KEY NOT FOUND: coverImgAlt

Advanced Medical

Is this your company?

Advanced Medical

Add a Review

Advanced Medical Employee Reviews about "travelers"

Updated Oct 29, 2019

Found 14 of over 223 reviews

4.0
Advanced Medical CEO Jennifer Fuicelli (no image)
Jennifer Fuicelli
Pros
  • "I have been traveling since 2006 and have been with 1 other company(in 15 reviews)

• "Great company culture (monthly potlucks, after work events, etc(in 15 reviews)

• Cons
  • "No PTO and there are other companies providing it to travelers(in 14 reviews)

• "The goal is to book as many therapists in travel contract positions as possible(in 10 reviews)

• More Pros and Cons
    Pros & Cons are excerpts from user reviews. They are not authored by Glassdoor.

Reviews about "travelers"

Return to all Reviews
    1. 5.0
      Former Contractor, more than 3 years

Travel therapy

Feb 14, 2019 - Travel Speech Therapist and Mentor
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Amazing staff and support staff my recruiter Kevin Kooi -Listen to your wants and needs and deliver -competitive pay -timely and ongoing communication

Cons

No cons with this company they really put the traveler first

2. 2.0
      Former Employee, more than 1 year

Unfortunately, Wasted Time!

Oct 29, 2019 - Senior Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Schedule, Not micro-managed, Desk Space, Supplies provided, Kitchen. Good placeholder until you find something else.

Cons

Company was sold right before the Industry billing has changed10/2019, which caused the industry to loose 60% of its business. Future outlook is poor. Job posting is always up on job boards, as it's easier than training current team members. What they are selling is a sham to medical professionals. The Seniors, wait for you to quit so they can inherit your travelers. Making 100 calls a day to leads that have 6-10 calls everyday, from all the other agencies selling the same sham. 97% of your calls are voicemail and the remaining 3% are either hangups or the person on the other end telling you to please stop calling them. The outlook on this company is not good, dying industry. It's a matter of time before the new company restructures and closes all the Advanced offices except for Colorado. When the owner sells a company and the company then looses 60% of their business overnight, it's only a matter of time. Get out while you can. Again, ask yourself, why is this job always posted = revolving door! Oh and the 5 star reviews you see, are from current managers who were asked to do so.

1 person found this review helpful
    3. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

An unusual, awful employment experience

Sep 19, 2019 - Career Consultant in Portland, OR
      Business Outlook

Pros

Break room was great. Sale contests were fun (but contribute to the highly toxic work expectation). Felt supported in the beginning. Young environment

Cons

My manager was either really supportive or really angry when answering questions. I was a brand new employee and I would regularly be blown off by her for asking too many questions. They encouraged questions then get angry for not knowing. So hypocritical and toxic - co workers even acknowledged her attitude towards me. The general environment is fear-based. Everyone keeps their head down and mouth shut bc management can’t be trusted and turnover is excessively high. I was the 6th FIRING in the 4 MONTHS I was there. So unprofessional, especially when I worked my tail off and generated tons of leads for them. Basically, the company is super top heavy with high performers while the bottom sees mild success or is fired and churning out people like a factory. They don’t care about you, they just want deals in the first 3 months or you’re fired, regardless of how well you integrate with the company, how many leads you have, how hard you worked, etc etc. and FYI - you’re calling the same leads they’ve had for years, trying to get old travelers to return. If you do find someone, they are already talking to another agency. You have to be very gritty for this job - and even if you are, you’re not guaranteed for success which is what happened to me. Be very very wary of what you are walking into.

3 people found this review helpful
    4. 5.0
      Current Contractor, more than 1 year

Outstanding staff

Oct 23, 2018 - Travel Physical Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

I have been working with my recruiter, Amy, for over 1 year now. I always feel that Amy, as well as all other Advanced staff that I’ve interacted with, have gone above and beyond to prioritize my experiences and ensure everything runs smoothly from start to finish. Communication is fantastic by everyone and I’ve never felt like”just another number!” I can’t recommend this company enough. The organization, dedication to me as a contract employee, and consistent communication has made me very happy and set with my decision to travel with Advanced!

Cons

I have worked as a traveler with Advanced for over 1 year and have yet to experience any “cons” at this time.

5. 3.0
      Current Freelancer, more than 3 years

Love my recruiter!

Jan 13, 2019 - Travel Nurse in Port Orange, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

Quick with getting an assignment Up front and honest Out of the 3 recruiters I have had they always made me feel like I mattered when I needed to speak to them.

Cons

Not a lot of thanks you’s or appreciation from the company for being apart of their team No PTO and there are other companies providing it to travelers

6. 1.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

Career consultant - avoid!!

Apr 16, 2018 - Career Consultant in Sacramento, CA
      Business Outlook

Pros

-No dress code -Occasional Friday “happy hour” where they give you a beer at the end of the day -Free coffee and snacks -A basketball hoop in the office to distract you from your meaningless job

Cons

-Everything else. I left my old stable job of 7+ years, and it was one of the biggest mistakes I’ve made. After a couple days of working at Advanced, I knew it was a mistake. I came in not knowing anything about the industry, and I barely got a couple days of mediocre training, then told to hit the phones. Leads that were assigned to me were 99% garbage. They say if you hit 75 calls per day, you get “hot” leads, but those usually don’t pan out either. I had a couple good candidates, but those fell through. Less than two months after I started, I was called into the managers office one day right before lunch. She told me the job is “not a fit” and that it was my last shift. No explanation. To be fair, I had no travelers on assignment, but there were other employees still working at my brand who had the same/or more time on as me, and didn’t have any travelers either. What a waste of time! This is just a very low level telemarketing job. Maybe it’s ok if you’re straight out of high school, but it’s a dead-end for mostly everyone.

