Advanced Lifeline Services Reviews | Glassdoor

William M Selvidge

"respiratory Therapist"

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Louisville, KY

I worked at Advanced Lifeline Services (More than 10 years)

Pros

good for someone who does not want to work at a hospital

Cons

too many changes in management

Advice to Management

try at all costs to keep managers in place for longer than 1 year

Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Nampa, ID
    Former Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Nampa, ID

I worked at Advanced Lifeline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Guaranteed your work shift. No rotations. Same days a week.

Cons

Horrible management! The company doesn't care about you as a valuable employees. They treat you like a number and cut you lose after all the hard work we all are provided to make them rich.

Advice to Management

The way this company treated all of us employees makes me feel wish that the company will go down soon or later. So much dishonest and mistreatment.

Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Vancouver, WA
    Current Employee - Respiratory Therapist in Vancouver, WA

I have been working at Advanced Lifeline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents is rewarding. Most of the staff seems to appreciate my work ethics.

Cons

Poor management. The manager brings her personal issues to work and takes it out on the staff. I feel like I'm being bullied on her bad days. I feel intimated and afraid to go to work at times.

Advice to Management

The managers need proper training on how to deal with the staff that they are managing as well as the staff that works for the facility.

"the company is good, management not so good"

Former Employee - Certified Respiratory Therapist in Seattle, WA
    Former Employee - Certified Respiratory Therapist in Seattle, WA

I worked at Advanced Lifeline Services part-time

Pros

fair pay, decent benefits, 12 hour shifts, nice scrubs

Cons

generic nametags, poor management, supervisor brings her dog to work, too much negativity at times, orientation reminded me of boot camp

Advice to Management

quit.

"MEDICARE/MEDICAID fraud, no effort to wean off vents, management wanted 4 hrs on vent to get payment"

Current Employee - Rrt in Nampa, ID
    Current Employee - Rrt in Nampa, ID

I have been working at Advanced Lifeline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

nice uniforms, loved the patients

Cons

saw patients as commodity/cash flow

Advice to Management

it is the president and HR who need to leave, cause they support abusive clinical managers

7. "I love working for ALRS."

Pros

I have worked for this company for over 15 years and it was one of the best decisions I ever made! We have an awesome weaning percentile. I do believe that we are one of the rare companies that actually hold their managers accountable. Our President is awesome!

Cons

If you don't like hard work that at the end of the day makes you feel like you have put all your knowledge towards providing optimum care to these vulnerable individuals. Than you perhaps need to apply at local burger stand.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work. Maybe a little less micro managing.

"Department Manager"

Pros

Decent Pay, pretty good autonomy

Cons

Upper management, HR, stability (contractual agreements with SNFs)

Advice to Management

Julie (President of ALRS) needs to step down. She's too temperamental and flares/lashes out at subordinates when suggestions are made. The entire department was laid off 2 months before Christmas. Not a single individual from the upper management came to express appreciation or even explain what was happening. I was notified via an EMAIL that myself and the entire staff were losing our jobs. Never a phone call. Never an effort for a face-to-face meeting. Nothing...until there was a problem that was communicated back to headquarters, and then the usual response was to fire the individual. In fairness, they did give nice "Respiratory Week" gifts and occasional swag which was always appreciated. Furthermore, this company gave me my first opportunity at management, but the communication was so spotty and inconsistent that it felt as though we were set for failure. The bonus program that was touted in my interview was NEVER achieved because the guidelines weren't realistic and the requirements were constantly changed without notice or input from any branch managers. No sour grapes, just reporting what actually happened so the potential employee can make an "eyes wide open" decision about employment with the company.

"Respiratory Therapist"

I worked at Advanced Lifeline Services full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working with the residents was rewarding.

Cons

Poor management. What was expected was always changing.

10. "It was ok for a "job""

Former Employee - Equipment Tech
    Former Employee - Equipment Tech

Pros

pay was good, balanced work and life schedule, fairly easy work. my supervisor was easy to work with and talk to. usually got requested time off. I'm kinda glad that the techs were laid off because it gives the employees a chance to realize all the hard work we did.

Cons

therapist sometimes can try to run you over, you do the work that they're too lazy to do. Supervisor always spoke bad about their therapist behind their backs, discriminated and stereotyped against certain types of people. Management does not care about the employees that work for them

Advice to Management

Make it easier for employees to communicate with upper management if needed

11. "Good to work with patients, but not enough respect from administration."

Pros

Hours are guaranteed, provides uniforms, offers retirement plan. Flow sheets easy to chart on. Electronic clock-in and clock-out. Can transfer to other states and keep same seniority.

Cons

Only one uniform per year. Others may be purchased. Very busy work with difficulty getting away for breaks. May burn out from dealing with long term illnesses, death and occasional poor moods. Difficult to communicate with physicians and administrative matrix.

Advice to Management

Please rehire equipment techs. Perhaps they can be near-grads or new grads. Refining of policy and procedures to more reflect with AARC standards. Employee recognition for excellence and perhaps a newsletter for such as well as any changes, news, and recommended educational opportunities.