Advantage Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Security Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2019

Found 36 reviews

3.1
Advantage Security CEO Vic C. Evans (no image)
Vic C. Evans
  1. "Not worth the headache"

Colorado in Denver, CO

I worked at Advantage Security for more than a year

Pros

Experience Many sites are Downtown Some people at some sites are great to work with

Cons

Bad treatment of employees, often neglectful. Office staff is very unpersonable, every mishap is never their fault. Have been known to have clients discriminate against employees (race, sexual orientation). Have had many cases of Unemployment brought against them for not-at-fault firings. Falsify Time Cards. Home office is not located near main work sights. Outdated dress code. Cheap looking uniforms. Some... client sites have overly demanding job requirements.

Advice to Management

Treat employees with more respect. Client needs are half of your business, employee needs are the other half, remember that.

Advantage Security2016-09-05

"Best security company in Colorado"

I have been working at Advantage Security

Pros

I have worked for 5 different security firms and have associates who have worked with many others. To be frank, security has always been a shady business: unqualified clowns to fill a uniform put on a post with zero training, not getting paid for overtime, being expected to purchase uniforms without compensation, being asked to do legally questionable things. That is the baseline. Advantage ASI, in contrast, is... by far the most professional and we'll organized outfit I've ever worked with. It is a privilege to be part of the ASI team. Also, PLENTY of overtime if you want it.

Cons

The health insurance offered is the absolute worst package I've ever seen, you don't want Kaiser insurance with a sky high deductible. Practically worthless. Offer better insurance options. Pay is fair to start out with, but raises are non-existant. If you have the "soft look" (blazer and tie) uniform it is hot in the Summer and cold in the Winter, and you're never allowed to take off the blazer or tie while... you're on duty or risk termination. Perhaps offer blazers and slacks in a lighter material for Summer.

Advice to Management

You are doing a great job, but some clients have unreasonable or unrealistic expectations, and if a guard is suddenly expected to double their workload at the whim of a client they should be compensated fairly for that. A meager .25 an hour raise for every year with the company would be greatly appreciated.

Advantage Security2016-05-18

"Operation Manager"

Current Employee - Operations in Aurora, CO

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Quality Management team - compensation is above average

Cons

No downsides unless you create issues

Advice to Management

account managers should all be on same page and not operating as independent

Advantage Security2016-01-11
  4. "Not Bad"

I have been working at Advantage Security

Pros

Plenty of hours. fairly easy job but you still had a lot of responsibility. Fair pay for a security job.

Cons

Short staffed. Benefits are not very good. Mediocre management depending on the site you work.

Advice to Management

Listen to you employees and offer pay raises even if they are small. We have people that have worked here for 10 plus years that make the same as when they started. There is also little to no room for advancement.

Advantage Security2015-12-16
  5. "DECENT COMPANY, BUT WAS FIRED OVER ONE MISUNDERSTANDING!"

Security Guard in Denver, CO

I worked at Advantage Security

Pros

I was employed at ASI for just under a year. the company was good at placing me in ideal locations that suited me, was flexible and understanding. As far as I knew, I was in good standing. THEN, I was assigned to a temporary ("special") assignment at a hotel in Littleton. I was offered the hours of 3:00-11:00PM, but explained I could only work 7:00-11:00PM. The scheduler I thought said that would be OK. Then,... around 4:00 of the first day of the assignment (3 hrs. before my start time!), I got a phone call from the ASI scheduler asking me why I wasn't on post. I explained I thought my start time was 7:00, not 3:00. I was asked to come to the ASI office to meet with the Supervisor, and to bring my uniforms. It was there I was fired, even though I explained this was due to a misunderstanding, NOT negligence! (Maybe both me and the scheduler could be faulted for not confirming the schedule.) One mis-step, and you're fired!!

Cons

After nearly a year at ASI, I was fired over a misunderstanding of my schedule. (However, I would gladly return to ASI if they offered to rehire me)

Advice to Management

Having been fired over a misunderstanding of scheduling, I would recommend ASI have their Schedulers confirm schedules with guards over the phone or via e-mail to avoid misunderstandings of schedules in the future.

Advantage Security2015-10-13
  6. "Good company overall, small-company feel"

I worked at Advantage Security full-time

Pros

Still feels like a small company, even though it's one of the largest in Denver. Vic, the president, says hello to people and remembers most everybody. Management is good -- I heard alot of coworkers complain, but I think they just didn't know how to compare with other companies, which aren't as well run. There's always some schedule confusion and occasional payroll confusion in security companies. It's... generally worse with others.

Cons

I get the impression they're losing market share, slowly, but they still have alot of jobs so it should remain a good company for the forseeable future. Pay rates remain stagnant, but still better than working retail or fast food.

Advantage Security2015-08-15
  7. "ASI "as we see it""

Current Employee - Security Officer in Thornton, CO

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Awesome family owned company. Quick to respond to customers needs. "As a company; Personable, responsive, has great integrity, honorable, has never failed to deliver on payroll, and personal attention in the front office.

Cons

Not up to standards with "Today,s organizations" Still uses old school methods of paying individuals. Will allow you to go for years before giving you a pay raise. Will allow you to go for years without a personal employee review.

Advice to Management

Change style of pay practices. Do SOMETHING (besides an annual Christmas Party) to help employees feel like they are a part of a healthy, growing, advancing, organization.

Advantage Security2015-08-24
  8. "Declining very fast"

I worked at Advantage Security

Pros

You can usually make your own schedule as a "floater", until they try guilt-tripping you into working or ask "What do you have going on?". Working with some people who also understand and know how this company can really be.

Cons

Working with negligent people. Working for 3+ years without a pay raise. Being harassed by some clients. Working with countless liars who tell the most outrageous BS stories. Working with strange and absolutely freaky people. Not a career, nor any chance of advancement. A $10 movie pass for being officer of the month. Being told I am a liar to my face in so many words. They don't care about those who are... overqualified for every job they have.

Advice to Management

If you care at all about the company, try and fix it - fast. You were at one point a decent employer, but not anymore. You've lost huge accounts, and there shouldn't be any question as to why you lost those accounts. Vic Evans I never really dealt with, but the company overall is declining and very fast.

Advantage Security2015-08-06
  9. "great company"

Current Employee - Security Officer in Albuquerque, NM

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

Friendly supervisors, bosses who care accommodating to your days off needs, understanding of personal issues, takes care of the officer

Cons

Curently the only I have is pay, but as a 19 year old full time student it is really great pay. Just not career worthy,

Advice to Management

Do not stop the good work, I love working for yall. Fantastic company, you all provide a service that exceeds any other security company I have worked for.

Advantage Security2015-06-10
  10. "Decent job"

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time

Pros

Offers flexible hours; multiple locations; lots of opportunities for paid overtime

Cons

The schedulers are very stressed out and constantly calling and pressuring you to work shifts that they need covered.

Advantage Security2015-06-13