Advanced Reviews | Glassdoor

Found 321 reviews

3.2
Advanced CEO Gordon Wilson
Gordon Wilson
Pros
  • "Good working conditions - working from home has a positive impact on work/life balance(in 18 reviews)

• "Great people work in Advanced and there is a real buzz in the business(in 21 reviews)

Cons
  • "Can you imagine being left to your role for this long without proper training - management and senior management lack accountability(in 14 reviews)

• "There are far too many to mention- any current employees should be looking for new jobs if they are not being made redundant(in 11 reviews)

My Future Career is Clear

Current Employee - Head of Professional Services in Remote, OR

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

I have a very detailed view of my role, accountability and deliverables and understand how the compliment our company values and objectives. I have an excellent leader who consistently demonstrates role model behaviour. I work alongside industry specialists, all expert in their fields. My contributions are recognised and rewarded. I am in a role where `I feel valued and I feel like I am positively contributing to...

Cons

My role requires a lot of flexibility to accommodate business needs on a international scale. This at times can make work life balance difficult but I am fully supported with business flexibility and my efforts are always recongnised and appreciated.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you are doing, keep communicating change to your staff and continue to keep us motivated with the schemes and incentives you have already established for us.

Worst company ever!

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Small paycheck....like 40% less than I made 10 years ago small with a six-fold increase in job duties in my time here.

Cons

You know it's bad when Indian staff being outsourced to is giving bad reviews! Hard to find a new job after Advanced because your skills and achievements won't look good on paper...very hard to achieve and show any success in this environment. Most staff have a check to box mentality after Vista, and I can not count the number of times I've been told by a graduate or HPEL that they are only doing what they are told...

Advice to Management

Why bother

3. Implementation Consultant

• Overall

I have been working at Advanced full-time

Pros

Great company to work for

Cons

Turnover rate is very high

Unpleasant - Avoid

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Norwalk, CT

I worked at Advanced full-time

Pros

Some very good people - very competent technically and in their understanding of implementing solutions. Many have been there for their entire careers and know the product set inside out. Salaries are ok.

Cons

Too many - just a dreadful working environment. Culture of antagonism and mistrust between employees and senior management. Employees constantly looking over their shoulder and bullied into accepting working practices.

Advice to Management

Advanced management will not listen to any advice. Like many organisations they are exclusively interested in shareholder value and directors remunerations.

Eh

I worked at Advanced part-time

Pros

Good entry level job for college

Cons

Not very organized. Poor communication

Advanced Response

February 8, 2017Head of Talent Acquisition

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are disappointed to understand that you do not recommend Advanced as an employer. We are always looking to improve and therefore would appreciate if you could email yoursay@oneadvanced.com to expand on your comments so we can ...

Financial Specialist Advanced

Former Employee - Financial Specialist in Santa Fe, NM

I worked at Advanced full-time for more than 9 years

Pros

I enjoy working with numbers and am a "people: person". Love learning and having positive feedback/reinforcement.

Cons

Management did not provide positive feedback, was left on my own to learn a new job that was extremely complex. I learned on my own.

Advice to Management

Take better care of your employees, they are what make your agency run more efficiently and feel appreciated.

Technician

I have been working at Advanced

Pros

Great coprarate company to work with

Cons

Too much drama at my location

• Super Effective

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

Smooth systems, fast tracked on boarding, knowledgeable staff/managers/partners, buzzing and intense atmosphere, stylish locations, pride about brand

Cons

Nothing to share as of yet

My experience at Advanced

Former Employee - Telesales in Birmingham, England

I worked at Advanced full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

Colleagues (not including management) Good location within the Mailbox Free tea and coffee Decent salary for entry level positions

Cons

No real progression here as they tell you they will 'Do the right thing' by stagnating you in a position for too long and then promote you to a role you may not want but they have a 'vision' for you! Too many people in the business cover their own back so nothing moves forward, takes 1 week to get a yes/no answer.

Advice to Management

Stop pressurising staff and pushing them to roles they dont want or roles you have created and have no idea what the role entails. Actually train the staff and not put them through generic training that reminds you of your first day back at school.

• Great place with a lot of talents

Current Employee - Data Analyst in Birmingham, England

I have been working at Advanced full-time for more than a year

Pros

A lot of opportunity for people who are willing to challenge themselves HR cares about your progression and as far as I am concerned are really full of really nice people Mixed culture and full of people with different ideas that aren't scared to express it

Cons

Communication between different departments can be better

Advice to Management

Slightly clearer structure for progression as well as training but I know that is currently being worked on but generally, I really appreciate what you guys are doing.

Found 321 reviews