AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions Reviews | Glassdoor

Full-time Part-time

3.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
CEO

"Great Communication from CEO"

Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - MEDICAL BILLING in Salem, NH

I have been working at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

In all the companies I've worked with this is the first where the CEO personally takes the time to communicate and take questions from the team at least quarterly in a group setting. I also totally feel the comfort to call or email him at any time if I have a question that my manager can't answer. I truly appreciate that kind of accessibility. We genuinely care about our clients and it shows from the very top of our company. So proud to work here.

Cons

I do wish we all worked in the same office but also realize this just isn't possible in today's world.

Advice to Management

Keep up the communication and the commitment to our "Client First" atmosphere. Thank you for your hard work and dedications

"A/R REPRESENTATIVE"

Current Employee - A/R Representative in Salem, NH
    Current Employee - A/R Representative in Salem, NH

Pros

I enjoy my job at AdvantEdge. My co workers are wonderful, the hours flexible (which is great for working parent), and there is room to grow within the company.

Cons

The fact that I have to work for a living and that is a con within any company

3. "Client Management Analyst"

Former Employee - Client Management Analyst in Auburn, ME
    Former Employee - Client Management Analyst in Auburn, ME

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions (More than a year)

Pros

When I look back on my employment with this company there are not a lot of pros. Our HR representative worked from an office in another state, but she was aware of some of the personnel issues and was easy to speak to and work with.

Cons

A very clique-y environment, especially with the management staff. While the atmosphere was not hostile, it was not a very comfortable place to work if you weren't part of the "in" crowd.

Advice to Management

Utilize 360 reviews to help your managers become better managers.

"Great Company with Great Clients and Staff"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

Pros

As the company continues to grow, the emphasis is always focused on the clients. This is certainly the correct approach since we would not be in business without our clients. Qualified and dedicated employees are recognized and rewarded as such. Management allows you to diversify your skill set by participating in new projects.

Cons

Benefits are okay but could be better.

Advice to Management

Continue to address employees who are not meeting a high bar.

"Good Company for Great People!"

Pros

Growing company with lots of opportunity for people interested in learning and contributing.

Very focused on client satisfaction and performance.

Always raising the bar!

Cons

Good benefits, but they can be expensive.

Advice to Management

More communication between offices.

"Great Growth Potential (both for the employee & company)"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Pros

AdvantEdge has been steadily growing over the past decade and it has been fun to be a part of that process and watch the company grow with several new locations (and many new clients) joining the family. Great growth potential for the employees as they encourage employees to grow with a heavy push to promote solid employees from within.

Cons

My position is home based so sometimes that is a challenge to be a part of the energy which is present at each location.

"It could be worse"

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

I have been working at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Nice office space, and access to a little gym. There are also some nice people working there. Some roles offer flexibility in terms of getting your 40 hours in on your own schedule.

Cons

Horrible pay, miserable atmosphere, no bonuses, clueless management. They constantly spout about wanting to make it a great place to work, but they do nothing to demonstrate this. The People services department (HR) have a distinct lack of people skills and as such they struggle to come up with even the most basic ideas and activities that might make the working environment more pleasant.

Advice to Management

Stop acting like you care about your staff when its clear that they arent your focus. "Client first" is a great way to run a business, but when you take things away from staff and it has nothing to do with the client, then you are just being blind to what makes employees happy.

"Very nice work environment....."

Current Employee - Billing/Accounts Receivable in Staten Island, NY
    Current Employee - Billing/Accounts Receivable in Staten Island, NY

I have been working at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions (More than 8 years)

Pros

If you have a good work ethic, motivation and appreciate your job, I believe you will have no serious issues. Every company has their faults, however it's choosing your battles wisely that matter.

Cons

Retaining "unproductive employees" for no obvious benefit to the company. I would recommend that they strive to hire and retain highly motivated individuals to ensure this company's survival in an extremely competitive business world. I removed (1) star for this issue.

Advice to Management

If an employee does not earn their "noodles", it's time to kindly say goodbye.

"not a long time job."

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lombard, IL

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Some nice people to work with, convenient location, flexible hours within the company operating hours. Not much else to say about the pros of working here.

Cons

The management is poor. They favor the mediocre workers. If you share an idea, or voice a different way to handle the work flow you are told you push back too much. If you can't make a spreadsheet you will be promoted to team lead. They are not interested in fixing issues for the long term but rather just want a quick temporary fix. Poor communication with the clients. Poor communication within the office. Understaffed yet lay off's happen frequently. More and more work being outsourced to India. Don't plan on staying long if you take a job here because if you start to make too much money they will find a way to set you up for failure. Family is not allowed to work in same departments, yet it is happening in 2 departments right now! And of course family gets favored.

Advice to Management

If you really want to succeed in keeping your clients you need to stop cutting jobs. The only way to get all the work done to keep the clients happy is to have enough staff. Also don't promote someone who can't insert items into a spreadsheet. CU.

11. "Poorly Managed Company"

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Salem, NH

I worked at AdvantEdge Healthcare Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Many of the employees work hard and are great to work with.

Cons

The company is over leveraged and runs on borrowed money. The benefits have been reduced, employees laid off in other locations and the bonus is nonexistent. The pay rates are not enough to make up for the sub-standard work environment or the poor level of benefits.

If you want to work in a company where the team is appreciated, there is room for growth and development and you want to have a long-term career, find somewhere else to work.

Advice to Management

Learn that the employees who work there and take care of the clients are the most important asset to the company. Your "Client First" attitude is wrong.