Advanced Energy Reviews | Glassdoor

Advanced Energy Reviews

Updated Dec 22, 2019

3.1
Advanced Energy President, Chief Executive Officer Yuval Wasserman (no image)
Yuval Wasserman

"Nice place to work"

I have been working at Advanced Energy

Pros

It is a professionally run company, with a casual, friendly environment. The people are nice to work with, right up to senior management. The company is always improving the way things are done. They do nice things for us. We had a great holiday party and a summer barbeque and everything was done nicely. We have free coffee and fruit. We have other events or celebrations throughout the year, so they try to make it a fun place to work. I feel appreciated. We have a 401k plan with a company match. They offer tuition assistance. There is flexibility for work/life balance. They want our opinions and suggestions and some are actually implemented. There are employee programs that allow employees to show appreciation for each other. If you make a mistake, they are forgiving. There is a women's leadership forum where you can listen to a variety of speakers and learn. There are various employee committees to join so you can make a difference. They will pay for you to attend seminars if you want to continue learning. This is a nice place to work and I am happy working here.

Cons

No company is perfect. Advanced Energy could use some improvement in the area of communication; sometimes people don't share the information they should with the appropriate people. Sometimes things don't happen the way you think they should, but that is anywhere. Sometimes things take too long to get approved. But the pros of working here far outweigh the cons.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to see more promotion opportunities.

Advanced Energy2016-09-27

"Enjoying the Experience So Far"

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time

Pros

Have friendly colleagues who are also very experienced in the field. My manager has been approachable and very accessible form day one. The campus is nice and well maintained too.

Cons

From my understanding to this date, there are no bonuses which more of a downside to some than to others. The training is in more of a do it yourself structure, however, all other engineers have been happy to answer questions.

Advanced Energy2016-09-28
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

4. "Great opportunities in a growing company!"

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Advanced Energy is a great company focused on growth, both in the market and for employees. There are a lot of intelligent, hard-working employees that help drive the company forward.

Cons

It can be a fast paced environment, and you have to be open to changing priorities (which is both a pro and a con).

Advice to Management

Keep recognizing good employees.

"Good Company"

I worked at Advanced Energy full-time

Pros

Good company to start at. Easy work. Friendly Co-Workers.

Cons

Constant fear of being let-go/laid off. Sub-par training. Low pay increases/pay raises.

Advice to Management

Listen to the floor workers, don't hire so many people so quickly just so you can lay them off later.

Advanced Energy2016-09-16
  6. "Nice people - poor pay"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for less than a year

Pros

The work environment is decent depending on the department you work in. The people are helpful and nice. Everyone wants to do a good job.

Cons

There is a culture of fear and mistakes are not tolerated, which is not the impression during the interview stage. The pay program is not competitive. In this day and age who has heard of a company not offering a bonus?!

Advice to Management

Start listening to employees instead of dictating.

Advanced Energy2016-09-27

"Stop Hiring Unqualified People"

Program Manager in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Advanced Energy

Pros

None at this point in time.

Cons

Too much hiring of unqualified people just because someone "knows" someone. For example, hiring a person who has a degree in FASHION!! for an engineering position and then moving them into a development position when they fail miserably at the engineering position. This person is neither qualified nor competent.and brings the level of accomplishment and success down to zero. Check the facts and backgrounds of new hires before bringing someone on board just because they are "acquainted" with someone.

Advanced Energy2016-07-24

"Engineering Technical Specialist"

I worked at Advanced Energy

Pros

The People are Great to work with!

Cons

Several Layoffs while I was there!

Advanced Energy2016-06-01

"Really happy to be here"

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time

Pros

Terrific, knowledgeable, supportive employees in a positive atmosphere. Recent changes (last 2 years) have redirected company's focus in a very good way - people first. Also, compensation is above average and benefits are exceptional. AE has been a part of Fort Collins for a long time and glad I'm here.

Cons

really can't think of anything worth mentioning

Advice to Management

Please continue the current path

Advanced Energy2016-05-06

"Advanced Energy"

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Fast paced environment that offers the opportunity to wear multiple hats and gain experiences that may not be offered in other publicly traded, international companies. Great group of people that allow you to partner cross functionally. Change is a constant. Strong benefit package and the flexible work hours are awesome.

Cons

Work life balance is challenging. No bonus.

Advice to Management

More monetary recognition for lower level employees and managers would go a long way for engagement and encouragement.

Advanced Energy2016-04-26

"Current employee"

Current Employee - Colorado in Fort Collins, CO

I have been working at Advanced Energy full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Great, smart people. People will go the extra mile for co-works and for the customer.

Cons

Advanced Emergency. Every issue seems to be raised to crisis level, so people are often working frantically rather than intelligently.

Advice to Management

Cut down on status updates and crisis mangement, while focusing on our vision and winning.

Advanced Energy2016-04-03