Advanced Medical Employee Reviews about "therapists"

Updated May 24, 2018

Found 10 of over 223 reviews

4.0
Advanced Medical CEO Jennifer Fuicelli (no image)
Jennifer Fuicelli
Pros
  • "I have been traveling since 2006 and have been with 1 other company(in 15 reviews)

• "Great company culture (monthly potlucks, after work events, etc(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No PTO and there are other companies providing it to travelers(in 14 reviews)

• "The goal is to book as many therapists in travel contract positions as possible(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Reviews about "therapists"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 4.0
      Current Employee, more than 1 year

Senior Recruiter

Sep 1, 2015 - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

AMPS really cares about each employees work/life balance. Also, there is room to grow both professionally and financially for each employee! The training process is very good and each new recruiter has the ability to succeed starting on day 1!

Cons

some of the days can be very long if you are not connecting with therapists, but that is sales!

Be the first to find this review helpful
    2. 1.0
      Current Contractor

TRAVEL THERAPISTS - BEWARE!!!

Feb 25, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

they tell you so many wonderful lies to get you to take an assignment with them... so maybe this isn't a "pro"

Cons

lies. lies. lies. i have worked for several travel therapy companies in the past and loved the years i spent working with them. although i had been warned about advanced in the past, i decided to take on a contract bc of the location. MISTAKE. i now understand why i should have listened to the advice i'd received to "steer clear" of this company. to those considering a job as a traveling therapist with this company, DON'T. please take my advice, as an experienced traveler. there are so many better companies out there that will won't lie to you, and you will make the money they promise to you. i traveled for 4 1/2 years before taking a position with them. my first job out of grad school paid $500 more per week than this one, and even that was considered low for a travel job. what they told me i would be making isn't even close to what they have been paying me. they apparently use some kind of fine print voodoo math to calculate your check. this company is a complete scam. most other companies will also provide your health insurance at no additional cost, or at a very low rate. NOT ADVANCED. you could get a comparable plan on the open market for a lot less. it's horrible what they do to their travelers. take my advice - go elsewhere.

13 people found this review helpful
    3. 2.0

Sad

May 24, 2018 - Recruiter in Jacksonville, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

The coworkers are helpful to an extent.

Cons

I’m really sorry but the database utilized is extremely outdated. It is nice to have everything in one database but after calling through my list of close to 1k therapists- I was told that I have to do it again to hit my call numbers. These poor candidates have been called multiple multiple times over years and you become an annoying telemarketer. Some information was also given to me that leads were given to senior staff and this allowed for none of the newer people to gain traction despite hitting the requirements given to them. The only individuals doing well have been there years, and that’s awesome however many many new people have left recently- that’s not a reflection on the new people, that’s a reflection on how the company treats the new people.

4 people found this review helpful

Director of People Operations

We're disappointed to hear your time with Advanced wasn't as expected. We assure you that leads are distributed equally. Our goal is to give each new Career Consultant the tools and leads so they may create their own success story and become a tenured employee.

4. 2.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

Senior Recruiter

Oct 15, 2014 - Senior Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

Fantastic CEO Jenn Fuicelli who understands the importance and strives to create a culture condusive for long term success. Tenured recruiters are helpful and willing to assist as needed.

Cons

Senior management significantly lacks training skills and materials to increase employee retention. Although a small family firm with less than 20 employees in CO branch, I noticed more turnover in this company than any other call center with 100+ employees. Lack of transparency and honesty during recruiting process with candidates lead to dissatisfied health professionals seeking other travel therapy companies who deliver on what they promise. Too many variables (internal and external) that dictate whether your candidate gets interviewed or not. They post fake job listings for health professionals in desired locations only to have us recruiters inform therapist they were recently closed when in reality the job opening never existed. As with any career be sure to complete your due diligence before interview.