4 people found this review helpful

Advanced Medical Response

Director of People Operations

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback. We are sorry your experience at Advanced wasn't a positive one. We appreciation you highlighting that the Career Consultant role is a challenging sales position, and just like any sales role an employee must be hitting goals. As for our training it is ongoing as there is so much to be learned on the job, but we recognize there is always room for improvement. Best of luck in your future endeavors.

7. 1.0
      Current Contractor

TRAVEL THERAPISTS - BEWARE!!!

Feb 25, 2017 - Anonymous Contractor
      Business Outlook

Pros

they tell you so many wonderful lies to get you to take an assignment with them... so maybe this isn't a "pro"

Cons

lies. lies. lies. i have worked for several travel therapy companies in the past and loved the years i spent working with them. although i had been warned about advanced in the past, i decided to take on a contract bc of the location. MISTAKE. i now understand why i should have listened to the advice i'd received to "steer clear" of this company. to those considering a job as a traveling therapist with this company, DON'T. please take my advice, as an experienced traveler. there are so many better companies out there that will won't lie to you, and you will make the money they promise to you. i traveled for 4 1/2 years before taking a position with them. my first job out of grad school paid $500 more per week than this one, and even that was considered low for a travel job. what they told me i would be making isn't even close to what they have been paying me. they apparently use some kind of fine print voodoo math to calculate your check. this company is a complete scam. most other companies will also provide your health insurance at no additional cost, or at a very low rate. NOT ADVANCED. you could get a comparable plan on the open market for a lot less. it's horrible what they do to their travelers. take my advice - go elsewhere.

13 people found this review helpful
    8. 2.0
      Former Employee, less than 1 year

If you a need a job to get by for a little bit this will do

Oct 28, 2014 - Senior Therapy Recruiter
      Business Outlook

Pros

Most of the people who work there are friendly and they have a lot of fun events.

Cons

This is a rotating door company where the people who work there for a long time don't do much work. They inherit a lot of travelers that the short time employees get ready and placed. I was there for four months and I was the 18th person to leave in that time frame. They have constant morale meetings because most people don't want to go to work there. There isn't a lot of chance for success. If you are desperate for a paycheck this can get you by while you look for something else but don't turn down another job to work there and don't stop looking for even one day while you are there.

11 people found this review helpful
    9. 5.0
      Current Employee, less than 1 year

AMAZING company with tons of potential to make GREAT MONEY!!!

Dec 19, 2015 - Senior Therapy Recruiter in Port Orange, FL
      Business Outlook

Pros

-Base Salary plus Comission -friendly and professional staff and management -hand feeds the tools necessary to SUCCEED -FUN AND POSITIVE work environment -uncapped potential financial income There is no other job better than this. I have been with this company for 7months. The first week of training can be overwheliming at first, but once you sit and start making calls and connecting with people, then the sky is the limit. Management does EVERYTHING they can to help you succeed and be the best recruiter, but unfortunately, this is job is not for everyone. Its sad to see the negative reviews obviously from people that did not make the cut, which is fine, everyone is entitled to an opinion, but it is unethical to bash management and the company because you simply did not fit for the job. Being a recruiter is hardwork, if it was easy everyone would be doing it.You MUSTput in the time and effort in order to do well and if you do (as i am starting to see now) the money that can be made is ridiculous!! Some of the therapist I have personally booked are not only employees but my friends and that what makes this job great!! Our corparate managemnt trainer is fantastic. She puts her full heart and soul into wanting everyone to succeed and do well. Not only does she care so much for the new hires to do well, but she is VERY HARDWORKING and willing to go out of her way to listen to you and help you with anything you need help with. She is, hands down, the best in the business. Another positive part about this Company is the office environment. It is a super fun and positive environment. All the senior recruiters are ALWAYS wanting to help the newer recruiters whenever help is needed because they too knew what it was like being new to this and knows it can be difficult and intimidating. It is WONDERFUL thing knowing that everyone there has your back when you start to get discourged. Everyone in the office are like family and we want everyone to do well. There are many many other great things about this company. Just understand that it is hard work and not a good fit for everyone. If you are a money motivated, positive, confident and professional individual then this is the job for you!! In 7months of working here, I can truly say that i have finally found my Career that i have a TRUE PASSION for and LOVE!

Cons

-hard work -many, many, many calls There are not many cons about this job other than the work you need to put in and all the calls you have to make. The process works. If you put the time in meaning coming in early and staying late, it will all pan out. Think of it this way, the more calls the more connections you make. The more connections you make the more travelers you'll find. The more travelers you find the more bookings you'll have. The more bookings you have the more money you'll make! This is a numbers and people business. If you can't toughen it out, make the calls and connect with people, you WILL NOT succeed. It is that simple.

4 people found this review helpful
    10. 5.0
      Current Employee

excellent company

Jul 26, 2016 - Occupational Therapist
      Business Outlook

Pros

AMPS made the hiring process simple, fast and overall was very efficiently done. Very knowledgeable and friendly staff. My first time dealing with this type of company and it was a very positive experience.

Cons

It's hard to get a job in big cities, but they probably have the best variety of places. My recruiter has travelers in Alaska, and even Hawaii.

2 people found this review helpful