Advanced Solutions International Reviews | Glassdoor

Advanced Solutions International CEO Bob Alves
Bob Alves
  1. A Great Culture!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time for more than 4 years

Pros

The culture is casual. The employees are happy and it shows. Lots of people have been here a long time. I've never worked in such a supportive, friendly and caring environment.

Cons

It's not as "shiny and new" as working at Bazaarvoice or Google. The office in Austin is a little more traditional.

Advice to Management

As the company grows it's important people know they're still valued, they don't become a number.

2. Decent people but high expectations

Former Employee - Software Developer in Austin, TX

I worked at Advanced Solutions International full-time for more than a year

Pros

The free snacks in the kitchen were nice. They also were very into employee learning and advancing their skills. While I was there I can definitely say I learned a lot and set me up well for the future.

Cons

They have very high expectations about staying on task at the job. My recommendation is to not even consider pulling your phone out to text somebody. Also, make sure you leave for lunch so you aren't mistaken for being off task. They will watch your every move during your 90 day evaluation period. If they aren't happy they will have no problem letting you go.

Advice to Management

Relax a little. People need to be able to take a break while programming. We aren't machines.

3. Support Analyst - (Remote)

Former Employee - Technical Support Analyst in Austin, TX

I worked at Advanced Solutions International full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

* Telecommute * Competitive salary * Reasonable benefits

Cons

* Extremely complex application to support, support analysts expected to 'self-educate' while actively taking cases.

4. Good place to work

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I worked at Advanced Solutions International full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Management style is flat, everyone is equal and has a voice.

Cons

Difficult to get pay raises. Instead of a raise, a small bonus was given but obviously it did not increase my yearly salary year over year.

Advice to Management

Pay high performers well.

5. A great place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time for more than 20 years

Pros

A good mix of seasoned, mid-career and entry-level professionals. Casual, friendly work environment. Basic office perks (snacks, beverages, occasional catered lunches). Job security. Opportunity to move across departments for career growth.

Cons

No extravagant in-office perks of larger companies.

Advice to Management

Continue listening and acting on the feedback/suggestions of your employees.

Software company stuck in old times.

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time

Pros

The company has good product but uses ancient technology and very slow to adapt to the new and current technologies, that are being used by the other competitors.

Cons

The company is run by old school management style, that is useful for a manufacturing company or a fast food joint but not a software shop. They have not flex times which is prevalent in the software industry right now. Employees are reprimanded for showing up late even by a minute. There is no career development environment. You'll be a software developer for the rest of your career.

Advice to Management

Grow up and raise your head from the sand, and see where the software industry has gone, and don't be stuck in the times when the company was founded about 20 years ago, that doesn't work anymore.

A whole lot of Talk

• Overall

I have been working at Advanced Solutions International full-time for more than 6 years

Pros

Some very good people have and still work there. Many friends

Cons

Offered a Stock Plan to employees, then reneged on it. Even after years of "Playing it Up" to fellow employees. Low Pay and try getting a raise, thought it was me, turns out it is policy! New ideas are dashed. Until ownership changes, nothing will change

Advice to Management

Clarity, honesty and respect should be engrained in ASI's DNA and it is not

Well managed, profitable, and compassionate

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Pros

ASI prides itself on maintaining their profitability, which is due primarily to being privately held. They watch the budget, provide for staff needs, and focus their attention on their strategy for business success. It feels like family without all the nepotism. Everyone can contribute since the founders view ideas as a meritocracy. The good ones rise to the top regardless of their source.

Cons

Some decision making does appear to be made by fiat. More insight into what drives decisions would be more helpful. More attention to building in proactive responses before emergencies happen would lead to a less stressful, reactive work environment as is now experienced.

Advice to Management

Business practices, policies, and procedures need to be aligned with future business strategies at the same time to prevent reactive management style.

Sales and marketing team

Former Employee - TX-Texas in Austin, TX

I worked at Advanced Solutions International full-time for more than 2 years

Pros

The Austin TX development and accounting team has won many awards.

Cons

I found the Virginia product marketing team to strongly influence and not understand the technical development process. Convio is in the same market and is overwhelming successful

10. Good job mobility

I worked at Advanced Solutions International for more than 2 years

Pros

they utilize cutting edge technology

Cons

no strong cons - perhaps have more frequent employee reviews

Advice to Management

more regular staff reviews

Found 16 reviews