Advanced Medical Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Recruiter

3.1
Jennifer Fuicelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company culture is positive, fun, and those who care about doing well typically do (in 10 reviews)

• Great work environment to be in and culture is great (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Have very very high turnover rates (in 10 reviews)

• If they don't like you, you won't get an new hires or any new people in your name (in 5 reviews)

1. "I love my job"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The office atmosphere is great, the money is uncapped, and they day flies by. I like my boss too.

Cons

It is a hard job. That is not a joke. But they make that clear in the interview.

Advice to Management

Give us more time to book our first 3 travels if our pipeline is look good. I took longer but was scared I was going to lose my job the whole time. Luckily I did not.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

The company’s goal is to provide opportunity while fostering a positive atmosphere, we are happy to hear this has been your experience. Thank you for your feedback on our Recruiter goals. We do... More

2. "Awesome Culture"

Former Employee - Recruiter in Noblesville, IN
    Former Employee - Recruiter in Noblesville, IN

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Work hard play hard at Advanced. The company provided all the tools to succeed. If you have a poor work ethic and a bad attitude you will not last at Advanced.

Cons

No benefits for 90 days.

Advice to Management

Keep weeding out the low hanging fruit, and keep up the hard work plus fun culture.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for taking the time to tell us how things are going in our Indiana office! Great culture is sometime we strive for and will continue to make a priority.

3. "Recruiter"

Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Healthcare Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great culture with awesome people who are my best friends and new family. The office environment is really cool and positive.

Cons

Work hard play hard. Is that a con? If you don't want to try and work hard this isn't the place for you.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

Thanks for the shout out! We know the Recruiter’s job is a hard one, THANK YOU for being part of our team! #Advancedfam is the real deal!

4. "Amazing Place!"

Current Employee - Mentor and Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Mentor and Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Advanced is the best decision I ever made! This job is hard, but if you work hard and you take advantage of the management and how helpful they are you will go farther than you ever imagined! Our office has the coolest environment and I can't even believe how lucky I am to have been introduced to this AMAZING company. Give Advanced a chance! You won't regret it!

Cons

NONE! Seriously. You're the only person who can stand in your way.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

We appreciate the fantastic feedback. It’s employees like you that make Advanced a great place to work! Thanks for being wonderful brand ambassador.

5. "Terrible company / do not waste your time"

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent base salary
    Insurance after 90 days (if you make it that long)

Cons

Management is atrocious in the Broomfield office. The company has managers in place who have no idea what they are doing at all and who have zero management experience. I was with the company for over a year and I must have seen at least 40+ recruiters come and go out of that office. The turnover rate is well above 90% even though they lie about that number to prospective employees. There are only 4-5 out of 40ish employees in that particular office who have been there 3+ years. Everyone leaves or gets let go due to "performance". The company sets unrealistic goals that are completely unobtainable. When I was an employee, there was only one recruiter in 15 months who actually hit the required 12+ TOA at their year mark. That's a serious company/mgmt issue if you only have 1 person out of 40-50 current or previous recruiters hitting goal. The company treats their employees as an expendable revolving door. Not to mention the CEO is non existent. She works in the same office with everyone and never said one word or addressed the company in the entire year I was there. She's so aloof she probably has no idea how terrible the office is.

Advice to Management

Please seek management training and set actual realistic goals for your employees

Aug 14, 2017 – VP of Allied Sales

First, I would like to apologize for my belated reply. I want to thank you for your feedback; however, I am very sorry to hear that your experience with Advanced didn’t match our purpose of being the... More

6. "Worst Place to work"

Current Employee - Recruiter in Noblesville, IN
    Current Employee - Recruiter in Noblesville, IN

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

None, worst place to work if you are a recruiter

Cons

Low pay, poor benefits. Horrible leads, poor management. High turnover. Most people are yes people, just say yes and suck up and you will be fine. The pay is so low.

