Advanced Medical Senior Therapy Recruiter Reviews | Glassdoor

Senior Therapy Recruiter

4.0
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Jennifer Fuicelli

Pros
  • The company culture is positive, fun, and those who care about doing well typically do (in 11 reviews)

• The work life balance is wonderful, best I have ever had (in 4 reviews)

Cons
  • High turnover so if you're someone who doesn't love challenges and isn't competitive, this company is not for you (in 7 reviews)

• If they don't like you, you won't get an new hires or any new people in your name (in 5 reviews)

1. "Challenging but rewarding"

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Extremely supportive staff. Culture is light and fun.

Cons

As with any sales job, you are expected to make things happen and you have a specific amount of time do it. If you work hard and stay focused, you can be successful. This job is not for the self-doubters. You must have a positive mindset and be willing to do the grunt work for the first year. Once you've surpassed the 1 year mark, you're golden! This job has made so many things possible for me and my family. I am happy that I stuck to it!

Advice to Management

Stay present. We all know you are super busy but we love seeing and hearing from you. We really love the 'pop-in' training sessions; they are refreshing to the Sr. recruiters and inspiring to the newest recruiters.

"Interested in Recruiting? This Company is for you!"

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Sioux Falls, SD

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

During my time at Advanced, I have received amazing support from my Sales Manager and the corporate office. They have invested in each of the recruiters and offer ongoing training. Being a recruiter, I have learned so many techniques to become better at my job. The focus here is on supporting each recruiter to be his or her best while also focusing on making sure we are not merely sales people, but focusing on providing the best experience for each therapist we work with on a day to day basis. The opportunities for advancement are also very present in this growing company. I'm impressed by the vision of our CEO and leaders. This company has expanded dramatically over the past 28 years in the industry. We have offices in Florida, Colorado, Portland, Sioux Falls, and more to come. The emphasis is on a positive, respectful, and disciplined work culture. My co-workers are incredibly positive and supportive people. They also work very hard. It has been a fun atmosphere to work on in which positive gains are rewarded and highlighted and set backs are viewed as learning opportunities in which tools are given to become better. I highly recommend this company to anyone looking for a positive work culture, room for advancement, a great supportive management team, and not afraid to work hard.

Cons

The job as a recruiter is difficult at times as you need to constantly be keeping your foot on the gas pedal. However, this job can provide great rewards for anyone willing to work hard and has strong communication skills.

Advice to Management

Nothing! Keep on supporting your recruiters and providing opportunities for professional growth and on-going training. All of which we receive now. Keep it up!

Advanced Medical Response

Apr 7, 2017 – VP of Employee Relations

Thank you for your time to write this review. We are thrilled that you enjoy your job and management. We rely on our Advanced family members to keep us moving forward and we are open to suggestions ... More

"Senior Therapy Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Lead Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Lead Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Awesome environment to work in and very laid back place to work. I absolutely love my job and the therapist I book on travel contract opportunities. AMPS has become my family both recruiters and my travelers.

Cons

At the end of the day this is still a sales jobs and goals and numbers need to be met. Not everyone who works here understands that and because travel contract work is so fast paced it takes hard work, multitasking and an open mind. Don't recreate the wheel. We are here to succeed individually and as a team together!

Advice to Management

Love that in the last year recruiters are more involved in decisions that are made and that our opinions and suggestions about day to day operations are acknowledged. Even with growth it's important that all levels remain involved and up to date.

Advanced Medical Response

Apr 7, 2017 – VP of Employee Relations

We are thrilled to hear that you love your job. The recruiter role is not easy but you clearly are up for the challenge. We value your hard work and opinion.

5. "Senior Therapy Recruiter"

Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Current Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Supportive Management, Great Culture, Employees are very helpful and want everyone to succeed.

Cons

This job isn't for everyone, there is turnover but this is strictly due to people not hitting their goals, this is a difficult position as it is sales.

Advice to Management

Keep up the constant coaching and help, it's super beneficial!

"Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great work environment. Lots of team building, cool office, cool people. It is a loud environment which I like but others may not. Met some of my best friends here.

Cons

Turnover turnover turnover. Unnecessary expansions, not enough leads, forgetting who got them to where they are and in turn needlessly hiring as many people as possible.

Advice to Management

Focus on the core staff rather than relying on new people to carry the weight.

