Advanced Career Tech Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "president"

Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - President in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech (More than 10 years)

Pros

Advance Career Tech is in business for long time and Company culture represents honesty, integrity and loyalty to their clients. works very hard to fulfill their commitment.

Cons

Advanced Career Tech is a fine company and wonderful to work for but need to organize and participate in more seminars.

Advice to Management

Advance Career Tech is very fine organization. Need to spread their wings in IT field but the president is an Engineer so Stayed in Engineering market

2. "They went bankrupt, that tells it all"

Former Employee - Director in Lakewood, CO
    Former Employee - Director in Lakewood, CO

I worked at Advanced Career Tech (More than 5 years)

Pros

Nice idea,, but grossly unfair to employees.

Cons

The management was totally self serving, unfair, and frankly a horrible company to work with. These guys are stil around under a different name. If Gerberg is in the company, don't do it.

3. "Beware, not what you expect."

Former Employee - Account Representative in Centennial, CO
    Former Employee - Account Representative in Centennial, CO

I worked at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The environment is nice, beautiful offices.

Cons

It is nearly impossible to make money on straight commission. Had to leave within three months.

Advice to Management

Don't promise what you cannot deliver.

4. "Professional, cutting edge company in executive recruiting and job search assistance."

Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA
    Current Employee - Consultant in San Diego, CA

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Clarity and detail of product product. Traing and support.

Cons

Pricing changes too often. Always within a given range but too many options

Advice to Management

Keep it up!

5. "Great firm to work for..."

Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Sales Support in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work from anywhere, the staff is amazing, upper management is knowledgeable and helpful.

Management gives you all of the tools that you need to succeed, though some won't. This is a job that takes dedication and time put in. Those that are willing to take the tools, dedicate themselves to learning the industry and put the time in have a very high earning potential and will find themselves in a position to realize that what they are doing is HELPING people. It's very rewarding.

This is a family run business and it's one of the best run organizations I have ever worked for. They see the value in their staff and they honestly believe in what they do. So do I.

Cons

The almost constant change can be disruptive to some (though, I thrive on it).

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

6. "Senior Sales Consultant - entry level job with low income potential - Avoid at all costs"

I worked at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are none except for the nice office, which they are downsizing.

Cons

Most every senior sales consultant will quit within the first month. This is a good position for people who like to side step the truth, and dodge answering important questions about the company on a daily basis. If you like honest answers to legitimate questions then this is not the place for you. Also, there is a very low income potential here. 100% commission. Steer clear.

Advice to Management

Find a real job and regain your dignity. Trust me it works.

7. "Year and a 1/2 and still going strong"

Current Employee - Managing Director in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Managing Director in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This has been one of the most exciting career experiences of my life. I've worked harder than I've ever worked before. I've helped more people achieve their professional goals than I could've ever imagined I would. I've learned how to communicate on a level that few ever achieve in their sales careers. I have received mentoring and advice from some of the recruiting industries' greatest talent. I have had great months and I have had slow months, it comes with the industry and is a direct reflection of how much time and energy you're investing. All in all you get what you give. People can't blame this company if they don't succeed. They need to blame themselves. Organization and diligence are two of the most essential skills necessary to succeed here. If you don't have a firm grasp of those two things, you won't even make it a week. Not for the faint of heart. If you truly invest your heart and soul into this, you'll reap the rewards. Your clients will too. Success is contagious.

Cons

It takes at least 3-6 months to truly understand how to do this.

Advice to Management

Thank you.

8. "Head spinning turnover"

I worked at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Nice office. I mean it is impressive. Free coffee and tea.

Cons

Leads are pretty cold. In my experience, most new hires quit within a day or two, hardly any will last a month. Turnover is extremely high. We are not allowed to talk about our client's success rate with our company. I think this should be a number we hang our hat on... Its not :(

Advice to Management

Figure out a way to get people to stick. Fix your image.

"Work Ethic? Where has it gone"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

As an employee, gives the Sales Consultants every possible tool to be successful - lead flow, nice CRM to manage the lead flow through out the process; changes are continual and can be disruptive - always looking for a better way to get the message of world class technology and predictability for the job search closer to clients and easier for sales consultants. You either change, or are stagnant and someone else takes your place...it is a great place to build a career if you have the drive, work ethic and smarts.

Cons

being around people who fail in the company - if you are in Denver you are all together. They typically do not work ...they complain, they think because they are handed tools they should be automatically successful. Whatever happend to work ethic? I have never seen such a flow of entitled, depressing people - who want to be paid for thier "vacation" to Denver, then disappear? There are changes - many, you flow with it, and keep doing what you can do best, which is helping people to see better ways to manage their job search. Change is necessary when you want to maintain the top spot - which this company consistently does. Very few people (clients-and there are thousands) do not get what they have expected in their engagment with the company, and the sales consultant is never involved in that side.

Advice to Management

it would be good to have more sales contests, company wide success stories and constant encouragement from sr management to offset the negativity of some people. Share more about the positive and where the company is heading - not just in emails.

10. "In response"

Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Sales Consultant in Greenwood Village, Arapahoe, CO

I have been working at Advanced Career Tech full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work from any where, beautiful office, great staff, CEO and his dad are great. Open door policy for all.

Cons

If you don't have the work ethic and are a person that gives up easily, stay at home. This job is for big boys.

Advice to Management

Great job. Cutting edge. I don't know many companies that can change their web site on a dime to help customers, But you can.