Advanced Correctional Healthcare Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 114 reviews

4.1
Norman R. Johnson, M.D.
Pros
Cons
  • "you don't get to meet the corporate office you belong to(in 8 reviews)

• "There are no cons of working for this organization(in 4 reviews)

"GREAT place to work!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Peoria, IL

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Outstanding recognition program consistent with the organization's Core Values. Many of the executives are females. Executives promote and support growth of their to their team. Above average compensation. Family owned organization that is very involved in the organization. St. Jude supporter

Cons

There are no cons of working for this organization.

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2018-10-18

November 30, 2018HR Generalist

Thank for your taking the time to write your review! We appreciate the feedback and are so glad you enjoy working at ACH.

"Nurse"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

None that I can think of.

Cons

Insurance benefits too expensive. No support. Medical supply list is limited and they make you jump through hoops to order anything. We can’t even get hand sanitizer or Cavi wipes without it being an issue. It’s ridiculous. I get asked.. is it necessary. Yes!!! To prevent infectious diseases . OSHA 101. The only thing our supervisor cares about is that the hours are covered. Doesn’t matter how or if the manager has already...

Advice to Management

Being a medical vendor that provides healthcare to people in jail, the least you can do is provide hand sanitizers and disinfecting wipes to nurses and medical units. There are no hand sinks in every pod to wash our hands. I know you’re trying to save money being a for profit company, but this is the wrong way to do it.

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2019-03-18

April 9, 2019Director of HR

Thank you for your review. ACH is unable to change facility architecture. If you have any questions or concerns regarding the supply list or quantities at your specific facility, please give us a call at the corporate office and we'd be happy to discuss.

"No due process given for alleged policy violations"

Former Employee - Site Medical Director in Manitowoc, WI

I worked at Advanced Correctional Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

One day relevant CME conferences given three times a year. Job orientation and support good.

Cons

Difficult to schedule time off. At will employment contract. No due process given for any policy violations.

Advice to Management

Be honest and upfront with employees. Give employees a right for due process.

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2019-02-19

March 13, 2019Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. At the current time, our attendance policy does request at least two weeks' notice for taking paid time off in order to comply with contractual coverage requirements. At certain times and depending on the situation, notice time may be decreased. We ...

4. "Lpn"

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time

Pros

None worth mentioning. My supervisor is nice but can’t change anything

Cons

Not enough hours to complete mountains of paperwork due. Long process to get assistance.

Advice to Management

Stick to the census when supplying staff

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2019-03-07

March 13, 2019Director of HR

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry to hear you feel this way. If there's anything we can do to assist you, please feel free to call any member of management or the corporate office.

5. "I love the job"

Current Employee - Registered Nurse

Pros

Autonomy, working in a correctional setting is unpredictable and is not just a tedious daily job. Good pay.

Cons

Medical benefits are not good

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2018-12-21
  6. "LPN"

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time

Pros

Overall impressed with the company. It’s great that even not working in Illinois, corporate is accessible. Hourly pay is good.

Cons

PTO is almost non existent to employees which is a large disappointment due to the high stress environment we sometimes work in.

Advice to Management

Look at increasing the PTO accrual hours per pay period. I’ve seen other reviews requesting the same.

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2018-12-19

"Good company to work for so far."

Current Employee - Registered Nurse in Chicago, IL

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Decent pay, flexible hours, independent work, interesting clientele with a plethora of unique conditions, challenging clientele / conditions, friendly and helpful jail staff onsite, regional nurse manager is available for questions most anytime and she is exceptionally pleasant to work with.

Cons

Very little training. You will learn alot as you go on your own. Must have good nursing skills and work well independently. Few resources are available clinically onsite.

Advice to Management

A more structured training program would be super beneficial. Also, a more structured, written set of guidelines, as far as requirements to send to corporate office, etc. is needed. I am still being notified of forms that need completed and sent in, but was never given this info in training and have never seen it in any of the provided binders or folders onsite. It leaves the employee feeling frustrated, embarrassed,...

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2018-12-12

March 13, 2019Director of HR

Thank you for taking the time to write a review! We appreciate your feedback, and if there's anything more we can do to assist you, please feel free to call any member of management or the corporate office.

"Great place to work"

Current Employee - Staff RN in Monroe, MI

Pros

Supportive management, great team work.

Cons

I have none at this time

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do for us.

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2018-09-21

October 3, 2018HR Generalist

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We appreciate your feedback and are so glad you are enjoying your time at ACH.

• "Correctional Nurse"

Current Employee - Licensed Practical Nurse

I have been working at Advanced Correctional Healthcare part-time for more than a year

Pros

Wonderful company that really cares about staff as well as patients.

Cons

There are no cons to share.

Advice to Management

Thank you for all you do!!

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2018-08-13

August 27, 2018HR Generalist

This is great to hear. If there is anything we can do to further assist you please feel free to call any member of management or the corporate office. Thank you!

"Site manager has many issues and no one does a thing"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Jackson, MI

I worked at Advanced Correctional Healthcare full-time for more than a year

Pros

Has been a great place to work but nothing done about below situation. It’s a management issue

Cons

Pay can be higher boss drinks asks you to forge paperwork for State checks. calls in regularly covers her own butt with throwing employees under the bus related to jail admin who cover for each other lies does part of her job leaves early often everyone there disappointed and wants new company.

Advice to Management

Check with the managers listen to employees see why they can’t keep staff many policies violated will be taken this issue much much further up the ladder and maybe even further then that

Advanced Correctional Healthcare2018-08-16

August 27, 2018HR Generalist

We are disappointed you did not report these things you claim to have witnessed so those management issues could have been addressed at the time. We will look into the complaints you have raised. Thank you for your review.

Found 114 reviews