Advanced Solutions International Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.4
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Bob Alves

1. "A great place to work"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

A good mix of seasoned, mid-career and entry-level professionals. Casual, friendly work environment. Basic office perks (snacks, beverages, occasional catered lunches). Job security. Opportunity to move across departments for career growth.

Cons

No extravagant in-office perks of larger companies.

Advice to Management

Continue listening and acting on the feedback/suggestions of your employees.

"Well managed, profitable, and compassionate"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

ASI prides itself on maintaining their profitability, which is due primarily to being privately held. They watch the budget, provide for staff needs, and focus their attention on their strategy for business success. It feels like family without all the nepotism. Everyone can contribute since the founders view ideas as a meritocracy. The good ones rise to the top regardless of their source.

Cons

Some decision making does appear to be made by fiat. More insight into what drives decisions would be more helpful. More attention to building in proactive responses before emergencies happen would lead to a less stressful, reactive work environment as is now experienced.

Advice to Management

Business practices, policies, and procedures need to be aligned with future business strategies at the same time to prevent reactive management style.

"Sales and marketing team"

Former Employee - TX-Texas in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - TX-Texas in Austin, TX

I worked at Advanced Solutions International full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The Austin TX development and accounting team has won many awards.

Cons

I found the Virginia product marketing team to strongly influence and not understand the technical development process.
    Convio is in the same market and is overwhelming successful

"They have such low turnover, socializing new employees in any tech department becomes a challenge."

Former Employee - QA Analyst in Austin, TX
    Former Employee - QA Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Advanced Solutions International full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great community, pretty solid product, good infrastructure for testing

Cons

The summary sentence kind of says it all. I got a lot of training, but not the training I needed to do the job I needed to do with the part of the application I was working on. So it left me lost and them disappointed.

Advice to Management

If you have a plan for what the new employee is going to test, given the complexity of the application, you need to focus your socialization efforts on what they will be required to do. Don't focus so much on all the other stuff that they may not touch especially in the short term.

6. "They treat employees right"

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time

Pros

ASI knows how to treat employees right: working here is fun, it's a good salary, we get a lot of time off so we can have a life outside of work, and there are a lot of opportunities to learn new things and move around to other roles if you want to.

Cons

There are not many cons that I can think of. It seems like the biggest complaint I hear is that the developers can no longer exclusively work from home, but I actually think that it makes sense. People seem to collaborate better face to face.

7. "Fair Agile work environment with internal advancement, hampered by legacy code bases"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

Reasonable work hours, benefits; large number of long-term employees and high rate of women in technical positions. Agile processes and SCRUM teams are well established.

Cons

Strategic direction and emphasis flip-flops; management over-commits so that critical product initiatives undercut each other. Poor planning for scaling up for cross-department commitments.

Advice to Management

Establish set of architects to guide cross-team, cross-product development of database, API, content, and UX; grant Agile teams full freedom to determine their processes.

8. "Good job mobility"

I worked at Advanced Solutions International (More than a year)

Pros

they utilize cutting edge technology

Cons

no strong cons - perhaps have more frequent employee reviews

Advice to Management

more regular staff reviews

"Software company stuck in old times."

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time

Pros

The company has good product but uses ancient technology and very slow to adapt to the new and current technologies, that are being used by the other competitors.

Cons

The company is run by old school management style, that is useful for a manufacturing company or a fast food joint but not a software shop. They have not flex times which is prevalent in the software industry right now. Employees are reprimanded for showing up late even by a minute. There is no career development environment. You'll be a software developer for the rest of your career.

Advice to Management

Grow up and raise your head from the sand, and see where the software industry has gone, and don't be stuck in the times when the company was founded about 20 years ago, that doesn't work anymore.

"A whole lot of Talk"

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Some very good people have and still work there. Many friends

Cons

Offered a Stock Plan to employees, then reneged on it. Even after years of "Playing it Up" to fellow employees. Low Pay and try getting a raise, thought it was me, turns out it is policy!
    New ideas are dashed. Until ownership changes, nothing will change

Advice to Management

Clarity, honesty and respect should be engrained in ASI's DNA and it is not

"Account Executive"

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Excellent company and well branded organization. Solution is strong and has many modules available for clients

Cons

Sometime lack of communication, but for the most part no real cons