6 people found this review helpful
    5. 1.0
      Former Contractor, more than 1 year

Not recommended

Aug 8, 2017 - SLP
      Business Outlook

Pros

traveling, learning new facilities, meeting new people

Cons

I had a terrible experience working for Advanced. They were not clear at all regarding details of pay, reimbursement, etc. My first contract was cut short and I had to find additional work on my own, because my recruiter did not clarify/solidify my end date with the facility as he was supposed to and did not follow up about additional work for me. My second 12 week contract was cut short to a week and a half after I drove almost 2,000 miles across country for the job. The recruiter said that I would have additional work at other facilities, however, this fell through as well. They were not aggressive in helping me find work and did not follow up with me at all. I am extremely disappointed and feel like they did not care about me as a therapist at all. Also, I did not receive any reimbursement for licensing, PPD, etc. even after turning in receipts. So, I will have to call them again to address this. Needless to say, I lost a lot of money working for them and would not recommend them to anyone.

1 person found this review helpful
    6. 2.0

Senior Therapy Recruiter

Apr 23, 2015 - Anonymous Employee
      Business Outlook

Pros

There is tremendous potential in earnings for recruiters, which is/was very appealing for the position. The uncapped commission truly is a real benefit and can be very fruitful to one's financial standings. Some of the other "pro's" would include a somewhat relaxed work environment as well as the occasional "Beer 30" once every few weeks. I will say that therapists are treated very well and they tend to be very successful and because they are traveling, their work is very fruitful and they make very good money. I would recommend Advanced Medical to any therapist!

Cons

Objectively, there are 'cons' that make it very difficult to become very successful in the time allotted to do so. The office politics make it very, very difficult to feel valued as a recruiter as well as get good leads or to "move up" in the company. This role is absolutely a "numbers game" and they make that very clear upon hire, so there is never any surprise there. However, there is quite a bit that is out of the control of the recruiter which creates instability for your job, i.e. whether or not a therapist backs out of an offer, or they decide to take a permanent position after you've already submitted them to several travel opportunities. Because this isn't a typical sales role and there is so much out of a recruiter's control, it makes it difficult to maintain consistency, and if you don't meet the quota that management sets for you, it doesn't matter. Truly at the core, it is a numbers game, and even if 5 out of your 10 therapists decide to leave the contract, you have a very small time frame to replenish them, or you will be let go from the company, and those therapists are then dispersed to other recruiters within the company.

12 people found this review helpful

Advanced Medical Response

At Advanced Medical, we do our best to ensure that each new employee is aware of the job, its challenges, and expectations. This is communicated throughout the interview process, training, and weekly sales meetings. Although employee turnover is unpleasant for all involved, it is sometimes unavoidable. We will continuously strive to make improvements and will take your comments into consideration. We appreciate your time and contribution while employed with us.

7. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

I would not recommend working here

Mar 6, 2016 - Therapy Recruiter in Broomfield, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

There are morale building days like potlucks and "beer thirty". Some of the people have become my personal friends, and I am thankful for that. You can make good money from commission.

Cons

First of all- all the "GREAT COMPANY" 5 star reviews were all put on this website by Advanced Medical HR and IT all in the dame day, so don't be fooled. This really is a revolving door company. In my 4 months working there I saw probably a dozen people get let go. They are constantly hiring replacements. Every 2 weeks there is a new training class, so I was in constant fear of being fired and replaced. They don't take the time to help their current employees but instead just keep hiring new people to replace them. It really seems like they hire new people to book 1-2 people then let them go and give their bookings to the senior recruiters. The "senior" recruiters (6 months and higher) are very clique-y, reminded me of high school at times. They call new people in the company newbies and really look down on them, as if they are superior in any way. The job itself is stressful- they set strict goals for you to reach and if you don't you're gone. The goal is to book as many therapists in travel contract positions as possible. Bookings are constantly going wrong and it's really an uphill battle to reach goals. Therapists get notice, back out of jobs, or are replaced with a permanent candidate constantly. The people that succeed at this often times lie to get therapists into jobs- then once the candidate has signed their contract they try to come up with excuses as to why they can't keep good on their promises to keep the therapist on their books. It was all very frustrating to me because I didn't feel comfortable lying to people, then I would see someone else giving false promises and being praised for his numbers. This is a good job if you really can't do anything else and don't mind calling a hundred people a day that have been contacted every month for the past 5 years and try to convince them to work for you. In my interview I was told there would be no cold calling- only hot leads. Then after training I was told I have to spend 1-2 hours a day calling into facilities to try to poach their therapists into working for us -aka cold calling. And the "hot leads" are called quickapps- most of the time are fake numbers. As far as management goes- it is very obvious who the favorites in the office are. In my time working there a few individuals were allowed to get away with anything- missing work without calling in/ smelling strongly of alcohol at work/ taking excessive time off etc, while others were scolded for much lesser offenses. Also, aforementioned quickapps were given out by management. Certain individuals were given 2-3 times as many as everyone else.