"Terrible"

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time

Pros

nice people and environment, great location

Cons

Basically telemarketing. Calling same people repeatedly and a handful are not even in medical field or retired. No future at all here. They fire very easily

Advice to Management

Get better leads and change system. Its really a joke, this isn't recruiting

"Therapy Recruiter"

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
    Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO

Pros

Free candy all over the place, adjustable desks, generally nice people who work there.

Cons

HIGH turnover, unscrupulous business practices, ridiculously LOUD environment where you can't hear yourself think, immature locker-room type atmosphere...

"AMAZING company with tons of potential to make GREAT MONEY!!!"

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

-Base Salary plus Comission
    -friendly and professional staff and management
    -hand feeds the tools necessary to SUCCEED
    -FUN AND POSITIVE work environment
    -uncapped potential financial income

There is no other job better than this. I have been with this company for 7months. The first week of training can be overwheliming at first, but once you sit and start making calls and connecting with people, then the sky is the limit. Management does EVERYTHING they can to help you succeed and be the best recruiter, but unfortunately, this is job is not for everyone. Its sad to see the negative reviews obviously from people that did not make the cut, which is fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it is unethical to bash management and the company because you simply did not fit for the job. Being a recruiter is hardwork, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.You MUSTput in the time and effort in order to do well and if you do (as i am starting to see now) the money that can be made is ridiculous!! Some of the therapist I have personally booked are not only employees but my friends and that what makes this job great!!

Our corparate managemnt trainer is fantastic. She puts her full heart and soul into wanting everyone to succeed and do well. Not only does she care so much for the new hires to do well, but she is VERY HARDWORKING and willing to go out of her way to listen to you and help you with anything you need help with. She is, hands down, the best in the business.

Another positive part about this Company is the office environment. It is a super fun and positive environment. All the senior recruiters are ALWAYS wanting to help the newer recruiters whenever help is needed because they too knew what it was like being new to this and knows it can be difficult and intimidating. It is WONDERFUL thing knowing that everyone there has your back when you start to get discourged. Everyone in the office are like family and we want everyone to do well.

There are many many other great things about this company. Just understand that it is hard work and not a good fit for everyone. If you are a money motivated, positive, confident and professional individual then this is the job for you!! In 7months of working here, I can truly say that i have finally found my Career that i have a TRUE PASSION for and LOVE!

Cons

-hard work
    -many, many, many calls

There are not many cons about this job other than the work you need to put in and all the calls you have to make. The process works. If you put the time in meaning coming in early and staying late, it will all pan out. Think of it this way, the more calls the more connections you make. The more connections you make the more travelers you'll find. The more travelers you find the more bookings you'll have. The more bookings you have the more money you'll make! This is a numbers and people business. If you can't toughen it out, make the calls and connect with people, you WILL NOT succeed. It is that simple.

Advice to Management

Keep being great!

"Great Company!"

Former Employee - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL

I worked at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team environment. Excellent work life balance. Ongoing training and development. A lot of money to be made there (just expect to get base only for the first few months as you are initially starting out). Loved the management style, they were hands on in training and making sure you hit your goals but also gave you the freedom to run your desk as if it was your own business. They expect results but they give you all the tools to get there. It's hard work but it definitely pays off! If personal situations did not require me to move, I would still be there today. Would definitely recommend!

Cons

turnover was high at certain points but as I was leaving they were putting into place a more advanced training and development program to help eliminate this as much as possible in the future.

"Don't tell those positive reviews fool you- they are from IT!"

I have been working at Advanced Medical full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The only benefits of working here are the free coffee/ tea bar and holidays off. Training is done very poorly and read off a PowerPoint and she barely been with the company for a year. (Not a pro but there not any and I had to wrote something)

Cons

Worst company ever! They want you to think that if you work hard you can succeed but it's false. All you are doing is helping senior management with leads and once they think your almost at your 3 month mark they will fire you. Senior management is a joke they come in late every day and late a million smoke breaks during the day and constantly leave early. You are the one busting your butt marking a 100 calls and getting new hires. Senior management is just there to socialize. The turnover ratio is about 95%!!!! Everyone walks around on eggshells and every week at least 1 person gets fired! Good luck to any one who's hired! You might last 2 weeks or 2 months.

Advice to Management

Get new management!!! Because the management you have is lazy! This is not a company!!