Advanced Medical Senior Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Recruiter

3.7
Jennifer Fuicelli

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • The company culture is positive, fun, and those who care about doing well typically do (in 10 reviews)

• Great work environment to be in and culture is great (in 7 reviews)

Cons
  • Have very very high turnover rates (in 10 reviews)

• If they don't like you, you won't get an new hires or any new people in your name (in 5 reviews)

1. "Amazing Place!"

Current Employee - Mentor and Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Mentor and Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Working at Advanced is the best decision I ever made! This job is hard, but if you work hard and you take advantage of the management and how helpful they are you will go farther than you ever imagined! Our office has the coolest environment and I can't even believe how lucky I am to have been introduced to this AMAZING company. Give Advanced a chance! You won't regret it!

Cons

NONE! Seriously. You're the only person who can stand in your way.

Advanced Medical Response

Aug 14, 2017 – Employment Experience Manager!

We appreciate the fantastic feedback. It’s employees like you that make Advanced a great place to work! Thanks for being wonderful brand ambassador.

2. "Terrible company / do not waste your time"

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Decent base salary
    Insurance after 90 days (if you make it that long)

Cons

Management is atrocious in the Broomfield office. The company has managers in place who have no idea what they are doing at all and who have zero management experience. I was with the company for over a year and I must have seen at least 40+ recruiters come and go out of that office. The turnover rate is well above 90% even though they lie about that number to prospective employees. There are only 4-5 out of 40ish employees in that particular office who have been there 3+ years. Everyone leaves or gets let go due to "performance". The company sets unrealistic goals that are completely unobtainable. When I was an employee, there was only one recruiter in 15 months who actually hit the required 12+ TOA at their year mark. That's a serious company/mgmt issue if you only have 1 person out of 40-50 current or previous recruiters hitting goal. The company treats their employees as an expendable revolving door. Not to mention the CEO is non existent. She works in the same office with everyone and never said one word or addressed the company in the entire year I was there. She's so aloof she probably has no idea how terrible the office is.

Advice to Management

Please seek management training and set actual realistic goals for your employees

Aug 14, 2017 – VP of Allied Sales

First, I would like to apologize for my belated reply. I want to thank you for your feedback; however, I am very sorry to hear that your experience with Advanced didn’t match our purpose of being the... More

"Challenging but rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely supportive staff. Culture is light and fun.

Cons

As with any sales job, you are expected to make things happen and you have a specific amount of time do it. If you work hard and stay focused, you can be successful. This job is not for the self-doubters. You must have a positive mindset and be willing to do the grunt work for the first year. Once you've surpassed the 1 year mark, you're golden! This job has made so many things possible for me and my family. I am happy that I stuck to it!

Advice to Management

Stay present. We all know you are super busy but we love seeing and hearing from you. We really love the 'pop-in' training sessions; they are refreshing to the Sr. recruiters and inspiring to the newest recruiters.

May 30, 2017 – VP of Employee Relations

Thank you for writing this review. It is important for our new recruiters to hear these success stories and there are many. You stuck to it and are golden! Oh, and the 'pop-in' training sessions are... More

"Interested in Recruiting? This Company is for you!"

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my time at Advanced, I have received amazing support from my Sales Manager and the corporate office. They have invested in each of the recruiters and offer ongoing training. Being a recruiter, I have learned so many techniques to become better at my job. The focus here is on supporting each recruiter to be his or her best while also focusing on making sure we are not merely sales people, but focusing on providing the best experience for each therapist we work with on a day to day basis. The opportunities for advancement are also very present in this growing company. I'm impressed by the vision of our CEO and leaders. This company has expanded dramatically over the past 28 years in the industry. We have offices in Florida, Colorado, Portland, Sioux Falls, and more to come. The emphasis is on a positive, respectful, and disciplined work culture. My co-workers are incredibly positive and supportive people. They also work very hard. It has been a fun atmosphere to work on in which positive gains are rewarded and highlighted and set backs are viewed as learning opportunities in which tools are given to become better. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a positive work culture, room for advancement, a great supportive management team, and not afraid to work hard.

Cons

The job as a recruiter is difficult at times as you need to constantly be keeping your foot on the gas pedal. However, this job can provide great rewards for anyone willing to work hard and has strong communication skills.

Advice to Management

Nothing! Keep on supporting your recruiters and providing opportunities for professional growth and on-going training. All of which we receive now. Keep it up!

