Advantage Security Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Security Reviews

Updated Jul 1, 2019

Found 36 reviews

3.1
Advantage Security CEO Vic C. Evans (no image)
Vic C. Evans
  1. "Great"

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time

Pros

good money, advancement opportunities, great people

Cons

work many hours, Some sites are difficult

Advantage Security2015-05-06
  2. "Steady work but very boring"

Current Employee - Security Guard in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time for less than a year

Pros

At some posts you can use your phone and sit down. Not too hard to take time off. Lots of different shifts and locations

Cons

Extreme boredom Management often not very responsive. Can be very hard to switch to a different shift or location. Need to constantly follow up with management to get anything done

Advice to Management

Be more responsive

Advantage Security2015-04-21

"They truly care about finding a good fit for their employees."

Current Employee - Security Officer in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time for more than a year

Pros

I have been working at a site down town for almost a year and have been thrilled with the job and all of its responsibilities. Advantage from the beginning had a fast interview process and spent more time getting to really know me and my needs so they could place me appropriately. After meeting the site supervisor and then going through training, I realized I had stepped into a job that I could enjoy my environment... as much as I did the people I get to interact with.

Cons

I know that promotions are tough and they are done within. I an truly hoping for an increase in pay over time.

Advice to Management

Please keep up the philosophy of finding what sites and openings fit your new employees. You did right by me and I sincerely the effort that was made to get me to where I am today.

Advantage Security2014-08-25

September 5, 2014Account Manager

Thank you for your positive response of ASI. Our success as a family business derives from employing individuals who are passionate about people as much as we are. Through the hiring process, it is important for us to get to know you and find a work environment that complements your personality. Though challenging at times, it is rewarding for that individual as much as it is for our company to find a perfect fit. We are happy to hear we could find you a good location that meets your needs and look forward to a long, productive working relationship with ASI.

4. "A positive and supportive work environment"

I have been working at Advantage Security

Pros

Small company atmosphere that is supportive of their employees and very easy to work with. Minimal micromanagement.

Cons

High turn over rate and less than desirable pay for the job description and security clearance requirement.

Advice to Management

A rotating weekend schedule would be nice.

Advantage Security2014-06-17

September 5, 2014Account Manager

Thank you for your honesty with us! As the largest locally owned security company in Denver, we find ourselves competing against national and international security companies. Our identity isn’t lost in corporate structure, but defined by the relationships we have with our employees and clients. We believe the greatest asset we have is our exceptional security officers in the field putting their best foot forward. In this industry, we have learned that security positions often lead to greater opportunities. Many go into the criminal justice system, military, and other businesses that value the customer service experience they gain from employment with ASI. Though these factors contribute to increasing the turnover rate, we retain the lowest in the security industry. We will continue to work for you negotiating higher pay at your site. A fraction of our overall business requires a security clearance and we will continue to do our best in adding value to your position.

5. "Work as much or as little as you like, with great flexibility and camaraderie, but don't expect a huge paycheck."

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

I've never worked with people I liked as much, it has a real small company feel. You can find a place and fit in well, and enjoy the people.

Cons

The pay isn't great, around 11.50 to 12 dollars per hour, and you're an independent contractor when it comes to pay, so when you switch to a new gig, you get a different rate and your raises at one place doesn't go to the next gig.

Advice to Management

Allow people to take their raises with them to new gigs. There are better S/O's and worse, and they shouldn't get paid the same.

Advantage Security2013-10-06

September 5, 2014Account Manager

We understand the challenges with moving from one site to another and the pay not being the same. Each site has its own pay structure and we continually work hard for our security officers to maintain the same income level when relocating. Sometimes, this is unpreventable, but know we prefer to move our employees up rather then down in transitioning to a new site. Thank you for all your hard work and support. The camaraderie you feel is mutual from our management team as well. We are only as successful as our security officers are. That is why we strive to give our employees the best employment opportunity we can.

"It is ok."

I have been working at Advantage Security full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

Pay, hours, sites, coworkers, and most schedules.

Cons

no advancement, no pay raise, no flexibility at some sites.

Advice to Management

Work on the cons.

Advantage Security2012-10-10

September 5, 2014Account Manager

We understand that working in the security industry isn’t the most glamorous job. To be the one safeguarding people and property is a large responsibility. Know that as a family owned and operated business, we value the people taking on these responsibilities. Our base salary is higher than many of our competitors and advancement is based off of factors such as individual performance, open positions and a positive customer relationship with that employee. Continue to put your best foot forward and know that ASI will continue to do everything we can to improve the quality of your employment experience with us.

Found 36 reviews