Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) Reviews in Havant, England | Glassdoor

Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) CEO Mike Gawthorne
Mike Gawthorne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Joining ARM"

Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Senior Account Executive in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Coming from a recruitment background and moving within the recruitment sector can be a sensitive case. ARM were more than professional in the recruitment process; flexible on interview location and also swift in the process of hiring. I felt the recruiting manager was very transparent and honest which is so important when deciding to make a move. Thank you ARM, I look forward to being part of your team.

Cons

None as of yet! Looking forward to a new challenge

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing!

2. "Family-feel"

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) (More than 8 years)

Pros

A company which feels like a family and takes pride in looking after its employees. They have invested a lot in improving their incentives and people are rewarded for achieving.

The company is fair and does promote inclusiveness where appropriate

Cons

Make sure that you maintain the current culture

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

3. "So far so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)

Pros

I've been with ARM for four months and can honestly say I love it. There is an incredibly positive and generous culture within the company - you wouldn't believe the amount of rewards, prizes, vouchers and even the odd £50 note which gets given away. There are some lovely people here, many of whom are really engaged with everything that my manager and I are doing.

Cons

Technology is a little cumbersome and frustrating, compared with what I'm used to, but I understand why processes and IT policies need to be locked down, as we're dealing with personal information.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's incredibly refreshing for management to take the time to say 'thank you' - even Mike, the CEO, stops by to thank you for a job well done. It makes such a difference!

4. "Revolving Door"

Former Employee - Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Pleasant office environment, some friendly people. Initial training was a good introduction but very basic and not tailored to each individual (a crash course in ‘old school’ recruitment)…

Cons

Joined as a resourcer under several account managers – one of whom quit half way through my probation – nullifying all of the work I’d done for them in the last couple of months. Account managers were less than helpful and each treated their work as ‘most important’ and having no time for anyone else. Further to that, little communication or additional close training meant that It essentially became luck as to who saw success and who did not, based on who they worked with / what jobs they were given to work.

Awful human resources at the time. Had a team leader meeting around 10am to discuss progress and agree an action plan… then called in to HR 30 minutes later to be told to clear my desk!

Projects a ‘we care’ ethos but ultimately I’ve worked in far better places since.

Ultimately a revolving door… if they had invested more in their staff and training rather than stroking the egos of the ‘big billers’ they might not suffer this issue.

Very focussed around KPI’s and monitoring call time without any thought or care given to *why* someone is on the phone. Some people called the talking clock for 30 minutes daily to get their call times up(!)

Advice to Management

Pay closer attention to what people are working on and how feasible it is to fill it, rather than whether someone has spent enough time on the phone each day…

5. "Good professional place to work where you have the opportunity to progress your career as far as you want..."

Current Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Management Team
    - Good pay structures with clear career paths
    - Well respected name in the industry
    - Great training facility
    - Great incentives and they reward their top performers well

Cons

- Commission structure has changed a few times but they seem to have it nailed down now

Advice to Management

Keep going with the open door approach

"Not the worst, not the best."

Former Employee - Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, for the most part, are a good bunch. There's generally quite a mix, which makes for a good workplace. They do make an effort for the social events and prizes. As far as recruitment companies go, there's far better and also far worse.

Cons

Staff are generally treated as cash-cows. If you aren't hitting target you will likely not receive adequate support or guidance to enable you to hit target, other than being threatened with a formal warning or dismissal. The majority of recruitment jobs there are high stress and pressure 95% of the time. There is a constant rotating door of people getting sacked and hired which can make for an uneasy atmosphere - but this is probably common in recruitment.

Advice to Management

Whilst there was some investment in people, and I appreciate that it's a sales oriented business, there was often a tendency to hit the panic button and leave people feeling stressed and isolated, rather than supported and enabled. At times this was due to line managers being under equal stress. It feeds down from the top really - but I suppose that's sales, right?

7. "Really enjoyed working there"

Former Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great training and really good people. Loves my time here and only left as I moved away. Made some really good friends here hope they open an office near me as I would join again straight away

Cons

They haven't opened an office near me yet!!

Advice to Management

Open an office in the North West

8. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ARM has made great strides in the last year, changing the structure, processes and creating great opportunities with their growth plans. I have been there for 21 months, been promoted twice and the training I have received internally and externally has been first class. With new branches opening and lots of investment in staff and infrastructure its a great time to join

Cons

I really cant think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing my managers really care about me and my colleagues and as long as your giving it your best are massively s