Advantage Solutions Reviews in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

2.3
Rating Trends Rating Trends
Advantage Solutions CEO Tanya Domier
Tanya Domier

Pros
  • great opportunity to learn new things an meet new people they have flexible schedule (in 77 reviews)

• Extremely great compensation-work part time and get paid as much as a full time job (in 77 reviews)

Cons
  • Admin time and call reports can make work/life balance difficult (in 36 reviews)

• Need a Full Time, Only have Part-Time (in 69 reviews)

1. "Could be better"

Former Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Retail Reset Merchandiser in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good job at a decent company. Easy stuff for the most part. Good coworkers, helpful. Good pay.

Cons

Not enough hours given. Some job sites are far away from home.

Advice to Management

Give more hours to those who ask.

"Assembler"

Current Employee - Computer Software Engineer, Applications in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Computer Software Engineer, Applications in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

no other choice, need minimum money to pay rent and bills.

Cons

The compagny ask you to buy your own materials ( Drill,impact screwdrivers, ETC).
    I worked more than 8hours per day sometimes 9h to earn only 80$. It's absolutely unfair.

Advice to Management

paying by piece is not fair.
    At the end the assembler will earn a maximum of 10$/hour, if there is work.

"Decent Job"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (More than a year)

Pros

This is a good part time job for college students that need a little extra money and a flexible schedule. You work on your own for the most part, although they have been assigning "trainers" to check up on you every so often.

Cons

The pay is decent at best. Do not expect any raises, been working for over 2 years now and not one raise. Constant change of managers and restructuring and the business operations seems really shaky. Equipment needs to be updated and management needs to improve.

Advice to Management

Offer better pay to long and loyal employees.

"FSR"

Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA
    Former Employee - Financial Service Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

I havent found any yet. Paychecks are screwed up, too. I am so disappointed as to what they did after purchasing a company that was well organized, and communication was open.

Cons

I was part of the IRI business sale to Advantage Solutions. It has become the most terrible business transfer in history. 2 months into this transfer and: we dont know how we are getting paid, we cannot get our weekly work, we have no way of knowing if our work hours are processed or not, we are asking to do work over again that we have already done, we are not getting stores on our device that should be there, for weeks at a time. It is very hard to get a response to an email or a phone call, and the new managers dont seem to know what you are talking about when you ask a question. I wonder if they had any training? Managers get impatient because we are trying to do our jobs and cant get answers. I dont know how they will even hold accounts. When I worked for IRI there was a system in place where work was sent to us, communication by email was done daily, and we had to adhere to deadlines. Advantage is a mess because of all of this. 10 years with IRI of good work, and now I have to quit because Advantage has me so stressed out. Terrible, terrible thing they did to ruin this good business and so many jobs.

Advice to Management

Get off the Jet and use the Topaz until you can figure this out. Assign territory FSR's who are experienced with weekly collections and have them train your managers. They are pathetic.

6. "Some Good, some not so good"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Good extra money if you need a few extra days of work. Management doesn't breath down your neck when on an event, so you can play it by ear if needed. Some events can be interesting and you can learn about new products. You usually can work at a retail place close to you or work farther away if you want for extra work. If you've been there for awhile you get some sick time.

Cons

Events used to be 6 hours regularly, recently went down to 5 1/2 hours, less hours equal less pay, which I really could have used. Events sometimes disappear and appear almost randomly from the list (called JET) making it hard if you have another job. Some weeks I've gotten no work at all, this is rare lately though. No raises (the pay is only slightly above minimum wage here).

Advice to Management

Be more responsive to event specialists, I know your busy, but if theres a problem and its ignored it'll effect something else down the road.

Advantage Solutions Response

Apr 5, 2016 – TA Organic Search Specialist

Dear Valued Employee, Thank you so much for bringing your concerns to out attention. Your input is essential to furthering our commitment to our associates and operating with integrity. If you ... More

"Good place to work for short to mid term"

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

I worked at Advantage Solutions full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Flexible work schedule. Independent work environment. Pretty good benefits. They gave me a job when I needed one so I'm grateful for that. Pretty laid back for the most part.

Cons

Pay was below comparable positions with competitors. Too much travel. Mileage was not reimbursed for first and last 40miles when traveling. Management changed several times during my employment.

Advice to Management

Make territories smaller and more efficient for the employees.

Advantage Solutions Response

Feb 25, 2016 – SEO Specialist

Dear Valued Former Employee, We value and appreciate your feedback. Thank you so much for bringing your feedback to our attention. Your input is essential to furthering our commitment to our ... More

"Great experience but looking outside the company"

Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Los Angeles, CA
    Current Employee - Leadership Development Associate in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The trips are great. My manager gave me a lot of freedom to choose which projects I would pursue. You get to meet top level individuals several times. You're pretty much guaranteed a "promotion." Your odds are greatest in sales then marketing with likelihood decreasing quickly. If you work really hard and communicate what you want, you MIGHT get placed in fields such as HR, finance or technology.

Cons

Considering all the factors, the pay puts you in a bind. You're in the office two days and in the field the other three days. So, you won't enjoy the majority of your week. It's doable but not collegiate work. The "promotion" depends on company demand in that you have to move and accept what management gives you.

Advice to Management

Consider some formal structure for all managers to work with LDA's. Consider technical training and placing them in those types of roles.

"You'll get great, in-depth reviews without reaching down my throat."

Former Employee - Retail Sales Representative in Los Angeles, CA

Pros

Highly competitive wage for the position.

Cons

Getting in contact with your District Manager is almost impossible.

You're on your own for the most part. Weekend Warrior hours are very limited.

Advice to Management

You should delegate administrative duties to an assistant since you're obviously making a fat salary. To not be able to contact the person you're working for cheapens the culture.

"Awful"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

There are absolutely no pros. Stay away from this company. They lie right from the beginning.

Cons

Crosswalk pays 12.00 an hour and this take advantage does not want to match that at all and claims they want you to have a good experience.

Advice to Management

Stop lying

"Not enough hours"

Current Employee - Event Specialist in Los Angeles, CA

I have been working at Advantage Solutions part-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Great job that involves sales and getting customers to try samples

Cons

Not enough hours and terrible treatment

Showing 24 of 1,776 reviews