Advanced Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Advanced Energy Reviews

Updated Dec 22, 2019

3.1
Advanced Energy President, Chief Executive Officer Yuval Wasserman (no image)
Yuval Wasserman

"Intern"

I have been working at Advanced Energy part-time

Pros

The company has a good work culture

Cons

The growth is not that much

Advanced Energy2018-03-14

"Great place to gain experience and move on."

Current Employee - Test Technician in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Gain experience. Friendly culture. Known Industry name. Great benefits.

Cons

Pay not competitive for long-term. Working hours (12hr shifts and weekends) Limited promotional movement. Do not always feel appreciated.

Advice to Management

Be willing to recognize key employees through higher pay raises, small bonuses, or simply taking time to seek them out and let them know they are doing a good job.

Advanced Energy2017-10-23

"R&D could be great but isn't."

Former Employee - Engineer in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Advanced Energy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Some really great people to work with. Health and vacation benefits are pretty fair. Some flexibility in work schedule. Fun technology to work on. Some sub-cultures are driving change.

Cons

R&D is constant stress and "firefighting". Pushed to cut corners to make dates. Project schedules are a joke. Pushed to "skirt" facts to customers. Good people get frustrated very quickly.

Advice to Management

It seems like the product development process isn't fully understood much less understanding where the bottlenecks are and therefore no one is working on inefficiencies. It is just pushed as go faster go faster so people cheat to get there. There are people in management positions they have no business being in. People are not held accountable for hitting their part of the schedule and no one wants you to "do it right the first time" if it means missing a milestone or ship date. I could go on. The stories I could tell!

Advanced Energy2017-09-21

"Avoid at All Costs"

I worked at Advanced Energy

Pros

If you want to step back in time, work here; Otherwise keep looking.

Cons

I would rate this zero stars if I could. They will make you all kinds of promises and lie to you before you accept the job then renege once you start. They say they want ot attract millenials, but their policies and systems are antiquated. They use travel agents to book travel. TRAVEL AGENTS like from the 1950's. They aren't interested in advancing to the 21st century or streamlining or saving money. They have a bunch of old hags in charge of policy and they get to dictate what goes. Since they've been doing things the same way since 1981 and are mature AF, they don't even consider newer, better ways to do things. And don't get sucked in by the lies they'll try to deceive you with in order to get you to take the job.

Advice to Management

If the Executive Staff keeps people on power trips in the positions to dictate policy that affects employee morale, just because they've been there forever, they don't have the best of the company in mind

Advanced Energy2017-10-12

"Associate"

Former Employee - Associate in New York, NY

I worked at Advanced Energy full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great team to work with. Everyone is dedicated to driving value and advancing the company's mission.

Cons

Can be quite a bit of traveling, but understandably so.

Advice to Management

Try to attain more feedback from employees.

Advanced Energy2017-08-21

"Little Reward"

I worked at Advanced Energy full-time

Pros

Build experience gaps for a career with another company since turnover is so high.

Cons

Low compensation as compared to similar regions. No profit sharing. Middle management lacks vision. No training available for job growth. Lackluster employee recognition programs. Mediocre company Summer picnics. Uses SAP from 1998 release hence, lacks vision for power of technology as a tool for productivity. The list can go on and on.

Advice to Management

Don't brag about having no debts with hundreds of millions in the bank and then not give bonuses to the employees.

Advanced Energy2017-08-04

"Great company"

I have been working at Advanced Energy for more than 3 years

Pros

Growing globally in great industries

Cons

Need to work on continuing to build and improve processes.

Advanced Energy2017-03-31

"Great company"

Current Employee - Engineer III in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

The location is great. I like the work culture respecting each other. Salary is decent. It is a engineering company.

Cons

No bonus. There are not many young people in engineering. The company size is relatively small with small number of employees.

Advanced Energy2017-02-03

"You get out of it what you put in"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Great company to work for. Excellent Pay. Health insurance is VERY low cost to the employees. Yes the hours can be long at times but the company is flexible with a lot of time off. I have never missed a family function because I had to work. Ample opportunities for growth. Many front-line workers have been promoted into upper level positions over the years. These opportunities are not just handed out. They are earned. Work hard, contribute, and avoid the entitlement mentality; you will be successful. You get out of it what you put in.

Cons

Company can be reactionary which is driven by the markets we serve. Management demands agility however has instituted bureaucratic systems virtually guaranteeing we can not be. Deadlines are often unrealistic. As with most companies there are mixed reviews. AE has it's problems but all companies do. Despite the negative reviews, most employees seem to want to stay with AE. Many who leave try to come back. Overall a great place to work!

Advice to Management

Keep up to good work. The focus on employees has improved dramatically in recent years.

Advanced Energy2016-12-09

"Commodity Manager"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Opportunity for personal growth both within departments as well as cross functions. I have been fortunate to be able to advance not only within a department/function but they are also open to letting you transfer other functional areas.

Cons

Sometimes management is slow to recognize employees and allocate resources to projects. The last two years have seen a dramatic improvement in both these areas.

Advice to Management

Keep on with the current progress to how the company is positioned both externally and internally. There has been a dramatic improvement in job satisfaction and personal opportunities over the last two years.

Advanced Energy2016-10-12