7 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0

Heads Up

Mar 29, 2017 - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO
      Business Outlook

Pros

I'm still searching for the pros of this position

Cons

They do about a week of training with you and set you loose. What they don't tell you is that you HAVE TO hit 3 hires in your first 3 months or else you are on the chopping block to be fired. The lead lists they generate are just state license lists or people that are listed as a therapist/nurse (in other words the quality of your leads are poor). Also, if you are not one of the managers favorites you will not get hot prospects. I use to make my 100 calls a day and meet the qualifications to get hot leads and there were days where other recruiters would get 3-5 and I would get 0. They experience very high turn over due to the fact that they don't care if you meet your quota or not because they will replace you with the next person willing to pick up the phone. What I've learned; there are people who have been there a long time and this is because the new hires are responsible for sifting through the lead pile and finding the good prospects, then they get fired and those good prospects go to the long term employees and the cycle repeats itself.

7 people found this review helpful

VP of Employee Relations

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We understand that the expectations of our new recruiters are high and this role is not for everyone. Your advise regarding the new hires is well taken and we are working on great new initiatives regarding mentoring and training. We do pride our selves on integrity and fairness at Advanced. We do appreciate your feedback.

9. 1.0
      Former Employee

Pros

Having an association with this therapy company is something all therapists should have their eyes wide open.

Cons

This facility therapy company, Advanced Medical are promoting, pays well but all therapists should look beyond why, it pays well. Is it because its a revolving door and the therapy structure is very poor and should be replaced. After you take out two therapists with longevity, the average tenure is 10 months and less for 7 other people.

1 person found this review helpful
    10. 1.0

Total Scam, Telemarketing Job

Oct 7, 2015 - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Beer occasionally at work to keep up appearances that the company is a "fun and cool" place to be.

Cons

This company does a very convincing job of leading potential "Recruiters" to believe that this is an actual recruitment job with high, frequent bonuses and a track to upper management within the organization. In reality this role is telemarketing at best. All "Recruiters" are expected to make 100-150 calls a day in either Nursing or Therapy. The pool of applicants to call is completely dried out, and the Advanced company strategy to hire more "Recruiters" to get better numbers is a feeble attempt to make their system seem like it's working, as if it was the Recruiter that the issue originated with and not the fact that the company is not respected enough when compared to other national competition to attract candidates. If, and I emphasize IF, someone who has applied on indeed or with the company website is genuinely interested, there is a likelihood that there will not be any openings in the Travel Nurse/Therapists area of geographic interest. I personally watched the Management at Advanced Medical/Surgical fire "Recruiters" within a month or two because their pool of unsatisfactory leads is not producing. The only way an employee can meet metrics is to lie to travel applicants, promise/guarantee fake geographic options, or get extremely lucky enough that (A) an applicant is interested, (B) there is an opening in the travelers geographic area of interest, (C) a facility will entertain the travelers abilities, or (D) the traveler isn't working with another recruiter and already got a job. If the stars align just perfectly, and if you have a bunch of overly-qualified nursing/therapy friends with no strings attached and multi-state licensures, you may meet company expectations, for that month. Do not sell yourself short or believe this company is legit.

9 people found this review helpful