

"Terrible Place to Work as a Home Based Sales Person"

Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

The only positive thing I can even remotely say about this faltering company is that you get to work from home as a sales representative. Other than that there are no other "pros" to add here.

Cons

Management is totally careless in how day to day policies are carried out. Since ACT is all about signing up professional job seekers to pay HUGE fees for online job search tools and the creation of half-baked resumes which are no more effective in the real world than normal resumes, you pay a LOT and get very very little in return. Management hires sales people by the dozens on 100% commission only and you are not reinbursed for your initial travel or training expenses until you hit baseline quota within the first 60 days ( which is all but impossible to do)...consequently they know that the mass majority of the sales reps hired will quit or never make goal at 60 days-- so ACT will never have any out of pocket training expenses. Overall this company is NOT a good place to work at or do business with. Buyer BEWARE!!! do lots of research before giving this company one dime of your money---my suggestion after having worked here and having listened to dozens of complaints from clients, never ever pay anyone or any firm to help you find a job and expecially not ACT.

Advice to Management

If Management is going to hire so called "employees" then make sure each and everyone is immediately reimbursed for all travel expenses upon returning from training. These are other very shady policies in practice is why this company has to continually fight to save its repuation and change its name over the past several years.