Advanced Semiconductor Engineering "factories" Reviews | Glassdoor

Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Employee Reviews about "factories"

Updated Aug 13, 2017

3.6
Advanced Semiconductor Engineering Chairman and CEO Jason C. S. Chang
Jason C. S. Chang
Pros
  • "learn a lot on cross functions project(in 3 reviews)

• "Wonderful coworkers in US and factories(in 3 reviews)

Cons
  • "70 hours working time per a week(in 7 reviews)

• "Work life balance almost non existent, work long hours and feel it's never enough(in 4 reviews)

Reviews about "factories"

Return to all Reviews
  1. "Sales"

I worked at Advanced Semiconductor Engineering full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Wonderful coworkers in US and factories. All work hard and do their best to support common goal to bring in revenue when possible. -loved the work and customers, personally challenging great opportunity to improve and learn new skills to improve sales performance. - Great multicultural experience, but really need to understand and respect the work culture and management style. -COO Tien Wu is wise and inspiring leader with vision for the company and knowledge of semiconductor business and future trends.

Cons

Senior management requires so much data analysis without providing the analytic tools Annual plan process is three month grueling process and end result often not realistic. Work life balance almost non existent, work long hours and feel it's never enough. Management could learn more effective ways to communicate and motivate employees.

Continue reading
    Advanced Semiconductor Engineering2017-08-13

"Exiting times at a leading Semiconductor back-end Taiwanese subcontractor."

Former Employee - Account Manager

I worked at Advanced Semiconductor Engineering full-time for more than a year

Pros

Team diversity and drive are really motivating, ASE definitly does not hire clones of their existing employees and I found that the most performing peers among my team were in fact outstanding individuals. The evolving technology environment, ASE is always willing to capture and grow there technology leadership in the market and this allows for employee to work on hot new trends quite often. Because the semiconductor is a truely international industry, trips to the factories in Asia or the customers are to be expected.Finally despite being new to the industry when I joined, the management entrusted me to take decisions and rewarded autonomy.

Cons

I did get a feeling of a glass ceiling for non-taiwanese because most senior management share this and some corporate events were Taiwan only gatherings even if this was not a written rule. Personally got frustrated with the fact that bonus was discretionary to department head. Is is really hard to correlate bonus to performance (KPI) which feels quite unfair.

Continue reading
    Advanced Semiconductor Engineering2014-02-17
  3. "Rewarding but requires commitment and very little time for family or personal life"

Sales Manager

I have been working at Advanced Semiconductor Engineering

Pros

My customer and the people I work with in the factories

Cons

Pay is not competitive. In 7 years never had a job interview.

Advanced Semiconductor Engineering2011-06-26

Choose a different language and keep reading other reviews.

Found 3 reviews