Advanced Resources Reviews | Glassdoor

4.0
Leo Sheridan

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. Featured Review

"Company you can trust in"

I have been working at Advanced Resources full-time

Pros

I'm so happy I came across this company. The minute I stepped everyone who was working was extremely friendly & inviting. The team really worked hard to place me somewhere that my skill sets would fit right and somewhere I would be happy. I'm glad I trusted them to help me find a good job, and I'm excited to see where it'll go from here!

Cons

Honestly can't think of one con. Workers here really know what they're doing!

Sep 7, 2017 – Employee Experience

We're so happy you came across us as well! Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your positive experience and for trusting us with your career. There's nothing better than hearing... More

"Recruiter"

I worked at Advanced Resources full-time

Pros

Occasional free snacks in the breakroom

Cons

Very political and rules were definitely not consistently applied, not always the most ethical

Sep 7, 2017 – Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We recognize that the nature of a high-growth company comes with a lot of wins as well as opportunities for improvements, which is why we’re committed... More

"Just started Working and am very Impressed"

I have been working at Advanced Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

This company has a great work environment. Everyone was more than willing to help me get situated within the company. People are very friendly and they love the work they are doing. The leadership is brilliant and you are given opportunities to succeed and move up within the company.

Cons

Some of the offices are a little bit of a tough commute. This usually doesn't become an issue for me and they have been very understanding of knowing what location is easiest for me to work at.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work.

Jun 26, 2017 – Employee Experience

Wonderful to hear and welcome to the team! Our goal is for you have a long and successful career at Advanced, full of different opportunities, constant challenges and learning experiences... More

4. "Open enrollment representative"

I worked at Advanced Resources full-time (More than a year)

Pros

easy to work with and scheduling.

Cons

I thought the video thing was weird.

Jun 19, 2017 – Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of your experience with our company. We're glad to hear that it was positive and easy -- putting you, our talent, first is always our top priority. As... More

5. "One of the Best"

I have been working at Advanced Resources full-time

Pros

I've been working for Advanced for 18 months and I have enjoyed everyday that I have been here. It's a lot of work and they have high expectations for all employees however the environment has allowed grow and become a higher functioning professional.

Cons

Bad snacks in the kitchen, not much fruit.

Advice to Management

Continue to provide consistent feedback. Communication from leadership goes way up then goes down from time-to-time. Keep is often and keep it consistent.

May 12, 2017 – Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to review our company and recognizing the high-performance environment. Growth, development opportunities and investing in our employees is at the heart of everything... More

"Overall good experience, company is evolving and improving"

I worked at Advanced Resources full-time

Pros

Teams enjoy working together. I worked with some great people who truly care about the candidates and clients they work with on a daily basis. Some of the leadership is fantastic. Those leaders make sure their staff is informed, that they have the support/guidance/mentor-ship they need, and they foster development both internally and externally.

Cons

Company is in a high growth mode, struggling with identity and structure. The management's structure, leadership, and team's focus has changed several times as a result. There are several new operational management roles that dont' understand what the teams do on a daily basis, nor do they provide any contribution. Some of the leadership should have been dismissed years ago.

Advice to Management

Listen to the teams, strive for better communication with employees, hold leadership accountable to behave as leaders, focus on retention and the employer brand. Provide additional opportunities for individual contributors to further grow as well as management opportunities.

Mar 16, 2017 – Employee Experience

Thank you for your insightful feedback. As you probably know, the vision you outlined is exactly what our organization continues to evolve into, one piece at a time– systematic and highly tailored... More

"Getting better everyday...committed to improvement"

Current Employee - Just One of the Team in Chicago, IL
    Current Employee - Just One of the Team in Chicago, IL

Pros

Great culture
    Wonderful teammates who desire to help each other and the company grow
    Passionate about clients and always looking towards the future
    Ownership has the desire to help grow both in revenue and opportunity

Cons

Still in high growth mode
    Systems can create challenges due to growth

Advice to Management

Keep listening to the team. We have some great people that really care. Continue to invest in the growth of the company and development. It is going to pay off for us in the future.

Jan 5, 2017 – Employee Experience

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. It’s motivating to read your positive comments about the team culture and career growth. We recognize that the nature of a high-growth company comes... More

"Great Organization"

I have been working at Advanced Resources full-time

Pros

Great culture, competitive salary, commitment to wellness

Cons

More awareness of retention risks

"The Assignment Company has the Upper Hand"

Current Employee - Rebate Analyst/POD Analyst in Gurnee, IL
    Current Employee - Rebate Analyst/POD Analyst in Gurnee, IL

I have been working at Advanced Resources full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Keeps you working when you can't find something better.

Cons

The insurance is really high priced.
    When I put in my notice, it was only 13 days. I was told "Industry standard is two weeks notice". I told them that for one of my assignments I wasn't even given a 13 HOUR notice, they should be lucky to be getting that.

Basically, Advanced works for their customers, who are the assignment companies. They're not going to go out on a limb for you and risk losing their account.

"Working conditions and benefits."

Pros

After working so many thousands of hours, you get a full weeks pay, plus paid holidays.

Cons

They will try and put you anywhere, even if it's not in your field of work. Also, when you are trying to reach your recruiter, it takes days and days for them to get back to you. And when they do, the conversation is limited. No concerns about how your work conditions are.

Advice to Management

Care more about your employees.