Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) Reviews | Glassdoor

3.4
Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) CEO Mike Gawthorne
Mike Gawthorne

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Manager in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Manager in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

ARM has made great strides in the last year, changing the structure, processes and creating great opportunities with their growth plans. I have been there for 21 months, been promoted twice and the training I have received internally and externally has been first class. With new branches opening and lots of investment in staff and infrastructure its a great time to join

Cons

I really cant think of any

Advice to Management

Keep doing what your doing my managers really care about me and my colleagues and as long as your giving it your best are massively s

2. "Really enjoyed working there"

Former Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Great company, great training and really good people. Loves my time here and only left as I moved away. Made some really good friends here hope they open an office near me as I would join again straight away

Cons

They haven't opened an office near me yet!!

Advice to Management

Open an office in the North West

3. "9 years - Consultant to Director - good vaules, great support"

Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Sales Director in London, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Continual investment - whether over or under-performing. Investing in people who are under-performing is critical, if you don't, then you might as well flush cash down the toilet.
    Increasing geographical spread - gives the company better access to recruitment talent, niche candidates and of course, clients.
    Specialisms - the structure absolutely mirrors the way the marklet is moving. Is there such a thing as IT recruitment any more? Not really, but there is PHP software development, or Virtualisation, Cyber Security etc. they've got this licked!
    Rewards - good commission plans - there are some young people earning good money now.

Cons

Portsmouth HQ is limiting - but that means we will just staff out the regional offices.

Advice to Management

Let's get up North - a NW office is very much needed

4. "Great Company"

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time

Pros

ARM are a great company to work for and you are rewarded financially well. Very close, family feel to the office, everyone knows everyone and it is easy enough to speak to anyone across the business. Good interview procedure, kept up to date from initiation to offer with the company and accommodated me

Cons

Commission scheme recently changed and brought in an amount of money you have to make each month before you get paid out on your commission.

Advice to Management

Stagger the standard requirement as well as the targets for new starters.

5. "Good fun"

Current Employee - Consultant
    Current Employee - Consultant

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time

Pros

Great family feel
    Fantastic role models throughout the business
    They really strive for fairness and growth throughout the business
    Great rewards and incentives
    Commission scheme is better than competitors

Cons

The commission scheme is currently under review which is great. It's not bad scheme but could be better, as with anything in life!

6. "Good professional place to work where you have the opportunity to progress your career as far as you want..."

Current Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Consultant in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

- Great Management Team
    - Good pay structures with clear career paths
    - Well respected name in the industry
    - Great training facility
    - Great incentives and they reward their top performers well

Cons

- Commission structure has changed a few times but they seem to have it nailed down now

Advice to Management

Keep going with the open door approach

7. "Family-feel"

Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Recruitment Manager in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) (More than 8 years)

Pros

A company which feels like a family and takes pride in looking after its employees. They have invested a lot in improving their incentives and people are rewarded for achieving.

The company is fair and does promote inclusiveness where appropriate

Cons

Make sure that you maintain the current culture

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing

8. "So far so good!"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Havant, England (UK)

I have been working at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I've been with ARM for four months and can honestly say I love it. There is an incredibly positive and generous culture within the company - you wouldn't believe the amount of rewards, prizes, vouchers and even the odd £50 note which gets given away. There are some lovely people here, many of whom are really engaged with everything that my manager and I are doing.

Cons

Technology is a little cumbersome and frustrating, compared with what I'm used to, but I understand why processes and IT policies need to be locked down, as we're dealing with personal information.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing. It's incredibly refreshing for management to take the time to say 'thank you' - even Mike, the CEO, stops by to thank you for a job well done. It makes such a difference!

9. "Pleasant but disjointed"

Pros

Some experienced people there to help guide and advise. In-team camaraderie is good. Nice offices with good working atmosphere and facilities.

Cons

A bit disjointed between teams and divisions, especially on client collaboration. Expect to make it happen yourself.

"Not the worst, not the best."

Former Employee - Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)
    Former Employee - Resourcer in Havant, England (UK)

I worked at Advanced Resource Managers (ARM) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The people, for the most part, are a good bunch. There's generally quite a mix, which makes for a good workplace. They do make an effort for the social events and prizes. As far as recruitment companies go, there's far better and also far worse.

Cons

Staff are generally treated as cash-cows. If you aren't hitting target you will likely not receive adequate support or guidance to enable you to hit target, other than being threatened with a formal warning or dismissal. The majority of recruitment jobs there are high stress and pressure 95% of the time. There is a constant rotating door of people getting sacked and hired which can make for an uneasy atmosphere - but this is probably common in recruitment.

Advice to Management

Whilst there was some investment in people, and I appreciate that it's a sales oriented business, there was often a tendency to hit the panic button and leave people feeling stressed and isolated, rather than supported and enabled. At times this was due to line managers being under equal stress. It feeds down from the top really - but I suppose that's sales, right?