Advanced Labelworx Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-timePart-time

2.2
Lana Sellers

Sort: PopularRatingDate

"Challenging Work and Great People"

I worked at Advanced Labelworx full-time

Pros

I found a solid entry level opportunity here. After the initial training phase, I was allowed to manage my own projects and workload with occasional opportunities for overtime. From the production floor to the office, this place is filled with great hard working people.

Cons

Being a manufacturing job, the work can get repetitive. In some departments, there is little opportunity for advancement.

Advice to Management

Focus on attracting and retaining skilled employees.

"Worst company I have EVER worked for"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Oak Ridge, TN

I worked at Advanced Labelworx full-time

Pros

They will make an offer that sounds good at first, but fail to mention that you are hired through a temp agency with no benefits and not even guaranteed a position after completing 6 months.

Cons

I unfortunately left a good job to work here due to the "benefits" they say they offer. They supervisors create a very stressful environment by blaming everyone but themselves for their own problems. The work is monotonous and not rewarding. The pay is far from competitive and they don't even offer benefits until you are hired as what they call a "permanent" employee. A supervisor told me they have had people as temps for over a year before which means NO BENEFITS for that entire time. Not worth it. It is one of those jobs that you don't really know how bad it is until you work there, but once you work there it puts into perspective how much better every other job was. There is not room to move up, as every department has only one supervisor, all of which have been working there for several years and couldn't do any better so they stay in that position to keep anyone else from getting it. They wonder why there is such a high turn over rate, but the answer is simple; The management is terrible. Bye Felicia!!!

Advice to Management

Don't lead on hard working people.

"Needs Work To Survive"

Pros

Some very talented folks in middle and upper level management. Drive and ambition are both the strength and weakness of employees here. The business is well established and the market for the product is relatively stable. Many managers/leaders that can make it here, can make it anywhere and some of them go on to open successful businesses of their own. You will gain experience in many roles and areas of business if you can adapt and survive. You must be flexible and juggle many tasks at once.

Cons

Biggest issue - Owner was a venture capitalist with background in finance. The company is run for the dollar today, rather than the three dollars tomorrow. Quick turnover, limited stock, minimal resources, low investment in technology (basically keeping everything as liquid as possible for a quick sale should the market get rocky). High Turnover. Ideas are judged, not weighed on value or merit. A lot of double-handling of projects, tasks and information. Broken chain of command. Constantly evolving structure. Owner has a vision that is not clearly communicated to employees. Most important aspects to ALI are owner image, achieving certain metrics and customer perception rather than work stability, expansion, growth, development and profit. Overall morale, sales, turnover, number of clients and attitude were slowly declining as I was there. If owner can step back, let the talent grow the company, she could dominate the market. Instead, employee perception is chasing the penny while losing the dollar.

Advice to Management

Develop trust that you've hired a person to do a good job. Do not micro-manage. Allow mistakes to be part of growth and council employees rather than eliminating them. You have a large battle to fight outside your walls, so lay the internal mis-trust aside. Your image now is compromising your legacy of tomorrow along with your clients, sales and the talented members of your work force.

"Never Ever Ever Ever Ever"

I worked at Advanced Labelworx full-time

Pros

No pros to working there.

Cons

Poor salary no benefits
    No opportunities no advancement
    Ridiculous assignments busywork
    The most unethical dishonest people I have ever worked for.

Advice to Management

Go to North Korea

"The worst professional experience ever."

Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Greenville, SC
    Former Employee - Sales and Marketing in Greenville, SC

I worked at Advanced Labelworx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

A pay check was given but deducted for all an any reason. Example: you have a car wreck and stuck in traffic that goes against vacation. Doctors appointment : check is docked.

Cons

No vacation
    No communication
    No team work
    No resources to study
    No creativity
    No opinion
    A democracy!

Lie about job ending.

Advice to Management

6. "Fun Job with good people"

Current Employee - Finishing Operator in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Finishing Operator in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Advanced Labelworx full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I was given the opportunity to earn a higher wage by showing my work ethic and technical ability. New bonuses are great when you earn them!