Apr 7, 2017 – VP of Employee Relations

Thank you for your time to write this review. We are thrilled that you enjoy your job and management. We rely on our Advanced family members to keep us moving forward and we are open to suggestions... More

"Senior Therapy Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome environment to work in and very laid back place to work. I absolutely love my job and the therapist I book on travel contract opportunities. AMPS has become my family both recruiters and my travelers.

Cons

At the end of the day this is still a sales jobs and goals and numbers need to be met. Not everyone who works here understands that and because travel contract work is so fast paced it takes hard work, multitasking and an open mind. Don't recreate the wheel. We are here to succeed individually and as a team together!

Advice to Management

Love that in the last year recruiters are more involved in decisions that are made and that our opinions and suggestions about day to day operations are acknowledged. Even with growth it's important that all levels remain involved and up to date.

Apr 7, 2017 – VP of Employee Relations

We are thrilled to hear that you love your job. The recruiter role is not easy but you clearly are up for the challenge. We value your hard work and opinion.

6. "Senior Therapy Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive Management, Great Culture, Employees are very helpful and want everyone to succeed.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone, there is turnover but this is strictly due to people not hitting their goals, this is a difficult position as it is sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up the constant coaching and help, it's super beneficial!

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Lots of team building, cool office, cool people. It is a loud environment which I like but others may not. Met some of my best friends here.

Cons

Turnover turnover turnover. Unnecessary expansions, not enough leads, forgetting who got them to where they are and in turn needlessly hiring as many people as possible.

Advice to Management

Focus on the core staff rather than relying on new people to carry the weight.

"Terrible"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

nice people and environment, great location

Cons

Basically telemarketing. Calling same people repeatedly and a handful are not even in medical field or retired. No future at all here. They fire very easily

Advice to Management

Get better leads and change system. Its really a joke, this isn't recruiting

"Therapy Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Free candy all over the place, adjustable desks, generally nice people who work there.

Cons

HIGH turnover, unscrupulous business practices, ridiculously LOUD environment where you can't hear yourself think, immature locker-room type atmosphere...

"AMAZING company with tons of potential to make GREAT MONEY!!!"

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Base Salary plus Comission
    -friendly and professional staff and management
    -hand feeds the tools necessary to SUCCEED
    -FUN AND POSITIVE work environment
    -uncapped potential financial income

There is no other job better than this. I have been with this company for 7months. The first week of training can be overwheliming at first, but once you sit and start making calls and connecting with people, then the sky is the limit. Management does EVERYTHING they can to help you succeed and be the best recruiter, but unfortunately, this is job is not for everyone. Its sad to see the negative reviews obviously from people that did not make the cut, which is fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it is unethical to bash management and the company because you simply did not fit for the job. Being a recruiter is hardwork, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.You MUSTput in the time and effort in order to do well and if you do (as i am starting to see now) the money that can be made is ridiculous!! Some of the therapist I have personally booked are not only employees but my friends and that what makes this job great!!

Our corparate managemnt trainer is fantastic. She puts her full heart and soul into wanting everyone to succeed and do well. Not only does she care so much for the new hires to do well, but she is VERY HARDWORKING and willing to go out of her way to listen to you and help you with anything you need help with. She is, hands down, the best in the business.

Another positive part about this Company is the office environment. It is a super fun and positive environment. All the senior recruiters are ALWAYS wanting to help the newer recruiters whenever help is needed because they too knew what it was like being new to this and knows it can be difficult and intimidating. It is WONDERFUL thing knowing that everyone there has your back when you start to get discourged. Everyone in the office are like family and we want everyone to do well.

There are many many other great things about this company. Just understand that it is hard work and not a good fit for everyone. If you are a money motivated, positive, confident and professional individual then this is the job for you!! In 7months of working here, I can truly say that i have finally found my Career that i have a TRUE PASSION for and LOVE!

Cons

-hard work
    -many, many, many calls

There are not many cons about this job other than the work you need to put in and all the calls you have to make. The process works. If you put the time in meaning coming in early and staying late, it will all pan out. Think of it this way, the more calls the more connections you make. The more connections you make the more travelers you'll find. The more travelers you find the more bookings you'll have. The more bookings you have the more money you'll make! This is a numbers and people business. If you can't toughen it out, make the calls and connect with people, you WILL NOT succeed. It is that simple.

Advice to Management

Keep being great!