Advanced MP Technology Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

2.9
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jeff Yassai

1. "Good progress, Great people"

I have been working at Advanced MP Technology full-time

Pros

Advanced MP provides Electronic components and assemblies to many of the leading players in the industry, so they really understand the extreme level of quality it takes to make customers happy. High quality standards and a really good IT system helps keep things operating smoothly.

Cons

Priorities can shift sometimes before the most recent initiative is even finished. It would be great to feel like something has been completed before tackling the next project

Advice to Management

Celebrate more victories, Increase transparency across teams and strategic direction info from upper management

2. "Account Executive"

Pros

I worked as a sales account executive for a few years and have nothing but positive things to say about this company. The woman that leads the sales team is awesome and she truly wants to see you succeed. She has been in this industry for a number of years so if you have right attitude and are willing to put in the work she will do everything she can to help you. I can't say enough great things about her or this company.

Cons

It is a tough industry to break into but if you work hard at building the right relationships you can make it happen.

3. "Urine Unsatisfactory Company"

Pros

Are you serious? What a joke...

Cons

Executives suck, watch your back!

Advice to Management

Close the company

5. "Excellent Company to work for!"

Current Employee - Global Account Manager in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Global Account Manager in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at Advanced MP Technology full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Management Team, our Sales Manager (a woman) is extremely professional and hard working and a great team player. A huge benefit is that she has worked in sales and been extremely successful so she has a heart for our industry and the sales position.The sales supervisor is a great balance to her hard work and effort and goes out of his way to assist the sales team in making deals happen. He has been in sales, and purchasing so offers a great team work attitude to assist the entire sales organization and company The company Advanced MP's owner is in the office daily to motivate and assist in anyway he can and always has an open door to those that want to speak to him directly. The sales team has many that have been with the company for 10 years plus! Every department works well together which makes for a well oil working machine that makes us extremely successful.

Cons

Any Cons to mention would be our industry is tough, despite building great relationships and the hard working team effort things happen in our industry that are beyond our control. How one handles those troubling times helps to promote them to the customer and the company.

Advice to Management

Keep working hard together - honor those that are loyal and that have been with the company for years and keep up the good work together!

"Easy Paycheck for those with low work ethic"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at Advanced MP Technology (More than a year)

Pros

Great place to work if you have low work ethic or looking an easy paycheck.

Cons

Ridiculously low pay and low-end benefits. Management direction changes daily. Micromanagement is the foundation of the company culture. It makes it difficult to complete your work or actually do the job you are hired for. Company does not trust its managers or employees. There is no senior management support, opportunities for growth, company integrity, or communication from senior management to lower levels of company changes, vision, goals, and forecast. As an employee, you are left completely in the dark. Everything is a secret making it extremely difficult to collaborate between departments.

Advice to Management

Make a decision and stick to it. Trust the people you hired to do their jobs. Communicate with your employees. Share the company goals and organization changes. A simply email announcement will do wonders. Integrity should be engraved in the company culture and core values. It should not be you turn on when someone is looking.

"WARNING"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Advanced MP Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The coworkers were the only thing that I enjoyed about the company.

Cons

When I interviewed with the company, they made it a point to express how much they value their employees, and had awesome training to help you succeed in your position. My training was to sit in front of a computer and watch a slideshow about the company itself and watch sales/purchasing videos that had no relevance to the position I was in. After being employed for some time, they moved me into a different department. I was under the impression that I was receiving a "promotion" but even though I ended up with increased responsibilities and expectations, I never received any formal review after my 90 day probation in the new position, or a monetary increase of any kind. The whole transition was an awful experience. It seemed like management never made any attempt to communicate with each other about my role and i was being bounced and forth between people like a ping-pong ball. After about a month of zero direction, I came to understand that I was working for for an egotistical narcissist who literally put himself higher than God. This high level executive thinks he is quite the philosopher and would make you sit in his office for hours talking about his theories. After pretty much beating you down with his words that made absolutely NO sense at all, he would then proceed to give you a task that would take any normal employee a week to complete and then tell you that he can have it done in five minutes. In addition to his unrealistic expectations of productivity, he would further slow down the process by requesting a check in with him every hour on the hour. This man lives to screw with peoples minds. My favorite quote from this executive is, "I don't trust anyone." The turnover rate with this company is an absolute joke. If you last longer than a year or two, you deserve a metal. Do yourself the favor, and do not waste your time with this.

Advice to Management

Learn to listen to your employees. They don't necessarily need to be "family" in order to have valuable ideas. These people are your bread and butter and should be treated MUCH better than they currently are. Without them, you would fall apart.

"Nepatism rules"

Pros

Nice area to work in, some flexabiltiy

Cons

Nepatism rules. Poor benefits, not even direct deposit. Barely a 401K. Employer constantly mistrusting employees by snooping and non trusting of staff efforts and loyalty. Don't set you staff up for failure.

Advice to Management

Back your employees, treat them like you appreciate them and not like they are a liability. Stop spying on your loyal employees and have some trust and loyalty in them as they do for you. IT department in need of a real CTO. Focus on clear communication skills when you hire.

9. "Management wants to see you succeed, not only for money, but because they seem to genuinely care about their employees."

Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Clemente, CA
    Former Employee - Sales Account Executive in San Clemente, CA

I worked at Advanced MP Technology full-time (More than a year)

Pros

My boss, ST, taught me excellent leadership skills, how to interact with people, and how to push past my insecurities.

Cons

Money is the major focus of this company and sometimes it shows.

Advice to Management

Thank you for your efforts to make me a better, more rounded employee. You took care to talk to me and make sure that I had my needs met.

10. "A Great Company"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at Advanced MP Technology full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

-Secure, stable, reliable with 34+ years of experience
    -Beautiful building and location
    -All supplies & equipment needed for business are provided
    -In depth training provided
    -Room for growth & opportunity for advancement
    -An industry leader; currently recognized as #1
    -Healthcare, Dental & Vision Coverage
    -401K Retirement Plan
    -Paid vacation, sick leave and holiday benefits

Cons

-no direct deposit
    -the sales department is over compensated

Advice to Management

Commission on a sale should be distributed among all the people involved in completing that transaction...not just given solely to that sales person because each transaction is a TEAM effort.

11. "Very Satisfied as a new employee"

Current Employee - Account Manager in San Clemente, CA
    Current Employee - Account Manager in San Clemente, CA

I have been working at Advanced MP Technology full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Management is there for you when you need them. Hands on ownership with the owners showing up daily. Marketing team that follows through on request and puts great promotions together. Great diverse group of employees that are willing to help new hires. 2 month training program to teach new hires about the electronic industry.

Cons

The only negative that I can think of is the Cost for PPO insurance. If you stick with HMO it is very reasonable.

Advice to Management

It would be nice to have wireless headsets for phone calls. Our chairs need to be replaced.