Advantage Solutions Reviews in Charlotte, NC | Glassdoor

3.2
Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Sort: PopularRatingDate

Pros
  • Flexible schedule,Great work environment (in 95 reviews)

• Extremely great compensation-work part time and get paid as much as a full time job (in 89 reviews)

Cons
  • As with any Field Management position your work life balance can become blurred (in 38 reviews)

• not enough hours only part time (in 83 reviews)

1. "Great Company to work for."

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Flexible scheduling. You schedule the projects assigned to you to fit your schedule.

Cons

Sometimes there isn't enough work for the week. The projects have a cycle where there are a lot projects and then it slows down for a few months. I have worked anywhere between 4 hours to 50+ hours in a week.

Advice to Management

When there are projects that require a mailing to the representative's home, it would be nice to have a tracking list so that the representative can schedule the project accordingly.

"Gets worse every year I'm here"

Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Supervisor in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Hiring my direct reports, at least I know I will like them.

Cons

Extremely low pay for supervisors. Benefits are outrageously expensive. Zero flexibility in schedule. Haven't had a raise in last 4 years (been here 6). In fact, was forced to take a pay cut when transferring from one supervisor position to another...and, the new position was managing twice as many people. Per diems are low. Mileage is low. Hotel options are horrible for supervisors, but upper management can stay in much nicer hotels.

Advice to Management

You preach "people are your biggest asset", but you do not follow that theme whatsoever. Middle management is treated poorly on most teams. Turnover is insane, but upper management does not understand why. Everyone is replaceable in their eyes so, good employees end up quitting. It's not rocket science, practice what you preach otherwise, quit with the people are the biggest asset b.s.. I've seen so much in my 6 years here and it amazes me how poorly run this company is. Why ask employees to do Kenexa surveys every year, but make no improvements? Why I am actively looking elsewhere for employment.

Advantage Solutions Response

Sep 6, 2017 – Advantage Solutions Team

Thank you for your unique insight as a Supervisor and for being a part of our team for 6 years. Your input about pay, company culture, and communication is essential information and will help us as... More

"Low pay, low mileage"

Current Employee - RSM in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - RSM in Charlotte, NC

Pros

I love the independence, work solo and make your own schedule and route. Easy work, physical but not rocket science.

Cons

Supervisor is just a company drone doesn't know how to handle an employee like me that asks questions. Was told by manager that ASM is a "top down company". So, in others words shut up and do your job, don't ask questions. Weekly conference call is painful same crap every week.
    The mileage reimbursement in my state is about .28 per mile for part time , full time gets .32. Mileage should start from your home office, not the first and last store. Companies like ASM get away with not paying their field people cheap mileage, no cell phone and internet costs.

Advice to Management

Foster a more two way dialogue with employees. Update management style. Pay a better mileage rate and calculation.

4. "Needs to be more consistent with pay, work , and contracts security"

Former Employee - Field Representative Ambassador in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Field Representative Ambassador in Charlotte, NC

Pros

Lots of work available, minimum micromanagement, good pay and benefit potential

Cons

No consistency in job security, spontaneous..job changes, chain of command communication not good or consistent

Advice to Management

Better upper management to lower level staff cimmunication.."companywide", securing newer staff to work consistently, better training prep, internal review of monthly progress on reports..Keeping subcontract within company

"Upper management never sees you so doesn't understand your worth"

Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Not really sure there are any besides you can take off work whenever you want and tell send in a temp from work smart.

Cons

Low pay, not appreciated for your work, unfair travel reimbursements, dead end. Supervisors provide false hope for moving up. No raises. Benefits decline over time but your expected to work harder.

Advice to Management

Treat your employees better because the quality of the people you employ is declining because no decent person will work for so cheap.

6. "Great job for supplemental income"

Current Employee - Retail Project Merchandiser in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

You can work your own hours and pick your own assignments.

Cons

The number of available assignments is not consistent. Weeks, sometimes months will go by before they post any new opportunities in your area. So you have to claim all the assignments you can to carry you through the down periods and worry about scheduling later.

travel can be excessive for their pay rate.

Not much opportunity to advance within the company. But they are expanding so that could change.

Advice to Management

More work needs to be available for associates.

7. "ASM Review"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Industry Leader
    Great community of professionals
    Exciting day to day business
    Great if you want to learn directly from ASM Leaders
    Diversified
    Always room to advance

Cons

Work loads are very stressful
    Must want a challenge
    Very dynamic
    Sometimes directions as they trickle down they become less clear.
    Travel up to 40% of time

Advice to Management

Consider quality over quantity
    Be more upfront of how often the employee will actually be driving and traveling.

"Retail Merchandising"

Current Employee - Retail Merchandising in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Retail Merchandising in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Travel east coast, some benefits

Cons

PM shift, Not organized, Cutting wedges

Advice to Management

My advice would be to do employee progress checks, actually come in contact with your employees, new employee training programs. Most of all do not use temporary services, and take care of the employees who stick around to get the job done. I use to love my job, but now with all the pay cuts and long time friends / associates leaving for new employment no so much. The work is hard with 12 hour nights, but with not good pay....that seems to decrease monthly. Instead of hiring full time employees they bring in temporary services with people with no training. I have never meet my supervisor in person in the 5 years I've been with the company. Forget it if u have a problem .....HR takes forever and payroll is a headache. Its a job......and I am thankful for it!! I just know it can be more if management was more involved with the process, and concerned about the employees.

Showing 8 of 2,166 reviews