Advantage Solutions Business Development Manager Reviews | Glassdoor

Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
Cons
  • As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred (in 39 reviews)

• Many jobs only part time though some full time is available (See Pros) Not many benefits unless you keep your average hours per week worked up to 40 (in 88 reviews)

"Busness Developement Manager"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Rogers, AR
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Rogers, AR

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Benefits, management, and HR dept.

Cons

Employees expendable when making business decision

Advice to Management

When shutting down a division try harder to find a home for those quality employees. Good employees are hard to find.

2. "Good"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Chicago, IL

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Mixed traditional and progressive corporate culture

Cons

No cons to share here

Advice to Management

NA

"Churn and Burn Machine"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Everyone is in the same boat...looking to get out.

Cons

More and More clients to manage with no extra pay; no raise; no bonus; and no end in sight.

Advice to Management

Invest in your people instead of buying other companies, programs, and making promises to "clients" that over promise and under deliver. Your employees should be your number one asset...not continually dumped on with more work and no end in sight. Support staff and training for success instead of being thrown out in the lake with a leaky life preserver. No wonder its a revolving door at Advantage Solutions!

"Horrible Company"

Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Business Development Manager in Des Moines, IA

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

It is fun to work with several clients (brands) across multiple categories. Great people in my local office.

Cons

Atrocious pay, no intent on retaining young talent, loss of clients way too often, benefits are pretty bad, the company is in the toilet and I do not see them getting out with this leadership. No one in this entire company will tell you that they enjoy working for Advantage. No one.

Advice to Management

Upper management has absolutely no idea what they're doing. This company is in freefall and loses a major client and revenue every month.
    For a company that claims "Our most important asset is our people", they sure do a crummy job at taking care of young talent. This company is ALL baby boomers and there's no room for up-and-comers. They refuse to give out raises, frequently lay people off, and are more focused on retaining their 60+ year olds rather than investing in their young talent that they train through the LDA program. You'll be treated like a King as an LDA, but the moment you "graduate" from the program, you're nothing but another number to upper management. I came from the LDA program, was promoted twice in 3 years, worked with some of the biggest clients in our company, and won awards, yet I would get scoffed at and straight up denied raises. Meanwhile, my workload kept piling up. Tanya Domier and other upper management are running this company into the ground. People should participate in the LDA program, learn the business, get your free trips to California, and then get out of the company and run as fast as you can to a manufacturer because there ARE companies that will pay you what you're worth, but unfortunately Advantage is not one of them. They have become the laughing stock of the national CPG brokerage industry and they know it. This company is a joke, starting with the executive leadership.

"Very little transparency here."

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Austin, TX
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Austin, TX

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for a broker is stable. If placed into the right position, you can get good exposure to a large network of CPG industry leaders.

Cons

Little to no training, mentorship, feedback, or recognition. Low pay. Not transparent about opportunity for advancement, salary expectations, or management. Poor diversity. Weak corporate culture.

Advice to Management

Don't expect top talent to stay here unless you offer them the tools to succeed and an industry competitive compensation. The age range here is ACE grads 22-26, then there's a huge gap to 40's-50's in middle/upper management.

Advantage Solutions Response

Feb 22, 2018 – Advantage Solutions Team

Thank you for your hard work as a BDM and for taking the time to provide us with detailed feedback. Your comments are very helpful and will help us improve our company culture and associate... More

"Advantage was the first company I worked for out of college. I advanced very quickly and received 4 promotions"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Penn Hills, PA
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Penn Hills, PA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

They will invest in you. Many different fields and positions you could pursue with this company. Great networking, meet and work with many companies

Cons

Expanding too quickly and in my opinion they have lost focus on the current business they already have. Recently lost a huge opportunity with a customer and could jeopardize current clients’ business

Advice to Management

Stick to the core clients and business and make sure they are satisfied

7. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Very stable company in an exciting enviroment

Cons

Very low compensation for the work that is needed to be done

"Company Review"

Current Employee - Associate Business Development Manager in Woodcliff Lake, NJ
    Current Employee - Associate Business Development Manager in Woodcliff Lake, NJ

Pros

the company allows you flexibility in your work day and have the ability to work from home.

Cons

transparency in your development/position. growth potential seems limited to be a top exec. pay is not great when comparing the same position else where. lack of company culture. high turnover

Advice to Management

pay your employees better and actually implement a better company culture. Be transparent about what the retail /sales aspect meant. did not realize i would literally be out in stores everyday rotating product as a college grad.

"Enjoy Walmart Team"

Current Employee - Associate Business Development Manager in Bentonville, AR
    Current Employee - Associate Business Development Manager in Bentonville, AR

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I work in the Bentonville office as BDM in support of syndicated Walmart team. The office culture is very solid, with plenty of learning and advancement opportunities for people who put themselves out there. Management is generally transparent and quite supportive.

Field operations is a unique part of retail, Walmart specifically. There isn't a better place to learn field ops than Advantage.

Cons

The pay is barely competitive with area vendors, and they frequently snatch top talent as soon as we develop it. So we have high turnover, but not because people don't like the job.

The culture is good, but not quite Google or Collective bias "cool." If we're not going to compete on pay with suppliers, then we should put more emphasis on being a really really fun and flexible place to work.

People constantly leaving makes it difficult to deliver for our clients.

Advice to Management

Continue to push for excellence, and fight for our fair share of employee budget if Walmart syndicated is the cash cow.

10. "Business Development Manager"

Current Employee - Business Development Manager
    Current Employee - Business Development Manager

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

The company has taken good care of me as I have worked extremely hard for them over the past 5 years.

Cons

Career building. Lack vision for where you as an employee will be 5 years from now.

Advantage Solutions Response

Mar 1, 2017 – Advantage Solutions Team

We truly appreciate your hard work at Advantage Solutions over the past 5 years. If you are looking to grow your career with us, we encourage you to explore our exciting, new opportunities at... More