Advice to Management

Get new management

Aug 14, 2017 – Employer Representative

We understand that the Recruiting role is not for everyone and has aggressive sales metrics that do allow for uncapped commission. That being said, Advanced is constantly working to enhance the... More

"Challenging but rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely supportive staff. Culture is light and fun.

Cons

As with any sales job, you are expected to make things happen and you have a specific amount of time do it. If you work hard and stay focused, you can be successful. This job is not for the self-doubters. You must have a positive mindset and be willing to do the grunt work for the first year. Once you've surpassed the 1 year mark, you're golden! This job has made so many things possible for me and my family. I am happy that I stuck to it!

Advice to Management

Stay present. We all know you are super busy but we love seeing and hearing from you. We really love the 'pop-in' training sessions; they are refreshing to the Sr. recruiters and inspiring to the newest recruiters.

May 30, 2017 – VP of Employee Relations

Thank you for writing this review. It is important for our new recruiters to hear these success stories and there are many. You stuck to it and are golden! Oh, and the 'pop-in' training sessions are... More

8. "Nurse Recruiter"

Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Nurse Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Can make a lot of money.
    Gained better communication skills.

Cons

Upper management is not involved. Team leads act supportive but only want you to make them money. Don't give you enough time to understand position and get good at it. Have very very high turnover rates.

Advice to Management

Be more involved and make employees feel wanted, not just there to make you money.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employer Representative

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do appreciate you outlining the pros. The Recruiter role is a challenging role and the reward is our uncapped commission plan! Thank you for... More

9. "Classless company culture where the average length of employment is about 4-5 months"

Former Employee - Recruiter
    Former Employee - Recruiter

I worked at Advanced Medical (Less than a year)

Pros

Potential to make a lot of money. The ability to impact the lives of people all across the country over the telephone. Hospitable and modern office with a lot of quality people.

Cons

On the hot seat from day one. The rules are different for everyone depending on how much your boss likes you. They are subject to change at any time and you will most likely be fired for things beyond your control. Rampant drinking, drug use and fraternization between employees at work. Very cliquey and your job relies on you worshiping your supervisor and jumping through unnecessary hurdles.

Advice to Management

Do not allow one person to have so much unchecked power. More checks and balances on what is really going on in the office. Level the playing field. Treat your employees with some dignity and respect.

Aug 14, 2017 – Employer Representative

Thank you for your review, suggestions and recognizing the pros. There is a lot of opportunity to make great money! The management team works to provide everyone with the same opportunity and... More

10. "You have 3-4 months - Advanced Travel Nursing"

Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Sacramento, CA
    Former Employee - Travel Nurse Recruiter in Sacramento, CA

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Co workers were great to work with, laid back dress code. Managers in our office were great mentors and knew what they were doing compared to other corp people.

Cons

You have no time to learn and grow into a better recruiter. If you don't get a little luck in the beginning they will let you go after 3-4 months due to not meeting metrics. Corp people in FL make all the decisions, managers in the offices have no say on your tenure with the company. Rise Medical should have never merged with Advanced. You have to live off of a high margin as a new recruiter which puts you at a disadvantage immediately, as other nurses know a diff company will offer them more money and perks. Nurses and hospitals also didnt know who Advanced Travel Nursing was which greatly affected them wanting to look at our candidates. You also got "job notifications" hours after other companies and by the time you submitted there was 5-10 other candidates. This is very key in travel nursing, trying to be one of the top submissions. You also have to make 100 legit calls min to get leads the next day, those leads 90% of the time would be old, completely wrong, or someone you couldnt staff or wasnt even a nurse.

Advice to Management

Develop a true training program, spend less on a failed marketing plan or make it a lot better, work less on margins and let your recruiters feel more free. You showed no care for employee wellness, nor did you give us the tools to succeed. Make people actually feel good about coming to work and less about them worried about getting let go. If someone is showing true progress in other metrics leading to possible placements let them grow and improve, instead of cutting them off immediately.

May 30, 2017 – VP of Employee Relations

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. There certainly are growing pains with acquiring and merging companies. We are working through many items and making progress every day. Your... More