Advanced Health Media Reviews | Glassdoor

Advanced Health Media Reviews

Updated February 14, 2017

Full-time Part-time

1. "Learned a lot- no regrets!"

Former Employee - Director in Denville, NJ
    Former Employee - Director in Denville, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I would definitely say that the employees at AHM worked well together. Most people were more than willing to help others out and no question was stupid. It was rare that we had anyone that was abrasive or hard to work with. Those folks were eventually weeded out.

Cons

Had to make a bit of a fuss to get recognition. I understand things are better now- but before I left they had taken away the 401k match and bonuses. I believe they are reinstated now.

Advice to Management

CEO should take the time to get to know non-executive level employees.

2. "Great Place to work"

Current Employee - New Jersey in New Providence, NJ
    Current Employee - New Jersey in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Advanced Health Media full-time

Pros

This company is a great place to work. Flexible, nice culture, going through a lot of change with their new technology platform. Management is strong, people and team great. Comp, benefits rewards, employee events are very good.

Cons

hard work is required , lots of change going on (not necessarily a bad thing). But need to be willing to work hard and have fun

3. "Great learning experience"

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time

Pros

Opportunity to work in many different capacities at AHM and develop leadership, project management, account services and product development skills.

Cons

Skill levels for roles varied greatly from client to client; operations department undervalued and understaffed; they have not mastered the balance of operations being a shared service as the ability to think outside of standard procedures is not a focal point for planning team, but would be vital as client business rules and needs are very different

Advice to Management

There should be more value placed in the operations and planning teams. It felt that people were considered disposable. More training on brands should be given to operations teams so they would be able to understand the motivation behind speaker programs they were facilitating.

5. "Good Stepping Stone"

Former Employee - Meeting Planner in Union, NJ
    Former Employee - Meeting Planner in Union, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

It was quite some time ago, but when I worked at AHM, it had an awesome group of people. I truly enjoyed my job & going to work every day. At 20 years old, that said a lot. AHM had decent perks such as company events & summer hours. It was great being able to leave early or have a day off during the Summer weeks. Good place to gain experience if you're just starting out.

Cons

Although there was room for advancement, pay was well below average & increases/raises were very small. Wasn't a great company to stick with long term & the turnover proved that.

Advice to Management

Better pay & bonuses would help to keep employees invested longer.

6. "Meeting Planner"

Current Employee - Meeting Planner in New Providence, NJ
    Current Employee - Meeting Planner in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Advanced Health Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good Health Benefits, Friendly Environment, Spacey Office

Cons

Programs and events peak season is really stressful especially if you can't manage your time properly.

Advice to Management

Some incentives for a short-lead programs being planned successfully.

7. "Good experience"

Pros

Technology
    Office atmosphere
    Large agency w experienced pp
    Long tenured staff
    Reg perf reviews

Cons

Management's hyperfocus on time studies and efficiency. Every request for assistance was met with opposition and a request to prove need with pages of documentation. Teams stopped asking for help.

8. "Great opportunity to work with cutting edge technology"

Current Employee - Anonymous in New Providence, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Advanced Health Media full-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a small company you can see the results of your hard work. I am not just a cog in the machine.

Cons

We are growing fast we need more inovative people with specific skills. It takes a while to find the people we need

Advice to Management

Tap into your employees for referrals.

9. "Company Turning Around"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Providence, NJ

I have been working at Advanced Health Media full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Company starting the turn around after a few rough years of management changes and layoffs. Now it's found it's identity and is starting to grow and become exciting again. Management changes and a clear vision are a big plus.

Cons

Trying to be nimble like an SMB but operate with Enterprise responsibilities. Morale still on the mend. Many employees that have been there for a long time are resistant to change.

Advice to Management

Do more to improve office culture than just having "outings". Improve the office environment and re-invest in the employees. Show the people who stuck with it that they matter.

10. "Running in place."

Former Employee - Meeting Planner in New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Meeting Planner in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Without a doubt AHM offers a very good balance between work and life. Nice office and great people to work with.

Cons

Personal growth and promotions are very hard to come by, it seems like they hire from the outside instead of giving exposure within to allow a reasonable climb up the ranks.

Advice to Management

Make clear paths to getting to the next level or at least recognize talent and try to keep it.

11. "A Company with Great Potential"

Former Employee - Project Manager in New Providence, NJ
    Former Employee - Project Manager in New Providence, NJ

I worked at Advanced Health Media full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Compared to its competitors, the team at AHM is polished and professional. The company invests in technology and is always looking for ways to leverage evolving technologies for its clients. The company is a fantastic place for ambitious individuals. It does a fantastic job of recognizing talent and hard work and promoting from within the organization.

Cons

The company constantly faces challenges with staffing. It is often overstaffed and, as a result, has had several reductions in its workforce from 2008 through 2014. The leadership team has not been able to strategically plan for peaks and valleys within the industry in order to minimize drastic changes in its staffing levels.