Advanced Correctional Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Enjoying this company"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse
    Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company makes sure that their employees are taken care of. Upper management has no issue speaking with a "lower tier" employee about an issue. Emailed questions are always answered promptly.
     Dr. Johnson the CEO takes call even when he's on vacation! The Physicians are a phone call away at all times. They are great about educating on an issue that you may know little about.

There is always a custody officer with you while dealing with inmates, unlike working at the state level prison setting.

The pay and benifits are the best in my area.

It is nice knowing that I work for a company that I am not just "a warm body to fill a position".

It is Correctional healthcare. Make sure you do your homework before entering this type of healthcare field. You have to be firm, fair, and consistent at all times.

Cons

I have none at this time. Any concerns I have had during my employeement have been taken care of immediately when brought to a supervisors attention.

Advice to Management

Keep up the great friendly environment. The Providers who educate are my favorite to call on an issue that I am concerned about with a patient.

"Expect excellence"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Pros

This company is dedicated to helping it's clients. Dr. & Mrs. Johnson are the nicest people, and are dedicated to making this a great place/atmosphere to work. The entire office Is amazing with helping when new employees have a question. I can see myself being here for the long haul.

Cons

As crazy as this may sound I have no cons to speak of. This company truly is everything I wanted when looking for a long term career.

Advice to Management

Management is awesome. No advice to give because they want to see us succeed.

Aug 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you very much for the positive review; it is greatly appreciated.

"Horribly Managed"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The pay is good but the amount of unprofessional upper management and poor organization of the entire company is not worth it.

Cons

Family run business that has ill equipped family in all positions of power regardless of the fact that none of them are qualified to do their jobs properly or professionally. If you upset the wrong person you will be fired with no warning even if you have no previous disciplinary action (only plus to this is that you will get unemployment bc there is no documentation that you ever did anything wrong until your termination). There is hardly any training and expectations are unrealistic and ever changing. Don't let the "great place to work" badge fool you. Anyone can receive this "award" and not be a good company to work for.

Advice to Management

Your company is anything but a great place to work. Even your current staff is constantly on edge that they will get fired with no warning or history of discipline.

Aug 14, 2017 – Director of HR

I typically respond to these reviews with honest review and feedback. Unfortunately, it does not appear this review was completed in good faith. This review appears to identify with the corporate... More

"Wouldn't recommend unless your willing to look for another job within a year"

Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Peoria, IL
    Former Employee - Administrative Assistant in Peoria, IL

I worked at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The compensation is great.

Cons

HR enforces every employee to fill out good reviews on glassdoor.
    This is a family based business that only cares about taking care of their own.
    The training is inadequate.
    Trainers were not around for assistance as they were busy with work outside of the company.
    Administration department operates dysfunctionally as the manager has too much on her plate and cannot work with her employees.

Advice to Management

Implement a better training program and don't make up fake reasons to fire employees for your benefit.

Aug 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for the positive words about compensation. We do actively work to pay employees a high rate in exchange for the work that they take ownership over.

HR does not force employees to fill... More

"Regional Nurse Manager"

Current Employee - Manager
    Current Employee - Manager

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Autonomy, responsibility, corporate office support, company does the right thing

Cons

Travel- if you are not used to it, it could be an issue.

Aug 3, 2017 – Director of HR

Thank you for this review. I appreciate the honesty. I'd like to take a moment on your noted Con because it is a very valid point. We try to notify applicants and internal candidates about the travel... More

"Awesome"

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare part-time

Pros

Great staff great boss good pay etc...

Cons

None that i can think of

7. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Peoria, IL
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Peoria, IL

Pros

The Leadership Team is completely in touch with the business. This is by far the most employee friendly company that I have worked in. The culture is amazing, fun people, fun events. Hard working yet laid back. Excellent employee recognition program!

Cons

Growing company which means a lot of people are new and lots of things don’t have a clear process yet so sometimes scrambling to get the correct information. But that is part of the challenge and keeps everyday exciting!

"Physician"

Current Employee - Physician
    Current Employee - Physician

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This company sincerely is about "doing the right thing" for the patients and at the same time, eliminating wasteful spending . Yes, quality of healthcare CAN be improved for less cost by just being prudent and aware . ( i personally go to walmart for my prescriptions!) The CEO is an MD who is double boarded in internal medicine and addiction medicine. His background is critical to the mission of the company. I am proud to work for a company who's mission statement isn't just a marketing tool. The training programs provided by ACH for custody, nursing and practitioners leads the industry.

Cons

There is some travel involved if going to multiple sites

Advice to Management

Keep up the training! Sending out birthday cards, Christmas cards etc., and a robust recognition program really does mean a lot to people.

Mar 8, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

We are delighted by your positive review. We work really hard at providing top notch training for all of our employees and greatly value our recognition program. Thank you for taking the time to... More

"It's Not Work if You Love What You Do!"

Current Employee - QUALIFIED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL in New Albany, IN
    Current Employee - QUALIFIED MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL in New Albany, IN

Pros

They say it’s not work if you love what you do. Well I love what I do and I love ACH. I have worked in the mental health field for almost 20 years and in correctional setting for the past 4 years. I have never worked in any position where I have so much autonomy while feeling so supported by my supervisors in my entire career. I am empowered in my position to grow and make decisions all the while knowing that my supervisor (and corporate staff) has my back. I feel like my thoughts and opinions are heard and valued. The pay and benefits are just icing on the cake.

Cons

While I work daily with medical/nursing staff I am the only QMHP in this area. This limits face to face collaboration with colleagues.

"ACH is a Great Place to Work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

Pros

There is so much support within ACH. I know that if I need assistance, I always have someone to turn to within the company. I feel like I truly "fit" here and have found my niche and the career I was searching for all this time. The people make a huge difference. I have fantastic co-workers and amazing bosses.

Cons

I have very few cons because the company sees our suggestion and constantly works to fulfill our requests. This company truly listens to our opinions and tries to make changes where the employees request, as long as it is in the best interest of our patients and the majority of our staff.

Advice to Management

Management is great. Most managers are very hands-off and don't micromanage. They just expect you to get the work done and as long as you produce the expected results, you are good to go! The standards are set high and it is up to each employee to keep their standards high. Dr. Johnson, Mrs. Johnson, Sherri, and all the VPs do an amazing job of making sure everyone is taken care of and feels like they contribute.

Feb 20, 2017 – Employee Relations Manager

WOW! Thank you for all those kind words regarding your experience working for ACH! Having obtained our Great Place to Work certification by Fortune last year, you are not alone in stating that ACH... More