Advanced Network Products Reviews | Glassdoor

4.2
David S. Mulvey
1 Rating

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A Nice Place to Work"

Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Glenside, PA
    Current Employee - Senior Engineer in Glenside, PA

I have been working at Advanced Network Products full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Small company, Much flexibility, Great Team, Owner listens to his employees and rewards them

Cons

Not anything out of the ordinary.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work

"Good for new graduates or those desperate for a job. Don't work here if you want a career or have any self respect."

Former Employee - Level I NOC Tech in Glenside, PA
    Former Employee - Level I NOC Tech in Glenside, PA

Pros

Learned quite a bit from the engineers who are always eager to answer questions. It was a paying job. Not many pros.

Had a job in my field to put on my resume.

Cons

Not paid for lunch. Work 12 hours get paid for 11.

Cool aid and false promises. As suggested by the owner, I took on more responsibilities in order to get a raise. Instead I was stalled and another person (less qualified than me, who quit within 3 months) was hired to fill the position I was "promised"

No reviews or raises.

Work environment was not healthy.

Most of the technology was old, outdated or didn't work correctly.

I currently have a dispute case open with the department of labor regarding my pay. ANP has refused to pay my department correctly.

They took away my 4 weeks of paid vacation when they changed the schedule. Even though it was on my check they never compensated me for them.

Advice to Management

Don't purchase hardware for pipe dream services you want to sell but have no idea how to implement. Especially if the hardware will only sit in a rack unused while they drop in value.

Reward your employees, don't treat them like dogs.

Don't talk down to your employees or insult them with passive aggressive attacks.

Actually make plans and implement some type of strategy instead of blinding purchasing hardware and licensing after going to a sales meeting or promotional convention.

Follow through with your plans.