The employees generally all get along and are good people to work with.

Plenty of hours to work with good steady pay.

Management is good, but very busy. They try to stay involved as much as possible with their hectic schedule.

Cons

Sometimes it is tough to get with supervisors and managers- see the hectic schedule above.

Advice to Management

Keep taking care of good people. Try to spend as much time with the employees as possible. Annual reviews and performance bonus opportunities are a great addition

"Good Team, Lots of Opportunities"

Current Employee - Press Operator in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Press Operator in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Advanced Labelworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great managers who really want to mentor you professionally
    Plenty of opportunities to advance or move aroundt he company in different roles
    Challenging work environment
    Stable industry
    Reasonable work hours
    Fun Christmas party and other events- they care about employees

Cons

Can feel like a fire drill sometimes during really busy weeks
    Not good for somebody who doesn't want to work hard and can't multitask

Advice to Management

Keep working on mentorship and professional development focus because that is important.

"Returned To Advanced Labelworx - Leadership Culture!"

Current Employee - Corporate Controller in Oak Ridge, TN
    Current Employee - Corporate Controller in Oak Ridge, TN

I have been working at Advanced Labelworx full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I was given a second opportunity, to join the Advanced Labelworx Team, and I am delighted to be back ! Here are some observations:

The Owner, gave me a great opportunity in 2015, and, another opportunity in 2017!

At ALI, you learn how to be a leader! For example, we typically read a couple of business books each year, which challenges us to think about our philosophies and values. Not many Executives think about or take the time to develop their employees in this manner.

The Owner is Firm, but she is Fair! If you are giving great effort, and, make an honest mistake, you are given time to correct it - after all, everyone is human.

Many of the comments, on this website, about the Owner, are not true, or, are made by mediocre employees, who have not been taught the proper value system -- Employees are supposed to be Assets for the Business and try to add more value than their compensation!

I notice, from review of the current Employee Listing, that the retention rate for ALI, seems relatively high to me. A high percentage of the employees, who were at ALI, upon my joining in 2015, are still there! This must mean that the employees love the challenge, and, those who are making contributions, are being rewarded!

Lastly, remember, those that are tough, like Donald Trump, can make us better people, if we are willing to change!

Cons

None noted!

If you a Sales Person, reading this review, and, you love a challenge, consider giving ALI a chance. At ALI, we need tough individuals, who are creative, persistent, and, have a high attention to detail.

Advice to Management

Stay focused -- with the new Sales Rep's we are going to bring in, we should realize a significant increase in our growth during the next 5 years.

9. "Recent Positive Reviews are Fake: Check the Dates"

I worked at Advanced Labelworx full-time

Pros

There are none at all.

Cons

All these positive fake reviews that showed up recently DO NOT account for the abuse you will go through if you decide to work here. There is nothing enjoyable about it. The positive reviews are fabricated by management to bring up the rating. The employees don't want to get fired so they post at management's will. Don't waste your time here, so many other companies will treat you better and you are worth more than a low salary. You're worth more than this awful company.

Advice to Management

Get rid of Lana and treat your employees better. The end.

"It's All About Perspective"

Current Employee - Finishing Operator in Anderson, SC
    Current Employee - Finishing Operator in Anderson, SC

I have been working at Advanced Labelworx full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Advanced Labelworx I have learned many useful skills that not only will help me in the work field I am in at the moment, but in the future. It has allowed me to obtain better working habits. It has taught me how to time manage. They are generally very flexible when it comes to allowing me to further my education. For the most part it is a friendly environment. I know for a fact in the finishing department we do work as a team to get all of our work done and shipped on time. It is a team effort. And in any place you work at: you get out what you put in.

Cons

I would say there are always some cons to any job that you may have. As far as downsides to this job would probably be some drama and petty things like that. That's just something that comes with a plant job. It can definitely be overlooked. Sometimes it does feel as though your hard work is unnoticed and sometimes not good enough, but I assume that's most places you go. Just got to keep working hard.

Advice to Management

To management I would say to just work together more. Work on communicating. And don't just pass blame when something goes wrong. Work as a team not as opponents.