Advanced Rx Management Reviews | Glassdoor

Jeff Azevedo

Sort: PopularRatingDate

1. "Great Company"

I have been working at Advanced Rx Management full-time

Pros

Great people and excellent team work

Cons

All good - no negative feedback

Hello! Thank you for your positive feedback! -Advanced Rx Management Team

2. "Awesome company to grow with!"

I have been working at Advanced Rx Management full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

I have been with this company for just about 5 years now and have really enjoyed watching this company grow. The owners have done a lot over the years to keep a good culture within the company that makes coming into work actually, enjoyable! What other bosses fully stock your office kitchen with drinks and snacks every two weeks? Most holidays are typically celebrated with either decorations, pot lucks, gift exchanges, etc. Since our company has expanded so much, this really helps bring all employees together as well as getting to know any new employees. Over the years the people here have turned into a family here which you don't find at just any job.

Cons

Our new office has cubicles without full wall partitions which makes everyone a little nervous with talking on the phones or interacting with other coworkers to the point that the office is almost TOO quiet sometimes.

Advice to Management

Would really like to see more group activities outside of the office again!

Mar 29, 2018 – Advanced Rx Management

Hello! Thank you very much for your positive feedback and suggestions to improve the company. We appreciate it. -Advanced Rx Team

"Long Term Employee"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

I have been working at Advanced Rx Management full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I have been with the company for a few years now and have constantly been growing and learning during my current time. The pharmaceutical industry is a fast paced and constant changing industry and you have to be open to the challenge. This company has taught me a lot about my strengths and weaknesses and every day is a (positive) challenge for me.

I enjoy working with the team in the San Ramon office. They have become like family!

Cons

The culture in the office had become a concern, however, the past few months I have witnessed a big improvement in the culture and relationships with the different departments in the office.

Jan 17, 2018 – Advanced Rx Management

Hello! Thank you for your feedback. We appreciate it. - Advanced Rx Team

"AVOID AT ALL COSTS!"

I have been working at Advanced Rx Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

There were no pros for this place!

Cons

Advance Rx is by far the worst company I ever worked for. The ownership is immature and only out to grab as much cash as they can for themselves. They don’t care about the long-term business, their customers, and worst of all their employees. The only employees that last are those that the owners like and they only last because they only do what they are told and enjoy being yelled at when the owners are in a bad mood. The majority of upper management is incompetent, especially the most recently hired executives. The company does not value or respect their employees. The owners fire people on a whim. Then they hire replacements hoping the latest person “plugged in” will fix the problems which are mostly caused by the owners or their incompetent minions. There is no strategic plan with this company and you’ll quickly realize that the only mobility is out of the company. Avoid this place unless you have no other options.

Advice to Management

Hire competent executives to run the place go stay on your boat and turn off your cell phones.

Jan 16, 2018 – Advanced Rx Management

Hello! It is unfortunate to hear that you have this perception on the company. As a current employee, I highly recommend that you bring up your concerns with your manager, as opposed to posting them... More

"Pharmacy Technician"

Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Nashville, TN
    Current Employee - Pharmacy Technician in Nashville, TN

I have been working at Advanced Rx Management full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Laid back environment, set hours, paid holidays

Cons

Everyone just does what they want all day instead of actually working, there is no leadership

Advice to Management

Pharmacy managers should be MANAGING their employees, not allowing them to sit on facebook all day instead of working

Dec 11, 2017 – Advanced Rx Management

Thank you for your feedback. We will most definitely address this to the executive team. -Advanced Rx Management Team

"so much potential"

Former Employee - Corporate in San Ramon, CA
    Former Employee - Corporate in San Ramon, CA

I worked at Advanced Rx Management full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Corporate employees are nice and there's good fun people to work around

Cons

Lack of leadership.

the professionals they keep hiring keep leaving because what is told to them in interviews is totally different than what is reality.

CFO stepped down because they couldn't get the numbers to do what they wanted them to do. our accounting office should have been a revolving door sales room - so many people leaving and coming. the leadership people, husband and wife, live the "do i as i say not as i do mentality".

one day they love the vp of sales the next they are trying to replace him.

they hire felons to work within their billing team exposed to PHI because they're family members.

there's no real room for growth unless you are best friends with the COO - they even keep employees that are clearly bad at their job managing people because they like being around them.

the salary for the working class teams is very poor, but the salary for the sales teams is over the top.

the culture is toxic, CEO cursing and yelling within earshot of all the employees in the corporate office. firing people on whims randomly because they aren't hitting budget right before the end of the year.

employees are always looking for other opportunities and ways out of the company.

Advice to Management

sell the business, if you still can, and let someone else run it. the model seems fine, but the leaders tasked with the business' success are failures from other companies that are leaching onto the only job that they can land.

Dec 11, 2017 – Advanced Rx Management

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry this is the perception you may have about the company. With Advanced Rx Management's growth this past year and the ever changing pharmaceutical industry... More

7. "Pharmacist in Charge"

I worked at Advanced Rx Management full-time

Pros

Great Benefits and work hours were excellent

Cons

Hard to contact management when needed

Nov 17, 2017 – Advanced Rx Management

Hello! Thank you for your positive feedback and also for your suggestions. Have a great day. - Advanced Rx Management Team

"Bad Management"

I have been working at Advanced Rx Management full-time

Pros

None, except the monthly birthday cake.

Cons

None - husband and wife team. Cutting heads all the time, very insensitive!
    The CEO is better than the COO, wife. Nonetheless - very brutal! No work life balance.

Advice to Management

Start paying attention to those poor underpaid employees and start recognizing their values! Work life balance is huge in attracting great talent. They project a lot in Town Hall meetings, nothing comes to surface, all talk.

Nov 17, 2017 – Advanced Rx Management

Hello! It is unfortunate to hear that you feel this way. We will forward your comments to our leadership team and do our best to make the appropriate changes. Please do not hesitate to speak your... More

"pharmacy tech"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

I worked at Advanced Rx Management full-time

Pros

Started out as a great opportunity

Cons

No room for growth and felt unappreciated.

Advice to Management

Concentrate on the basic fundamentals of pharmacy instead of focusing on how may pharmacies you open.

"Worst company I've ever worked at"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Pleasanton, CA

I worked at Advanced Rx Management full-time

Pros

I really can't think of any pros for this company. The management team throws temper tantrums and the girl who had interviewed me showed up wearing a tube top. So many red flags.

Cons

-Not a real 'start-up' it's actually a family-owned business and the CEO and COO are married. There are a few other family members in the company, and many who were hired because they were family friends or attended the same church, school, etc. None of this is disclosed during the interview or once you're hired
    -Very low pay, no bonuses
    -Micromanagers left and right
    -No transparency throughout the company whatsoever
    -No professional growth - the tools they use are very old school and they seem content with it
    -Light PTO, holidays
    -There's a lot of shady stuff the company does that is illegal or not in compliance but you're expected to do what you're told and look the other way

Working here was an absolute nightmare. Stay away.

Advice to Management

Be more transparent with your employees and stop bickering in the office. Show some professionalism and help empower your employees by giving them the right tools, resources, and training they need.

Jul 26, 2016 – Advanced Rx Management

Greetings! We're deeply saddened that you have a bad impression of the culture here at Advanced Rx Management. Even though your opinion is on the negative side, we will use your information to help... More